Author Topic: Jack a lousy leader and a hypocrite  (Read 11243 times)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Jack a lousy leader and a hypocrite
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2007, 04:00:42 PM »
It's an underground lesbian woman's prison.  They are keeping woman there to get them pregars and Charlie is going to get taken advantage of. 

That WOULD explain Charlie's little smile at the end of the show lol.
Yes because lesbians want to do is have sex with men!! 

If they want to be impregnated in an underwater hatch without medical facilities they do lol...

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2007, 04:04:35 PM »
I don't know what happened somehow it quoted some of my old stuff

it was good to read again

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2007, 04:05:13 PM »
Uh, how did you guys get to Lesbians?  I thought this was about Jack...maybe Sayid...

But he was really quick to say "no" to Sayid trying to figure out the sat phone thing last night. Seemed odd. He said something along the lines of "You called me your leader and have asked me to make decisions for the last 90 days. Well, I just made one. No." Seemed like he was really trying to dissuade Sayid from working on that... and then Juliet tried to further dissuade moments later when she told them the Looking Glass was flooded... It all seems fishy to me.

Exactly when he said that I said outluud to TV well you have been gone for about ten days of these 90 and they did just fine without you. Who put youback in charge.

Sayid seemd very suscpious(sp?) of Jack too.
Sayid is smart.  He will either keep Jack accountable or be the first to bring him down.

yes sayid very smart.

I had them as Bond girls.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2007, 04:07:46 PM »
I know, just thought it was funny how off topic this thread had become ;)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2007, 04:14:44 PM »
I know, just thought it was funny how off topic this thread had become ;)

I know leave it to the guys... :) :) :) :)

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2007, 12:14:54 AM »
Okay jack was appointed the leader in season one and did a good job,season two amongst all his head bobbing all he ever wanted to do was go fight the Others and sometimes just out of the blue,he would say "We need to form an army", then he would head out to go get them and stop and play cards with Sawyer.

So now in season 3, he is with the others,and is willing to leave all our Losties behind to cure Ben and get on a submarine and go home.
Now he comes back and wants to blow all the Others to hell.

Twice Sayid has to stop him once about the transmitter belonging to Naomi to get it to work another time Sayid has to remind Jack that the main goal is to get off the island.(Sayid shoudl be the leader). Jack is once again all gung ho warrior to blow the others all to hell,yet all he wanted to do before was get off the island himself.Now he is like who cares about getting off the island,let's fight.

But I think if Jack was given the option again to get off the island by himself he would take it.  I don't trust Jack at all. 

I'm not going to sit on the sidelines and allow you to trash my boy! lol

Seriously tho..jack was trying to run from his hurt from sleezeball and hobag...you know them by Sawyer and Kate. She wanted Jack, wanted Sawyer...slept with Sawyer...Jack gets to see a glimpse of it...come on!!...you'd be wigging out too! He was hurt and wanted out. He realized no one gave a hoot about him, so why should he? And ultimately he was ALL for letting Sawyer and Kate go!!!!

Jack keeps people under him pretty well for being such a sucky leader. They followed him out into the freakin jungle like it was nothing. Lil Charlie was the only one to say a word different!

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2007, 12:19:25 AM »
But he was really quick to say "no" to Sayid trying to figure out the sat phone thing last night. Seemed odd. He said something along the lines of "You called me your leader and have asked me to make decisions for the last 90 days. Well, I just made one. No." Seemed like he was really trying to dissuade Sayid from working on that... and then Juliet tried to further dissuade moments later when she told them the Looking Glass was flooded... It all seems fishy to me.

Ummm. He didn't want someone to attempt the SUICIDE mission...come on people!!! He's just trying to keep alive all that he can!! He's a doctor, who helps SAVE lives. Not allows suicide missions!

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2007, 01:26:19 PM »
Okay jack was appointed the leader in season one and did a good job,season two amongst all his head bobbing all he ever wanted to do was go fight the Others and sometimes just out of the blue,he would say "We need to form an army", then he would head out to go get them and stop and play cards with Sawyer.

So now in season 3, he is with the others,and is willing to leave all our Losties behind to cure Ben and get on a submarine and go home.

Twice Sayid has to stop him once about the transmitter belonging to Naomi to get it to work another time Sayid has to remind Jack that the main goal is to get off the island.(Sayid shoudl be the leader). Jack is once again all gung ho warrior to blow the others all to hell,yet all he wanted to do before was get off the island himself.Now he is like who cares about getting off the island,let's fight.

But I think if Jack was given the option again to get off the island by himself he would take it.  I don't trust Jack at all. 

Seriously tho..jack was trying to run from his hurt from sleezeball and hobag...you know them by Sawyer and Kate. She wanted Jack, wanted Sawyer...slept with Sawyer...Jack gets to see a glimpse of it...come on!!...you'd be wigging out too! He was hurt and wanted out. He realized no one gave a hoot about him, so why should he? And ultimately he was ALL for letting Sawyer and Kate go!!!!

Jack keeps people under him pretty well for being such a sucky leader. They followed him out into the freakin jungle like it was nothing. Lil Charlie was the only one to say a word different!
Actually, in the Answers epi TPTB said that Juliet misinterpreted it as heartbreak over seeing them, but that was not the case.  Jack wanted to save them both.  He loves Kate and wants her to be happy and he was trying to facilitate that.  After rewatching the last couple of episodes I think we have been giving Jack a hard time.  He has been preparing and planning.  Juliet told him from the day they were in the operating room what Ben's plan's were so her and Jack could work together to get them off the Island.  I think we will see Jack in full force this finale.

Offline Lost_Is_My_Favorite

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2007, 01:30:09 PM »

Actually, in the Answers epi TPTB said that Juliet misinterpreted it as heartbreak over seeing them, but that was not the case.  Jack wanted to save them both.  He loves Kate and wants her to be happy and he was trying to facilitate that.  After rewatching the last couple of episodes I think we have been giving Jack a hard time.  He has been preparing and planning.  Juliet told him from the day they were in the operating room what Ben's plan's were so her and Jack could work together to get them off the Island.  I think we will see Jack in full force this finale.

I still question how he said that he was told about Juliets plan after the ultra sound.  Also, does Jack know that Claire was implanted with a device that would nearly kill her just to make Juliet look good?  I am just hoping that the finale does show Jack as being a better leader and planning his own plan, minus Juliet, to save the losties. 

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2007, 01:49:19 PM »
He probably learned about the implant at some point.  It seems they put it in Claire some time ago...the others are very efficient ::) ;)  Juliet probably told him about it after the fact.

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2007, 07:49:03 AM »
I don't know about Jack anymore.....I liked him in Season 1 & 2, but now he just irritates me with his attitude and decisions.

In the last episode posts, I pretty much summed up the reasons why he gets on my nerves now: http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,5003.15.html

In this episode all he seems to care about is to blow up the Others until Sayid sets him straight. I don't think he's doing a very good job as a leader. He says that the Losties asked him to "Make Decisions" for them.....I don't remember any vote.

You know, maybe if he actually told everybody when Juliette disclosed Ben's plan to him, they would have been ready with the Dynamite with wires by now, instead of having to shoot at them. But no, Jack decided to withhold that info because "He hasn't decided what to do about it yet". And look what happened, Jack almost screwed up yet again because the Others decided to come a day early. Jack's just damn lucky Alex sent Karl to warn them. I even suspect that Juliette's still working for Ben considering the way she answered Karl's accusations of Juliette being a Spy. That's the perfect way to reinforce Juliette's cover, "They already know Karl, I told them".

Another major inconsistency I found with Jack is now he wants to kill a bunch of Others. Before this it always seemed like Jack is willing to preserve life, even the Others, at all costs. He didn't want Sayid beating up Ben (under the guise of Henry Gale) for info even. Jack couldn't bring himself to mercy kill that US marshall Lostie, until Sawyer screws up and shoots him wrong. Anna-Luica kills Shannon, ah well lets forgive her. Michael kills Anna-Luica & Libby and makes a deal with the Others and gets away......ah well nothing to dwell over, no need to kick the crap out of Michael. Kate sleeps with Sawyer, Locke blows up the Sub, Jack can't get off the Island, Others leave him with the Lostie! Ah damn it......lets go kill a whole bunch of Others now! WTF?!?! He doesn't even stay true to his own principles. Sometimes you have to compromise your principles, but not that quickly and lightly. This is almost as quick and unreasonable of a switch as Anakin Skywalker going from Light Side to Dark Side in Episode 3! WTF!  ???

Jack needs a good tongue lashing and a beating to set him straight.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2007, 10:52:36 AM »
I don't know about Jack anymore.....I liked him in Season 1 & 2, but now he just irritates me with his attitude and decisions.

In the last episode posts, I pretty much summed up the reasons why he gets on my nerves now: http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,5003.15.html

In this episode all he seems to care about is to blow up the Others until Sayid sets him straight. I don't think he's doing a very good job as a leader. He says that the Losties asked him to "Make Decisions" for them.....I don't remember any vote.

You know, maybe if he actually told everybody when Juliette disclosed Ben's plan to him, they would have been ready with the Dynamite with wires by now, instead of having to shoot at them. But no, Jack decided to withhold that info because "He hasn't decided what to do about it yet". And look what happened, Jack almost screwed up yet again because the Others decided to come a day early. Jack's just damn lucky Alex sent Karl to warn them. I even suspect that Juliette's still working for Ben considering the way she answered Karl's accusations of Juliette being a Spy. That's the perfect way to reinforce Juliette's cover, "They already know Karl, I told them".

Another major inconsistency I found with Jack is now he wants to kill a bunch of Others. Before this it always seemed like Jack is willing to preserve life, even the Others, at all costs. He didn't want Sayid beating up Ben (under the guise of Henry Gale) for info even. Jack couldn't bring himself to mercy kill that US marshall Lostie, until Sawyer screws up and shoots him wrong. Anna-Luica kills Shannon, ah well lets forgive her. Michael kills Anna-Luica & Libby and makes a deal with the Others and gets away......ah well nothing to dwell over, no need to kick the crap out of Michael. Kate sleeps with Sawyer, Locke blows up the Sub, Jack can't get off the Island, Others leave him with the Lostie! Ah damn it......lets go kill a whole bunch of Others now! WTF?!?! He doesn't even stay true to his own principles. Sometimes you have to compromise your principles, but not that quickly and lightly. This is almost as quick and unreasonable of a switch as Anakin Skywalker going from Light Side to Dark Side in Episode 3! WTF!  ???

I get what you're saying.  The only thing I wanted to point out is that in Season One when it was time to take down their first Other it was Jack who had him down on the ground.  I only remember that moment because it was the first time I liked Jack.  Not only was he a healer/doctor, but he was willing to break his hand on the Enemy's face.  I know Charlie actually killed Ethan -- but Jack stopped him.  He wasn't willing to just stand around and wait to stitch him up!

Offline Point Place WI

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2007, 08:21:28 PM »

Wrong plain and simple but thanks for the info

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2007, 11:24:44 PM »
Also, does Jack know that Claire was implanted with a device that would nearly kill her just to make Juliet look good?--Lost_Is_My_Favorite

Very good question -- I wondered about that too.  If he does, that sure wasn't very Hippocratic of him, was it?  As a doctor, I'd think he'd be highly offended at that tactic.  If he doesn't, what does that tell us about Juliet?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 11:26:43 PM by Madam P »

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2007, 12:04:08 AM »
Posted on April 12th, 2007.

Jack is the biggest moron on the show.  Tell me once that he has been right!!!!  He's an idiot.  How did he ever get into med school.  He should be a greeter at WalMart....not that there's anything wrong with that.  Jack's character fulfills the literary role of "crap-magnet."  There are characters you inject who are always getting screwed, betrayed, or enduring bad luck.  The reason you have a crap-magnet is that it simplifies the dynamics of writing a group story and, ever so often, everybody gets to say...poor Jack.  Eventually, you either kill the dude off or you make him into a turnaround story.  I'm betting that Jack is the latter, but I'm kinda hoping for the former.

In either case, Jack will either get crapped on again or he is laying a trap....waiting for the other's to go after Sun.  Any thoughtful person who knew of Sun's pregnancy would be concerned about the island's disease.  The fact that Jack didn't mention Sun to Juliet upon thinking that some condition inherent to the island was sickening Claire is already suspect.  Either Jack is a lousy doctor, laying a trap, hiding Sun's pregnency until he knows more about Juliet, or is just a moron. 

If Jack is a complete moron and trusts Juliet, he will tell Juliet about Sun immediately (Jack thinks Sun conceived on the island) due to the risk to Sun.  If he has doubts, he will discuss the issue with Sun, or somebody, first. 

I don't think I want to add anything further except that, what Jack want most will destroy him.

As the producers stated....Jack is the kind of person who could snatch failure from the clutches of success.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:46:41 PM by puff6962 »