Author Topic: Jack a lousy leader and a hypocrite  (Read 11046 times)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Jack a lousy leader and a hypocrite
« on: May 17, 2007, 12:36:36 PM »
 Okay jack was appointed the leader in season one and did a good job,season two amongst all his head bobbing all he ever wanted to do was go fight the Others and sometimes just out of the blue,he would say "We need to form an army", then he would head out to go get them and stop and play cards with Sawyer.

So now in season 3, he is with the others,and is willing to leave all our Losties behind to cure Ben and get on a submarine and go home.
Now he comes back and wants to blow all the Others to hell.

Twice Sayid has to stop him once about the transmitter belonging to Naomi to get it to work another time Sayid has to remind Jack that the main goal is to get off the island.(Sayid shoudl be the leader). Jack is once again all gung ho warrior to blow the others all to hell,yet all he wanted to do before was get off the island himself.Now he is like who cares about getting off the island,let's fight.

But I think if Jack was given the option again to get off the island by himself he would take it.  I don't trust Jack at all. 

Offline Point Place WI

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Jack a lousy leader and a hypocrite
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 12:57:15 PM »
Bah, He is playing the cards.  Sayid is like a right hand man.  Has to step in to keep balance but knows Jack's intentions are in the right place.  Let's see Docter or Iraqi National guard member.  Obviously Sayid is a leader.  Jack was the peoples choice.  I agree he looks flustered at times.  The "Others" are coming a day early which is screwing up the plan.  So, improvise.  They are all going to Danielle's radio signal and Charlie is taking out the switch at the bunny hatch.  So either way you look at it Sayid will get his walkie talkie working.  Unless Naomi can screw Sayid and live up to her word.

Like Rose said:  Jack, I like you better now that your an Optimist.  Best case scenario

Could be Locke...AWOL pledging allegiance to them.

I like Sayid he is the man.  He's trustworthy but Jack's way isn't necessarily wrong either. 

Go Team Losties

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 01:18:40 PM »
Point Place having trouble quoting you.yes Sayid is a great leader too, he ist he man. Jack is doing the best he can, but when all is said is done I think going along with his tatoo saying walks among them but belongs tonoone, he would if given another chance, get off the island by himself. Sayid wouldn't.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 01:32:56 PM »
Yeah, I feel like he would/will dupe us.  I hope I'm wrong tho

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 01:42:52 PM »

hey he was willing to get on that sub with Juliet not looking back at all.

Offline General Zod

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 01:56:07 PM »

According to Jack he was going to go on the sub and come back for them....that's what he told Kate.  So he could save them....right?

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 01:57:42 PM »
He's smart but he's a hothead...that doesn't make him a 'great' leader, just the loudest one.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 02:04:17 PM »
He's smart but he's a hothead...that doesn't make him a 'great' leader, just the loudest one.

Got that right give me Sayid any day

Offline Point Place WI

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 02:29:51 PM »

According to Jack he was going to go on the sub and come back for them....that's what he told Kate.  So he could save them....right?

Agree 100% with you...not the hot head points.

Never trust an Iraqi (jk'n)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 02:34:15 PM »

Agree 100% with you...not the hot head points.

Never trust an Iraqi (jk'n)

When the miltary trained and about to go into battle and  plans changed as (why would ben ever trust Juliet), Sayid  says just booby trap the tents, I go with him thinking both ways  battle and getting off the island. Only in preview do we see Jack saying to ben he is getting his people off the island, up until then he is only thinking of a battle like it's his only option.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 02:36:17 PM by Geronimo Jackson »

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 02:39:55 PM »

Nope, he told Kate he would come back for them after he got off the island...and the way the writers had him tell her, it was 1,000% sincere. ("I told you not to come back for me....but I will come back for you.").

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 02:42:51 PM »

Nope, he told Kate he would come back for them after he got off the island...and the way the writers had him tell her, it was 1,000% sincere. ("I told you not to come back for me....but I will come back for you.").

Welll  will we ever know maybe in three years? but youmade an excellent point.  Or could he mean just Kate?

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 02:46:05 PM »

Welll  will we ever know maybe in three years? but youmade an excellent point.  Or could he mean just Kate?

LoL True...Kate would definitely be worth coming back for..heh :)

Offline misseko815

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 02:49:56 PM »
But he was really quick to say "no" to Sayid trying to figure out the sat phone thing last night. Seemed odd. He said something along the lines of "You called me your leader and have asked me to make decisions for the last 90 days. Well, I just made one. No." Seemed like he was really trying to dissuade Sayid from working on that... and then Juliet tried to further dissuade moments later when she told them the Looking Glass was flooded... It all seems fishy to me.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 02:56:08 PM »
But he was really quick to say "no" to Sayid trying to figure out the sat phone thing last night. Seemed odd. He said something along the lines of "You called me your leader and have asked me to make decisions for the last 90 days. Well, I just made one. No." Seemed like he was really trying to dissuade Sayid from working on that... and then Juliet tried to further dissuade moments later when she told them the Looking Glass was flooded... It all seems fishy to me.

Exactly when he said that I said outluud to TV well you have been gone for about ten days of these 90 and they did just fine without you. Who put youback in charge.

Sayid seemd very suscpious(sp?) of Jack too.