Author Topic: "Greatest Hits ?"  (Read 2882 times)

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: "Greatest Hits ?"
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 11:48:19 AM »
I find it easier to believe that time on the island moves slower than the outside world, than a Drive Shaft Greatest Hits would be made so fast and everyone talked about it.  ;)
Maybe Naomi was just lying about it.

Offline mexicotime

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 12:19:14 PM »
If I recall correctly, Charlie wanted Liam to work on another album before Charlie took flight 815. Some of the greatest hits album may have been started already and therefore it would not take long at all to get this album out. If Drive Shaft was going to capitalize on Charlie's death they would have to do it right away and not wait a few months, so it makes sense that they would already have this album out.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 12:22:06 PM »
This really isn't an issure. THey could have that out in  a week. THey just putting existing songs onto a new CD. They would be jumping on the publicity wagon fast, taking advantage of the news. Very realistic outcome of the death of a fading rock star.

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 12:33:19 PM »
This really isn't an issure. THey could have that out in  a week. THey just putting existing songs onto a new CD. They would be jumping on the publicity wagon fast, taking advantage of the news. Very realistic outcome of the death of a fading rock star.

This is absolutely true.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 01:49:38 PM »

And has it looks good forshadowing  too. Charlie seemd to really like the idea the band was remembered with a greatest hits album-= but cna you believe Naomi?

Offline kkehoe5

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 09:26:12 PM »
The Anna Nicole movie is already done and will be shown very shortly. That is a movie that was written, casted, produced and edited in a few months.

Putting 10 songs already made onto a CD would take 1 week to do and a month or less to manufacture 500,000 copies. Very reasonabel statment to make. Weather or not it's a lie, I don't know for sure.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2007, 12:15:03 PM »
First, I just watched the ep yesterday and haven't had much of a chance to read the posts here, so sorry if this has already been discussed.

Anyway, Naomi arrived on the Island, I figure, around 85-90 days after the crash (I base this on the fact she arrived a few days before this episode, and in this ep Jack says they've been there for 90 days).  That's less than three months. 

Based on what she told Charlie (and assuming she is being truthful), after they found out Charlie was dead, a Drive Shaft Greatest Hits CD was released.  Maybe I am jaded by the recording industry, but I don't think they've ever conceived a CD and released it within 90 days - far from it.  And Naomi doesn't really talk about this as if it were a recent event.  Plus, since you'd be pretty much out of touch while on board ship, and it must have taken at least a few days to sail to the vicinity of the island, that means the CD would have had to been released that much sooner after the crash.  Also, her earlier conversation with Hurley does not make it seem like the crash of 815 was a recent event to her. 

In any case, I just get the feeling that a  lot more than 90 days must have passed in Naomi's world since the crash of 815. 

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2007, 12:32:02 PM »
First, I just watched the ep yesterday and haven't had much of a chance to read the posts here, so sorry if this has already been discussed.

Anyway, Naomi arrived on the Island, I figure, around 85-90 days after the crash (I base this on the fact she arrived a few days before this episode, and in this ep Jack says they've been there for 90 days).  That's less than three months. 

Based on what she told Charlie (and assuming she is being truthful), after they found out Charlie was dead, a Drive Shaft Greatest Hits CD was released.  Maybe I am jaded by the recording industry, but I don't think they've ever conceived a CD and released it within 90 days - far from it.  And Naomi doesn't really talk about this as if it were a recent event.  Plus, since you'd be pretty much out of touch while on board ship, and it must have taken at least a few days to sail to the vicinity of the island, that means the CD would have had to been released that much sooner after the crash.  Also, her earlier conversation with Hurley does not make it seem like the crash of 815 was a recent event to her. 

In any case, I just get the feeling that a  lot more than 90 days must have passed in Naomi's world since the crash of 815.  
[/i]

Me too!  Remember when Sayid and Hurley picked up that radio signal -- we were listening to Glenn Miller.

Guys, when are we?  (I stole that from someone else!)

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2007, 02:52:06 PM »
Time moving slower on the island would account for Richard Alpert's age difference with Ben.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 03:29:18 PM »
Time moving slower on the island would account for Richard Alpert's age difference with Ben.

But then why did Alex and Ben age so much in the same time frame?? That is what confuses me, You can say that Ben was not born on the island, but Alex was.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 04:42:47 PM »

But then why did Alex and Ben age so much in the same time frame?? That is what confuses me, You can say that Ben was not born on the island, but Alex was.

It's not that there's not change and growth on the island.  It just doesn't necessarily correspond to life off the island.  It's a wrinkle in time, not a rip!