Author Topic: Why move time table up 1 day?  (Read 5265 times)

Offline kkehoe5

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Why move time table up 1 day?
« on: May 17, 2007, 12:16:28 AM »
I think that Ben decided to move in on the losties a day early because he is worried that Locke will be healed and go warn them of his plan. His comment about it being what Jacob wanted was just a total lie.

And whats up with Alex handing over a "pistol" with the safety off? This is 2nd time it happened.

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Why move time table up 1 day?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 12:18:01 AM »
Ummm, I figured you had watched last week's epi....Mr Ben is a nut-job. He is saying what he wants, when he wants it...how he wants it. HE'S ATE THE EFF UP!!!

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 12:18:24 AM »
he wanted to implement his power immediately rather than give the others a day to wonder about what happened to locke.. he's distracting them w/ this instead of just sitting around.

Offline kkehoe5

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 12:19:19 AM »
good point

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 12:22:32 AM »
Not sure if it is the real reason, but Ben can certainly at least use patchy telling them about the parachute women as the reason to move it up.

In fact last week patchy was pushing hard to move up the date.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 12:24:26 AM »
did u guys notice how he DID say "jacob told me to" when we as viewers know that did not happen. so its true that jacob talking to him is false.. (maybe the entire time, but most definitely recently)

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 12:28:12 AM »
Ben may have always planned on moving up the attack by one day because he didn't have enough faith or trust in Juliet.  Just a thought. 

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 12:42:19 AM »
He moved it up beccaue he knew someone stole the tape and the losties already knew. Last episode, convo with Alpert.

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 12:55:22 AM »
Ben is also changing the game.  They are no longer just kidnapping preggers chics, they are taking all the women and killing all the men.

He would have waited to give Juliet time to mark the tents properly, but now he doesn't care about colateral damage.  If there is no reason to wait, why not go now?

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 02:04:15 AM »
Are we absolutely positively sure that Jacob didn't tell Ben to move things up?  (I mean, I don't think so either, but...)

Wasn't there a jump-cut on last week's show when Locke walked out of Jacob's cabin, and then Ben came out?  How much time could've gone by until Ben came out?  His demeanor had certainly changed a great deal -- he seemed very pensive.  Maybe Jacob really did say something to him - at least the possibility is there.

But I don't really think so.   :)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 02:08:15 AM »
Ben is also changing the game.  They are no longer just kidnapping preggers chics, they are taking all the women and killing all the men.

He would have waited to give Juliet time to mark the tents properly, but now he doesn't care about colateral damage.  If there is no reason to wait, why not go now?
he stated to take all the women, and if the men gave them problems kill them

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 02:16:32 AM »
Agreed on ben now knowing theres a woman who parachuted in and that his voice recording about taking the pregnant women soon is now in the losties hands and they are preparing for them..so why not shake up the plans and move ahead a day and try and take them off gaurd...

Is this how the planning went when they took the tallies? and when they do take the losties...where are they going to put them as they are now seemingly living as nomads???

Offline eelpie62

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 09:23:51 AM »
Re-watch Star Trek, Patterns Of Force.
Jacob is John Gill, Ben is Melakon.
Ben doesn't have to tell the truth about what Jacob says, he knew (or made an educated guess) that Locke took the tape recorder.
However, it doesn't seem that Ben has any idea that Locke recruited a mercenary, only Ram Dass was in on that conversation. Without that knowledge Ben wouldn't know that the tape was turned over to Sawyer but his assumption that the losties have been warned would be the best reason to change the plans.

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 10:26:14 AM »
Ben may have always planned on moving up the attack by one day because he didn't have enough faith or trust in Juliet.  Just a thought. 
You know, the fact he chose Juliet to infiltrate the camp has bothered me from the beginning: Juliet has just conspired to kill him, is obviously desperate to get the hell out, and has even been "marked" to remind herself/ the others of her intentions. Nevertheless, Ben finds her the most suitable "other" to send on a secret mission to identify potential kidnap-victims.
And I don't think that her "bonding" with Jack explains such an irrational decision from Ben (I don't even think they bonded that much before their time together at the beach).
Is this going to be another "because Ben is nuts" explanation?

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 11:33:17 AM »
Two reasons he moved it up:

1. To get the satellite phone that Mikhail told him about and prevent anyone from communicating with people off-island.

2. He knows that John took his tape that he had recorded for Juliet and suspects he passed it along to our Losties.