Author Topic: Is He My Father?  (Read 15136 times)

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Is He My Father?
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2007, 02:45:59 AM »
SHORTEN YOUR POSTS>>>>I GET HEADACHES TRYING TO READ YOUR THEORIES/IDEAS!!
A good post should like a ladies skirt -
brief enough to capture the attention and long enough to cover the essential bits.

Words from a wise wise man...lol

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2007, 10:21:54 AM »
I wonder why if it WAS chemicals that caused the women to miscarriage, then why is the men's sperm count 5 times higher?

Ah, even more of a scourge....

Get the superhigh sperm counts, women get pregnant, but they die.  All the men are left bereft and horny.

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2007, 09:20:26 AM »
Perhaps Alex recently found out that Ben's not her real father, that's why Ben says to Locke "You should know my daughter currently hates me" during the Episode when Locke blows up the sub. Or maybe Alex is just mad at Ben for what he did to Karl.

It would be interesting to see what Karl's history is.....for whatever reason it seems like Ben can abuse the crap out of Karl and none of the Others object. I would guess that Karl didn't get recruited, he's probably somebody that crashed on the Island somehow.

I'm not so sure about the "Nobody can give birth on the Island" thing that Ben's working on. As far as we know only the Others are having this problem. Claire was able to give birth. Maybe the Others are the only people affected by this, maybe Dharma was not affected by this.

As for the Gasing of any possible Dharma children when Ben turned traitor......I would say the Others probably would have gassed any Dharma children present in the Barracks. They wouldn't have attempt to kidnap any children there beforehand, as that may screw up their plan. Of course since it's a TV show it's probably best to assume there's no presence of Dharma children. But realistically speaking, if the Others were willing to Gas the whole Dharma barracks and kill everybody there including young adults (Some of those people in the background looked pretty young), I wouldn't doubt the Others would kill children. I'm guessing Ben started the children/women abduction after he joined up with the Others (After the Gassing).

I think in the end Alex will be put in a position where she will be expected to kill Ben, but unlike Ben killing his own father, Alex will not kill Ben.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2007, 12:27:13 PM »
In that story she would be like Locke and have someone else do it for her.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2007, 12:29:35 PM »
Like Richard?  I would love to see him kill Ben...

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2007, 12:47:19 PM »
SHORTEN YOUR POSTS>>>>I GET HEADACHES TRYING TO READ YOUR THEORIES/IDEAS!!
i just skip them.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2007, 01:22:22 PM »
There will be another group of "others".....other others.....who did not partake in the gassing.  There may, in fact, be a significant number of natives. 

Is that where the others are heading?  Will we finally get some glimpse of the forest when we've been stuck on a tree.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2007, 03:52:43 PM »
You know, I understood from the recap show that the "others" are actually the natives.  They said the "others" were fighting with Dharma.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2007, 04:07:41 PM »
the others we have seen are part of the "natives" and "hostiles," but are they the totality.  will we get introduced to a whole new cast of native characters next season.....i would bet on it, they will need some new characters to develop if they are to use the same flashback formula next year (or they must find a way to bring back the dead....Christian lives!).  in any event, there has to be a major reshuffling of the characters in focus and a major realignment/definition of the roles of the two (one is white and one is black) teams.

i still hope that alex whacks her father, but if that doesn't happen.....then she needs to be on the opposite side of his team.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2007, 10:55:30 PM »
I'm not so sure about the "Nobody can give birth on the Island" thing that Ben's working on. As far as we know only the Others are having this problem. Claire was able to give birth. Maybe the Others are the only people affected by this, maybe Dharma was not affected by this.

Didn't we learn from Juliet's talk with Sun that the only ones who have problems are ones who conceived on the island?  If you're pregnant when you get there, like Claire and presumably Rousseau, then there's no problem. 

I have a hard time imagining Ben as Alex's biological father.  Kidnapped and "adopted" maybe.  I don't know what to think about Karl.  Someone speculated he was Ben and Annie's child and that Annie died in childbirth and that's why Ben has this fixation on the baby thing.  That would also explain his objection to his two kids having a love affair... LOL...

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2007, 12:29:52 AM »
Ben is gay and Tom was his biattch.  Alex has two daddies...

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2007, 12:54:23 AM »
2 men and a baby  :D

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2007, 12:58:47 AM »
two and a half.