Author Topic: Is He My Father?  (Read 12064 times)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Is He My Father?
« on: May 17, 2007, 12:14:07 AM »
Finally, some good introspection.  Dissent is building amongst the others.  Ben's day of reckoning is near.

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Is He My Father?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 12:15:29 AM »
I can see the season finale as Ben thinks he has everything under control and BAM, Locke walks out of nowhere, then we fade to black.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 12:16:14 AM »
who else thought that when alex started running she was going to save locke.. i got pwned.

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 12:22:21 AM »
who else thought that when alex started running she was going to save locke.. i got pwned.

Nah I thought she was running to my bedroom.

Unfortunately that was the night before.

Offline HickoryDickoryLocke

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 12:33:19 AM »
Hmmmmm.  Was I the only one that thought that she was asking Karl in a way that would seem that Karl knows that he isn't her father.  Perhaps Karl is "special" and he won't give her the details that she wants?   ???

Offline anavrin

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 12:35:40 AM »
Seemed to me that Richard was taken aback when Ben returned without Locke and that "somebody" isn't going to be happy.  My theory is that the quote from the preview (Ben blubbering about doing everything for the island...) is Ben trying to explain his way out of his selfish actions.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 02:26:20 AM »
Carl didn't seem shocked when Alex made this statement.  Surely, Ben had some cover story applied for why Alex didn't have a mommy (see the chicken posts).  But, didn't everyone know that Ben was lying?  It would seem so guaged by Ryan's response to Sayid telling Alex that she had her mother's eyes.

Alex now suspects that her mother may still be alive.  She is well aware that her "father" is a liar (that's what he does, he makes you think it's your idea), but now she is willing to swear off any connection to the man.  Does she recognize that he is a monster?  Yes.  Is she breaking ranks?  Yes.  Will she re-unite with Rousseau?  Yes.  Will Ben try and kill her?  Yes, provided he gets the chance.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 02:41:50 AM »
Hmmmmm.  Was I the only one that thought that she was asking Karl in a way that would seem that Karl knows that he isn't her father.  Perhaps Karl is "special" and he won't give her the details that she wants?   ???
I think she said it in a way that she knows Ben isnt her father.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 04:49:03 AM »
Hmmmmm.  Was I the only one that thought that she was asking Karl in a way that would seem that Karl knows that he isn't her father.  Perhaps Karl is "special" and he won't give her the details that she wants?   ???
I think she said it in a way that she knows Ben isnt her father.
Exactly!  She knows, Karl knows and everyone else knows

Offline surfmadpig

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 10:38:35 AM »

I was certain she was going for Locke too   :(

Offline ILoveLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 10:42:24 AM »
I think Alex knows that the others steal women and their children so she probably at some point put it together that she isn't really Ben's daughter.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 01:49:45 PM »
maybe kate told her about danielle?

Offline jenine

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 01:53:36 PM »
Hmmmmm.  Was I the only one that thought that she was asking Karl in a way that would seem that Karl knows that he isn't her father.  Perhaps Karl is "special" and he won't give her the details that she wants?   ???
I think she has her suspicions, realistic ones.  They are dating, she surely would've confided this to him.

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 02:08:05 PM »
What about Karl being a "native/hostile"?  Is that an option or a possibility?  I think so, we don't know that much of him.  I really think it could be and that is why he and Alex are not allowed to be together.  hmmmm

Offline jenine

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 03:45:26 PM »
What about Karl being a "native/hostile"?  Is that an option or a possibility?  I think so, we don't know that much of him.  I really think it could be and that is why he and Alex are not allowed to be together.  hmmmm
Why would that preclude them from being together?  I am more partial to the theory that Ben is afraid she will get pregnant and subsequently die.