Author Topic: Is Charlies Legacy in Jeopardy?  (Read 3242 times)

Offline Point Place WI

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Is Charlies Legacy in Jeopardy?
« on: May 17, 2007, 12:08:04 AM »
Will Charlie die?  He left his Drive Shaft ring from Liam in Aaron's crib.  He is supposed to die.  I for one believe Desmond will save him.  The reason I say this is a flash before Desmonds eye:  When Charlie was singing "OASIS" on the street "WonderWall"  it is an amazing song with lyrics that go.  "Today is gonna be the day you save me....by now you should have figured out that this is the way your gonna save me"  or close enough I drank too many beers and missed the first 10 minutes.  I'm so going to hell so bring your sun block.

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
Re: Is Charlies Legacy in Jeopardy?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 12:09:58 AM »
I seen the ring in Aaron's crib...thing is, Claire might have to go back and get a blankie or something and find the ring then.

Quite honestly, Charlie is a dead man walking/swimming if you ask me.

Offline kkehoe5

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 12:22:23 AM »
I just think that Charlie put it there for Claire to find later. It's easier then saying "I am going to an underwater hatch where I flip a switch to save you and Aaron then I drown, Please take this ring and remember me."

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 01:44:25 AM »
I trust Desmond's flashes about as much as I trust spoilers. Desmond doesn't see what will happen, but what could happen. Maybe Desmond had it right, he is supposed to die for Charlie.

At least we see something about Charlie that wasn't all about Drive Shaft or his drug use.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 01:55:54 AM »
Unless it falls into the whole Abraham thing. Desmond always see's Charlie die and saves him. But he should have had faith and let it happened, and now Charlie is spared.

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 01:57:49 AM »
Desmond also doesn't see events in total, but flashes of events in the future that are some time apart. When he had the vision of Naomi, he didn't see the entire timeline up until they found her, but only flashes of different points on the timeline. So, we assumed Charlie dove down and pushed the button and drowned as soon as he jumped off the boat. But, there could be some stuff that happens between him diving down and being captured, and then later swimming around and pushing the button and drowning. That is to say, Desmond's flashes could still be correct.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 02:01:46 AM »
Yup I can see that. Charlie getting a chance to hit the switch in the next episode...super sweet....die hobbit die!

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 02:20:17 AM »
What Charlie legacy?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 02:40:19 AM »
More like the Charlies family legacy...the passing down of the ring. Or did you not watch this episode too.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 03:26:35 AM »
Maybe, just maybe, your gonna be the one that saves me.

that is what the song says

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 09:21:46 AM »
When his brother gave him the ring it sounded like the name Dexter Stratton was mentioned.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 10:01:04 AM »
When his brother gave him the ring it sounded like the name Dexter Stratton was mentioned.
Yes.  The band was "named after" Dexter Stratten.  Or at least they used the same initials.  I googled Dexter Stratten and came up with nada. 

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 11:47:29 AM »
Desmond also doesn't see events in total, but flashes of events in the future that are some time apart. When he had the vision of Naomi, he didn't see the entire timeline up until they found her, but only flashes of different points on the timeline. So, we assumed Charlie dove down and pushed the button and drowned as soon as he jumped off the boat. But, there could be some stuff that happens between him diving down and being captured, and then later swimming around and pushing the button and drowning. That is to say, Desmond's flashes could still be correct.
this is what i've been thinking.  who's to say that charlie "flipping the switch" isn't the LAST episode.  [/color]

Offline ChrisFish

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 11:52:32 AM »
Random thought - the ring was really played up.  The whole soddy mess brother passing it on to the clean (okay sort of clean as he chugs some booze...) brother - the family legacy, the initials of the band and then he takes the ring off and leaves it for Liam.  What if the ring is not really a good family legacy?  Like anyone who wears it is doomed to death? 

Okay totally lame but it is just a thought.  I am sure it is not the case as I think they were just making the connection that Charlie loves Claire and Aaron and would do anything to be the hero again so he is going to die for them as a good "family" man ought to. 

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 11:56:01 AM »
The brother did clean up his act after he gave up the ring. Not sure how long later it was.