Author Topic: Why was Desmond's Flash wrong, or did he just tell Charlie a lie?  (Read 14759 times)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Why was Desmond's Flash wrong, or did he just tell Charlie a lie?
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2007, 10:48:56 AM »
Another question: Has Desmond ever had a flash of events where he wasn't present? He's still up in the boat, so won't he have to dive down after Charlie for the flash to make sense?
great point!  haven't all desmond's flashes had him present?  if he's passed out in the boat, how can he see charlie flip the switch?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2007, 01:19:36 PM »
Another question: Has Desmond ever had a flash of events where he wasn't present? He's still up in the boat, so won't he have to dive down after Charlie for the flash to make sense?
great point!  haven't all desmond's flashes had him present?  if he's passed out in the boat, how can he see charlie flip the switch?
It seemed as if he wouldn't have otherwise been there for Charlie's attempt to rescue Claire.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2007, 03:23:39 PM »
Spoiler
I don't think this is such a great observation since the fact that Desmond swims down to the station has and confronts Charlie's captors has already been reviled in the previews.

Please be more senstive, I stay away from spoilers and you just ruined this scene for me. Not cool.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2007, 03:24:58 PM »
Spoiler
I don't think this is such a great observation since the fact that Desmond swims down to the station has and confronts Charlie's captors has already been reviled in the previews.

Please be more senstive, I stay away from spoilers and you just ruined this scene for me. Not cool. I deleted your spoiler and put a tag in here.

Offline Perseus

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2007, 04:27:54 PM »
Why would you consider a discussion of the preview a spoiler? If the network airs them then they should be fare game. If they didn't want us to see these images they should not show them.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2007, 04:30:23 PM »
All I know is I did not see it in the preview I saw on TV. I appears to be a very big event and spoilerish.

Offline TXFlyboy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2007, 05:22:08 PM »
Spoiler

You mean this Juggy?

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2007, 06:01:12 PM »
Maybe in his sleep he rolls over and "falls out of bed", LOL

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2007, 11:14:37 PM »
Why would you consider a discussion of the preview a spoiler? If the network airs them then they should be fare game. If they didn't want us to see these images they should not show them.

Watched the show again, and it is right there. I WAS WRONG! Sorry, I thought you saw a longer preview on you tube or something. You did nothing wrong and I was a jerk! Sorry

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2007, 11:38:38 PM »
AWWWW!!!  Come here Juggy  :-*

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2007, 11:44:39 PM »
AWWWW!!!  Come here Juggy  :-*

Thanks, I needed that.

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2007, 12:03:11 AM »
It seemed as if he wouldn't have otherwise been there for Charlie's attempt to rescue Claire.

Unless he was present at both... was there with Charlie, but managed to escape and survive, and there with Claire later on.

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2007, 10:39:43 AM »

Unless he was present at both... was there with Charlie, but managed to escape and survive, and there with Claire later on.

I am going to rewatch to make sure I actually seen this...but in the preview for this next episode...doesn't it show Des standing in the underwater hatch?? Maybe he woke up, thought he could help, swam down...then found Charlie tied up and is going to help him escape to save the losties?? Just an opinion...

Offline TXFlyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2007, 12:25:53 PM »

I am going to rewatch to make sure I actually seen this...but in the preview for this next episode...doesn't it show Des standing in the underwater hatch?? Maybe he woke up, thought he could help, swam down...then found Charlie tied up and is going to help him escape to save the losties?? Just an opinion...

Spoiler
Yes

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2007, 07:29:41 PM »
WINK WINK, just in case no one saw it, if you watch the preview at the end of the episode in REALLY REALLY REALLY SLOW MOTION YOU SEE SOMETHING REALLY REALLY SAD