Author Topic: Why was Desmond's Flash wrong, or did he just tell Charlie a lie?  (Read 14610 times)

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Why was Desmond's Flash wrong, or did he just tell Charlie a lie?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 12:33:56 AM »
Juliet could of lied about the hatch being flooded. Is she trustworthy yet?

Just because it was flooded doesn't mean that it stopped working, which could be a reason somehow why they don't need the power cord and why the dang idiots didn't just cut the bloody wire!

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 12:34:27 AM »
yeah for real juggy.. flooded my ass.. that **** looked perfectly built to be underwater.

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 12:51:16 AM »

Ben lied to Juliet just like he lies to everyone else.  Jacob never told Ben to do anything.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 01:00:32 AM »

Ben lied to Juliet just like he lies to everyone else.  Jacob never told Ben to do anything.

That is true, Juliet just repeated what she was told, they might of lied to her.

Plus desmond had the vision, so they were suppose to go.

Offline a_dot_out

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 02:28:18 AM »
I'll put my money on Charlie heroically meeting his death near the end of the first hour next week. Charlie must meet his fate/destiny and very soon.

Offline lost_soul12

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 03:47:17 AM »
I dont think charlie will die desmon keeps getting those flashes because he's ment to keep charlie alive remember - "Save the junkie , Save the world

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 04:31:21 AM »
I'll put my money on Charlie heroically meeting his death near the end of the first hour next week. Charlie must meet his fate/destiny and very soon.
Yes, the time has come.  Desmond is spot on and way more useful to Lost plot than Charlie is.  YEAH!  I SAID IT!

Yes, Juliet is Team Losties now.

musepsycho

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2007, 07:30:55 AM »
Another question: Has Desmond ever had a flash of events where he wasn't present? He's still up in the boat, so won't he have to dive down after Charlie for the flash to make sense?

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2007, 08:04:56 AM »
I think Charlie will live.  Either way, his fate is supposed to be decided by the end of this season, so it has to be wrapped up in the finale.  But if he dies, oh well.  I'm just glad they broke the format of showing a worthless flashback and killing the character off at the end of the episode.

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2007, 09:25:50 AM »
I don't think Desmond is always in the flash to begin with...he had that flash about Charlie drowning trying to save Clair, but he wasn't in the situation till he put himself in the situation, saving Clair himself.

Offline red255

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2007, 09:58:10 AM »
Sent charlie first to get captured and later will go in himself to save Charlie and flip the switch.
I agree. I think he knew all along that Charlie needed to go in first to distract the people in the hatch, that would be Charlie sacrificing himself to get the job done. Preview for next week shows them beating Charlie up, maybe he falls in the water at some point and that is what Des saw and took it as Charlie drowning.
I think all along it has been Des's Destiny to keep Charlie alive to get to this point.  Maybe this is a part of how Des is suppose to change, he was a very hard person when they first meet him and now he is more compassionate. The whole thing with Charlie and the flashes has made him, at least seem, more compassionate.
If you know the words to the Wonderwall song part of it says "cause your the one that saves me" (or something like that) maybe we were suppose to pay more attention to that.
Just some thoughts!

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 10:01:23 AM »
I thought Des said he was in a room (paraphrasing) with some women, he flips a switch and then drowns.  That is still possible.

Offline ILoveLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2007, 10:01:33 AM »
Actually I think Desmond said to Charlie something like I see you in a hatc surrounded by women, there is a yellow blinking light and you flip a switch and drown. Not an exact quote but I remember thinking "Surrounded by women?"

Offline red255

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 10:16:27 AM »
So the switch could not only turn off the signal jammer but also flood the hatch, kind of like the code that Locke put in to the computer at the arrow (I think) station and blew it up. Was this DHARMAS way of making sure the Natives could not get off the Island or communicate with the rest of the world?

Offline surfmadpig

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2007, 10:37:36 AM »
Desmond's flash did not necesarily NOT come true, because it can happen in the next episode. But, the fact that we weren't shown it deliberately makes us suspicious. Also, the fact that they chose to show Charlie being there in the rain with his guitar and Desmond not being there should make us suspicious.

no way to tell yet.