Author Topic: The woman in The Looking Glass  (Read 12489 times)

Offline misseko815

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: The woman in The Looking Glass
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2007, 03:45:50 PM »
The blonde woman looks like the painting Ben has. Aye?

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2007, 05:24:45 PM »
I did think this. Also, I want a picture of the woman in the car when Ben's dad comes rushing out of the woods onto the highway when Ben's mom is dying. I think the blond in the Looking Glass may be her. I think these women might be Darmah and escaped the purge... I think Mikal was kept alive to send signals to those monitoring the initiative that everything was OK, hence food drops still happening, etc... now it seems like the true others are suffering for food, etc... hence Alex cooking rabbit.
Sorry this post is kind of scattered around a bit topic wise.

Offline misseko815

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2007, 12:39:07 AM »

Alex cooking rabbit...
[/quote]

This could be due to the fact that they are mobile now, whereas before they were in what used to be the DI barracks.

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2007, 09:10:16 PM »
I did think this. Also, I want a picture of the woman in the car when Ben's dad comes rushing out of the woods onto the highway when Ben's mom is dying. I think the blond in the Looking Glass may be her. I think these women might be Darmah and escaped the purge... I think Mikal was kept alive to send signals to those monitoring the initiative that everything was OK, hence food drops still happening, etc... now it seems like the true others are suffering for food, etc... hence Alex cooking rabbit.
Sorry this post is kind of scattered around a bit topic wise.

IMDb show's the women and their names. it's no one that has been on the show before.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2007, 01:58:17 AM »

This is from last episode.  When Ben walks into his house to see his dad passed out.  I don't see how this portrait could be the woman in the Looking Glass because the age is the same in both the portrait and then 30 years later...?  Nah.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2007, 01:10:33 AM »
That portrait is of the lady with the hamster from Ben's apartment.

Only, that was not a hamster....it was a baby rabbit sitting on the lap of his mother.

Has that been the consensus?  The portrait is of his dead mother?

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2007, 12:11:37 PM »
Convinced that the blonde chick in the hatch is NOT the chick in the picture! The blonde is the gal who threw the bomb onto the raft at the end of season one. She was with them when they took Walt and shot Sawyer. IMHO

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2007, 04:59:23 PM »
That portrait is of the lady with the hamster from Ben's apartment.

Only, that was not a hamster....it was a baby rabbit sitting on the lap of his mother.

Has that been the consensus?  The portrait is of his dead mother?

Note the change of location of the portrait.  When we first see it it is above the couch in a central theme surrounded by other photos.  When we see it it Ben's flashback it is off to the side.  Anywhooo.  Does that emphasize that the portrait is his mother?  She became more central in his life after his father died?  If it was a rabbit maybe that is why Ben is so derned obsessed.  The only thing that throws me off of the portrait=Ben's mom wagon is the scenery.  Very.... jungle like... as if it was painted on the island.  Though why Ben's dad would have a portrait of another woman....?

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2007, 05:40:24 PM »
Someone painted her from a picture while Ben and his father were on the island.  Ben's new pet was painted upon her lap as a means of comforting poor Bennie through all of his trials and manipulations.  Trials and manipulations....I like that one.  Got to copyright it...hold on...