Author Topic: Where Was Desmond In The Flashback?  (Read 5351 times)

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Where Was Desmond In The Flashback?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 05:08:55 AM »
He was nowhere near Convent Gardens... Help me out UK!!  I was there recently.  And the Undergroung is close by at Charing Cross if I remember.

musepsycho

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 08:11:53 AM »
I have a hard time making up my mind about scene. Firstly, Charlie's shirt is not the same as i FBYE & also we don't see the Covent Garden signs in that episode. However, we do see that he's standing next to the news stand (could be a different though). But the similarities between the two scenes are too obvious to be ignored. Also, I just saw filefiend's request for a screencap of the moment when Charlie puts his guitar into the case & there is a sticker on his guitar saying "I was here moments ago"...

What do we make of this? Is it the "same" moment in a different time lines? What can the significance of this be? ...Anyone?

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 09:30:40 AM »
***  disregard this post,  terribly confused, Saw Nadia, thought Naomi (parachutist) ***

I agree it may be Nadia.

It could have been a different day. I also wondered if it was part of the Desmond Flashback.

By the way, was that Nadia that he saved?
have to agree on it being nadia..the accent alone gave it away

Ozman are you agreeing it is Nadia?

I do not think it was, different person entirely accent sounded like polish or russian,  not british.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 09:52:11 AM by SQUIRT199 »

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 09:42:01 AM »
It could have been a different day. I also wondered if it was part of the Desmond Flashback.

By the way, was that Nadia that he saved?
have to agree on it being nadia..the accent alone gave it away

Ozman are you agreeing it is Nadia?

I do not think it was, different person entirely accent sounded like polish or russian,  not british.
http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=287

Offline rjm.barnes@hotmail.co.uk

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 10:01:21 AM »
If I remember correctly other differences are that in FBYE he doesn't put the guitar in case (he puts the signs in the case) and the crowd is different. I don't believe they are the 2 same places in London - will have to have a closer look /check FBYE

Offline Alex Gold

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 11:06:09 AM »
The reason it doesn't say convent garden is because the station/place is Covent Garden.....also it is under-G-round, just in an odd font (Like Maiandra GD if you want an example in Word)

Also, there are hundreds of underground stations, in case anyone thought it is the same place....the one in the pic of desmond LOOKS like oxford street/tottenham court road, but I may be wrong on that one.

Offline ILoveLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 11:14:19 AM »
Different day in my opinion...Charlie was wearing rings in this episode and no rings in Flashes Before Your Eyes

Offline xrayeck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2007, 11:39:45 AM »
Certainly, all the things you folks are pointing out to support these are different days are good observations (and they may very well be different days) but I think they miss the point about the implications of time travel. Even seemingly minor and meaningless changes (throwing the engagement ring in the Thames or warning the bartender about the attack) could resonate throughout history. Perhaps, instead of going to the hospital after being attacked, the bartender instead goes home and is involved in a car accident killing the other driver who is a real estate developer who no longer is around to build a project on the block in London where Charlie is playing so now there are different buildings there, etc., etc. There aren't just small changes or large changes, eventually EVERYTHING CHANGES. Hmmm, where have I heard that phrase before?  ;)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2007, 12:39:14 PM »
Everything's Arbitrary.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2007, 02:31:44 PM »
Charlie was playing the Oasis music, the rain started, but no Desmond?

This confirms that Desmond experienced an alternate reality rather than travelling back in time.
Uh...no, it doesn't.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 04:02:48 PM »
Covent garden http://static.flickr.com/44/139213228_6760765f20_b.jpg
Oxford circus http://fosta.typepad.com/sleepinginmyhead/images/oxfordst.jpg
Charing Cross is a Train station and underground stop.  I just remember crossing the stree Covent Garden.  Ate at this yummy place :D

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2007, 05:31:32 PM »
Charlie was playing the Oasis music, the rain started, but no Desmond?

This confirms that Desmond experienced an alternate reality rather than travelling back in time.
Uh...no, it doesn't.
you read my mind T.

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2007, 12:30:06 AM »
I am believing it's a different day in time..not a different time in a day.

Offline TXFlyboy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2007, 12:31:35 AM »
The whole thing was different.  Different location, different clothes, different day, different time.