Author Topic: Everyone hates Mikhail...  (Read 4878 times)

Offline Ailiu

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone hates Mikhail...
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 10:34:36 PM »
I thought it was because he was one of the last Dharma people left after the purge (perhaps he was in a hatch during the attack), and they just put up with him being around. 

But that wouldn't make sense since some of the Others were not even there for the purge.  ??? 

Prob. just everyone was shocked about what Locke said.... or something.

Offline misseko815

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 10:43:45 PM »
Um.  Is Radzinski Mikhail?  I mean, just for the fact that he was wearing the Dharma jumpsuit, and his eye wound up in the same box as the missing piece of Orientation Video.  Oh, and the fact that he can appear dead and then recover. 

I think the idea of Radzinski being Mikhail might be right on!

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2007, 12:33:37 PM »
personally i think everyone does hate mikhail.  he's the wierdo of the group.  he's the one on exile island keeping to himself doing his own think.  notice how when ben sees him he says, "i thought you died?"  no "i'm so glad you're alive," no "i'm happy to see you" just, "i thought you were dead."  how great is that?  i think when locke started beating him up they were all laughing inside thinking, "we really don't care if he beats the crap out of patchy, but this could be fun to watch."  he's the outsider.  locke is an outsider.  let the battle it out old school style.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2007, 01:30:16 PM »
Not me I think he's cool....particularly his Ultimate Fighting skills!

What!  Hasn't he always gotten his butt kicked?
Yes, but still to be an old Russian dude wearing a jumpsuit and boots he can hold his own! :D

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2007, 01:43:36 PM »
I just assumed that part of the reason Locke beat the snot outta Mikhail was because he was trying to get Ben to do something about the parachutist, and Locke wanted to go see Jacob ASAP. He was not only mad at Mikhail for the stuff he was saying, but he also just wanted to reprioritize things for Ben.
Yeah, I agree with this too.  He beats the crap out of Mikhail, Mikhail can't go anywhere and Ben takes Locke to Jacob first.  Tom, Richard, Alex don't intervene because they want Ben to take Locke to Jacob.

Offline jec9000

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2007, 02:46:09 PM »
I think Mikhail is a "necessary evil" to the Others' group-he is the one with the tech know how to run the "coms" etc.  They don't like him but he fills a need. He does have a superior attitude and I'm sure that may be a part of why Tom and Richard and the rest just stood there or drank coffee instead of helping him.  AND they were secretly glad that Locke was taking care of business so Ben couldn't avoid taking him to see JACOB.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2007, 08:26:36 PM »
Mikail stated that he was brought to the island by a great man, a magnificent man, and Ben is not he.

Further, Mikail stated truthfully (podcast) that he was part of the Dharma initiative.

Ben states that only he has spoken to Jacob.  No one else.

If Mikail was part of Dharma, and survived the purge, then he would have already been on the island prior to Ben's assention.

Ergo, how did Jacob bring Mikail to the island or is there another great man who is being referenced?

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2007, 08:30:21 PM »
I thought the podcast said that we were supposed to believe everything Mikhail said except him being Dharma?

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2007, 08:33:47 PM »
I thought the podcast said that we were supposed to believe everything Mikhail said except him being Dharma?

They said he wasn't Dharma and everythign he said was true except the purge being caused by the others,yet it was with Ben's help.

Offline Balta

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2007, 09:58:52 PM »
did anyone ever find out if the eyeball we found in season 2 was his?

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2007, 11:19:20 PM »
I don't think anyone ever said "Hey, I bet that glass eyeball belongs to that one eyed guy," but we can assume.  ?

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2007, 11:42:53 PM »
Mikhail Baukunin...the father of terroristic anarchy - yet another philospher namesake (this one a Russian - and more contemporary).

Mikhail admits that he was not DHARMA and that he moved to the Flame after the purge.

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 04:33:41 AM »
I don't think the others hates Mikhail. Ms Clues (what's her name, the "black woman other" that Mikhail was forced to shoot).....she was hanging out with Mikhail at the Flame. Ben didn't think it was necessary for Locke to beat Mikhail senseless. Mikhail seemed emotionally concerned when Sayid told him that they killed an Other during the sailboat boarding (This emotional concern gives Mikhail's guise of being Dharma away).

It'll be interesting to see if Mikhail changes clothes now or not. He seems to like wearing the Dharma uniform. I think he looks cooler in the Dharma uniform. Maybe he wears it because he's ex-military and he feels a need to wear a uniform of some sort.....even if he's not Dharma.

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 03:49:12 PM »
I was curious if Locke beat the crap out of him to shut him up about the parachutist and to people's minds off of it. Although he has been selfish for his own needs, I just think he saw the opportunity to help out... like giving the tape recorder over to Sawyer.

Still all about him, but he hasn't forgotten the beach folks.

Offline TXFlyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 03:53:07 PM »
If he wanted to help out then why blow up the sub and the communications station?
He could stay on the island w/o the rest of the losties.  I think he was persuring his own agenda and was calling Ben's bluff.

I agree he hasn't forgotten the others but giving Patchy the smack down was self serving.