Author Topic: Natives co-mingle with DHARMA  (Read 4345 times)

Offline TXFlyboy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Natives co-mingle with DHARMA
« on: May 10, 2007, 03:38:48 AM »
Did anyone else find it interesting that nobody stopped Locke from giving Patchy the smack down?    When it started Ben called for Tom and Richard to stop Locke, but they just sat/stood there and watched the beating.    Perhaps this supports the theory that Tom and Richard are natives/hostiles while Ben and Patchy were DHARMA.  Patchy may have been a left over from the purge and Ben convinced them to spare Patchy since they could use his communication skills.  Could there be other DHARMA leftovers?

Offline iamlost2

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Natives co-mingle with DHARMA
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 04:26:30 AM »
You could be right about the co-mingle thing 'cos i'm so confuse right now about who or why experiments are still being conducted. So did the Dharma and/or Henso (?)  make a pack or something as well with the natives to continue with the experiments?

Is Ben sort of a liason or middle person to keep these two groupies together? The other question is how on earth did Ben become the "native" leader & starting to claim he's born on the island & the group seem to have no objections with that claim ???  Maybe the natives aren't really natives as well if they were there first before Dharma. Can't wait for the next epis or perhaps the next season...

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 07:39:21 AM »
I just posted about this in another thread.  Basically I'm thinking maybe Richard and the "others" were a part of Dharma who splintered off because they thought Dharma was wasting its time with pointless research and experiments, and they wanted to do something more.  Maybe they took part in the life extension project, and that's how they stay young.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 10:08:22 AM »
Richard and them are natives of the island. Not dharma

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 12:23:36 PM »
Richard and them are natives of the island. Not dharma

i think this remains to be seen juggy

the reason i dont think richard was born on the island, is because i think the people born there, cant leave without getting sick or terminally ill

richard has left on several occasions

my question is, WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY LIVING?!??!?!?!

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 12:59:11 PM »
I think they are leading us to believe that Richard and his group were natives of the island
But I will not close the door to the idea that they may have also been Dharma that split off.

Why is Dharma food still being dropped?

Offline psychoag98

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 01:27:25 PM »
The natives speak awfully good English for people born on an isolated island...

I think the others for the most part believe Ben because he brought them there.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 12:15:58 PM »
I think anything about the "natives" is speculation.  We don't know if they were born on the island, and if they were, they could be descended from maybe English sailors aboard the Black Rock then of course they'd speak English (maybe not with an American accent but who knows).  Calling them natives could've just been Dharma propaganda.  They could've been Dharma employees who rebelled and defected.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 04:55:53 PM »
I think anything about the "natives" is speculation.  We don't know if they were born on the island, and if they were, they could be descended from maybe English sailors aboard the Black Rock then of course they'd speak English (maybe not with an American accent but who knows).  Calling them natives could've just been Dharma propaganda.  They could've been Dharma employees who rebelled and defected.

Yes I agree
We don't know enough yet
I am going to say that I think they were probably once part of the Dharma initiative and something happend and they split up.

Or maybe they are the descendants of the 4-toed people :P

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 10:50:31 PM »

Yes I agree
We don't know enough yet
I am going to say that I think they were probably once part of the Dharma initiative and something happend and they split up.

Or maybe they are the descendants of the 4-toed people :P

and i'm going to agree with debbie.  the natives were once part of dharma, and split. 

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 10:53:16 PM »
I want t say they were there way before dharma, but why do the speek with an american accent then?

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 10:55:55 PM »
The show and its writers have given us reason to believe that Dharma was not the first beings on the island (the ruins, the 4-toed statue, Adam & Eve who apparently died before Dharma arrived). And Richard's seeming inability to age over a 30 year span hints at him not simply being a Dharma defector as well.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 10:56:39 PM »
I want t say they were there way before dharma, but why do the speek with an american accent then?

Mrs Klugh spoke with an English accent as well as spoke Russian. Perhaps they speak dozens of dialects.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 10:58:32 PM »
But klugh may have been a recruit like Juliet, we know richard was there a long time

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 10:58:48 PM »
I think there was a split of sorts too. Maybe they are the natives because Dharma wanted the "bad dharma-ites" to appear bad and HOSTILE towards the Dharma boys and girls...less information sharing. ;) Some sort of cover up...dunno how tho.