Author Topic: Who is Jacob?  (Read 18179 times)

Offline LostDoc78

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Who is Jacob?
« on: May 10, 2007, 12:56:07 AM »
Please dont bite my head off...lol

Ive been looking at screen shots of Christian Shepard from Season Two, Episode Two for the Road.  I dvr'd tonights episode and froze it on "jacob", and the similarities in their noses, hairline, browline etc are pretty amazing.  When can we get screenshots of them side by side?  Also, the voice that said "Help Me" sounded alot like Christian.  I just want to know if anyone else thinks there is a similarity in the two.  Ill worry about the how and the why later.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Jacob?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 01:12:02 AM »
from Lostpedia:

I don't think I see it.... but they are defiantly both men!

Offline dcbat4e

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 01:16:52 AM »
i AGREE..i have believed from the beginning that Jacks dad was behind the whole island mystery......in the next episodes i strongly feel this will be revealed......this show ROCKS>

Offline LostDoc78

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 01:18:52 AM »
Thank you for the screenshots!!! That was QUICK!!...Oh, and the title of the epi...the man behind the curtain, doctors work behind curtains, or used to...just thought id throw that in there. =)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 01:32:53 AM »
from Lostpedia:

I don't think I see it.... but they are defiantly both men!
Looks more like Locke than Christian

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 01:34:05 AM »
four head is different.

He actually looks like the guy that played in the movie blade.

he was blades helper.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 02:30:21 AM »
Kris Kristofferson is the Blade guy.  The hair looks similar, I don't think it's him though.  It looks like Eric Stoltz in Mask to me.  "My mom says I look like a lion."  Anyways, I'm glad I didn't imagine seeing someone sitting there.  I'm kind of disappointed with how "Jacob" looks now that I see him though.  I really don't think it's Christian.  I don't think they look anything alike.  Anyone can look similar if all you can see is an angled nose, a forehead, and a chin.  It looks like "Jacob" has a long mustache too, or it's just a trick the shadows are playing.

It's not Christian though, especially after the behavior and abilities Jacob exhibited.  If Christian is Jacob, then you'd have to assume he was always Jacob which would make his character in all of those flashbacks not make any sense at all.  And then he dies or fakes his own death to sit invisible in a shack and only communicate with Locke when somehow Ben knows he exists and apparently has communicated with him before, probably a while ago long before Christian was dead, committing malpractice, or going to AA.  Bah, I don't even know why I'm even bothering explaining.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 12:37:46 PM »
The voice was too deep. 

THE VOICE WAS THAT OF KELVIN INMAN.

Offline NEXU5

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 12:44:10 PM »
I think it looks like John Glover from Smallville:

Jacob

John Glover
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 12:58:07 PM by NEXU5 »

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 12:45:25 PM »
Okay, while I couldn't get on here yesterday I cheated on you all and found *gasp* another Lost forum because of the WITHDRAWALS!! Any how, this came from 4815162342.com.  It is an enhanced image of Jacob, and then the image right next to Locke.

I can't really verify if someone actually used Jacob's face or if they used another picture, sorry.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 12:54:07 PM »
i AGREE..i have believed from the beginning that Jacks dad was behind the whole island mystery......in the next episodes i strongly feel this will be revealed......this show ROCKS>

Christian was too much of a drunk to even stay sober before an operation, much less to be behind the whole island mystery!
I think LostDoc78 is hoping to keep his screen name relevant but, sorry to say, I think the whole "Christian is alive" theory is a "dead" issue!  Next we will be saying that "Christian Shephard" is a reference to "Jesus Christ the shepherd of men" and that yes, he has died as the producers have said, but that he is risen and has come again to judge the living and the dead, etc........

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 02:19:52 PM »
I think this guy looks like the guardian of the Holy Grail in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Offline NEXU5

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 02:33:12 PM »
I think this guy looks like the guardian of the Holy Grail in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
lol maybe...

No one have any thoughts on my John Glover theory?

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 02:37:52 PM »
i think it is an actor we haven't seen before.  to me it looks like someone dressed in colonial clothing (with the curly hair-wiglike), like maybe from the Black Rock?

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 02:45:28 PM »
i could have sworn in a recent podcast it was CLEARLY said by the powers that be, CHRISTIAN IS DEAD