Author Topic: Why Jack?  (Read 7104 times)

Offline Lost_Is_My_Favorite

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Why Jack?
« on: May 10, 2007, 12:05:49 AM »
I am a bit confused as to why Jack trusts Juliet?  According to Juliet and Jack, Juliet fessed up to him after she did the ultra sound on Sun.  Uh, so he just believes her and isn't at all ticked that she came to the camp with him in order to abduct women and who knows what else would happen to the other Losties in this raid?!?!?   Am I wrong in my thinking?  Please?! Can someone make me wrong?!?!?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Why Jack?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »
He trusts her because she told him! She is trustworthy.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 12:13:46 AM »
I think it's just a complicated relationship where they respect and trust each other.  I was disappointed that THAT was what the big secret was.

Offline Lost_Is_My_Favorite

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 12:19:54 AM »
How can he possible have a trusting, respectful relationship with this woman?  Her people have done horrible things to them, and she's lied to him and even confessed what she did with Kate.  I'm starting to think Jack might be suffering from heat stroke, or he's just desperate for a little action.  Either way, how could he put this secret over the safety of his castaways?

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 12:47:50 AM »
I think he trusts her because he wants to.  He wants someone with her insight working with them, he wants to get off of the island just like she does.  He needs to have her be on his side.  Plus, she did tell him some things.

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 01:24:47 AM »
He trusts her because he doesn't know any better. Jacka$$ is just stupid and thinks that Juliet is going to try to save them from the island, but she is trying to save "herself" from the island.

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 01:29:57 AM »
I think we are about to find out why he trusts her. THe last line we heard from the beach was "I think we've got some catching up to do."  Finally, Jack is going to spill the beans on what they've been concealing.  Juliet wanted to tell Kate last episode but Jack told her not to. Now we're going to find out what the heck happened in the time gap between when he was in a cage on the 2nd island, and when he was tossing a football in the Other Village.

Offline misseko815

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 01:30:54 AM »
Jack obviously knows more than he has told the group yet. Didn't he say that he didn't tell the group that the Others were coming, because he didn't know what he was going to do "yet"? He's got some info that hopefully he spills next week to redeem himself genuinely with the others.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 02:44:16 AM »
I don't think it's stupid for Jack to trust her.  They've been through a lot together and they've formed a bond.  The survivors know nothing about their time together, I think the rest of them are right to not trust her, but I can understand why Jack would.  They're basically alienated from their respective groups now and they've risked a lot to help each other out.  Yeah Juliet is a liar and manipulator, but I don't think she's evil and instinct and conscience tell her to work with the survivors, but whatever baggage she's carrying from her past and her relationship with Ben makes her feel obligated to continue helping him.  So Jack really isn't stupid for that.  He's just stupid when he comes up with a great "plan" and has to make a decision.  He's an empathetic character but a bad leader.  I think Sayid should officially be made leader or at least have a triumvirate of Jack, Sayid, and preferrably Locke, but since he's bleeding in a mass grave, I guess Sawyer, Sun, or Desmond would do.

Offline jessieh

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 09:31:03 AM »
I think Juliette is truly on their side, as Jack asserted.  In chat I proposed early on that Danielle was getting the dynamite for Jack.  I am pretty sure the dynamite will be place in to the marked tents as an ambush for Ben and the others.  In the preview, you saw them stacking the dynamite very carefully into a small mound.

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 12:36:19 PM »
Juliet is on Juliet's side, and Jack seems to have changed because now he's also only on his own side. I don't think he trusts her, I don't think he's stupid. I think he's finally fed up with everybody after dumb Locke blew up the sub. He just wants out. And he might be interested on getting a little action, given that it seems a lot of action has been going on and he's not part of it....;)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 01:06:23 PM »
I'm glad Locke blew up the sub.  It's like being trapped on an island only to discover a hotel resort with cruise ships docked on the other side.

Offline cookiejack

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 01:15:24 PM »
I'm getting really sick of Jack.  He is not now or ever has been a powerful leader.  The other Losties turned to him for leadership only because he is a doctor, a profession that people tend to see as authoritative.  IMO he has proven several times that he is a poor leader.  He was likable enough in the 1st and 2nd season, but now he just irritates me.  He has become secretive and petulant.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 10:43:28 PM »
I think he trusts her because he wants to.  He wants someone with her insight working with them, he wants to get off of the island just like she does.  He needs to have her be on his side.  Plus, she did tell him some things.
i agree with you dirtymaggiemae.  i think he trusts her because he wants to and because he NEEDS to.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 10:45:49 PM »
I think we are about to find out why he trusts her. THe last line we heard from the beach was "I think we've got some catching up to do."  Finally, Jack is going to spill the beans on what they've been concealing.  Juliet wanted to tell Kate last episode but Jack told her not to. Now we're going to find out what the heck happened in the time gap between when he was in a cage on the 2nd island, and when he was tossing a football in the Other Village.

Bingo.