Author Topic: Locke has become the person he hates most...  (Read 3328 times)

Offline a_dot_out

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Locke has become the person he hates most...
« on: May 04, 2007, 05:09:39 PM »
... his father. All in the name of becoming the person he always wished he could be.

Locke conned, exploited, and used James for his own personal gain in a similar fashion as Cooper/Sawyer/etc played Locke in the past.

I'm not really sure as to what the repercussions of this are, if any, but wanted to make note of the seemingly 'becoming the person you hate most' theme that seemed to occur and it's relation to Locke starting fresh and becoming what he wished he could have been.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 05:12:18 PM by a_dot_out »

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Locke has become the person he hates most...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 06:36:02 PM »
Unless he starts stealing kidneys and murdering the losties, then I wouldn't worry about it.  Locke has been doing that sort of thing since the show began.

Offline Lost_Is_My_Favorite

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 11:40:17 AM »
Locke's real loyalty has always been to the Island.  So I guess nothing he does should come as a big surprise.  I think in a twisted way, he also knows how torn up Sawyer has been about his parent's deaths and after reading his dad was involved, he would some how give Sawyer what he's wanted.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 10:33:20 PM »
I don't think that Locke has become who he hates the most. I also am not sure that he hates his father. He couldn't kill Cooper.

Offline Tekkaman

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 01:39:46 PM »
Locke could not kill his father but he a week earlier he had no problems with killing Mikhail....
Something is not right

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 02:04:50 PM »
Mikhail wasn't his father. Could you kill your father, even if he conned a kidney out of you? I don't think I could.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 03:02:13 PM »
Maybe it was an act of kindness towards Sawyer by giving him closure to a 30 yr old issue.  Sawyer can become the leader now, he no longers needs to be the conman.

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 03:07:37 PM »
I like that idea Alwayslost. Maybe John was giving Sawyer closure.

I'm still leaning towards John being a basically GOOD person who simply is not a killer and needed someone else to do it for him, but I'm just leaning mind you.... as soon as the Scotch wears off I'll be upright again  ::)

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 03:14:27 PM »
I agree that he needed someone else to do it as well.  But reading Sawyers file and seeing who Cooper was to Sawyer allowed him to offer Sawyer closure.  Yeah, that's it ;)

Offline CurtYanko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 08:34:28 AM »
Locke could not kill his father but he a week earlier he had no problems with killing Mikhail....
Something is not right

I'm not sure his intent was to kill Mikhail but call his bluff. In the end he didn't kill Mikhail so the point is moot I suppose.

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 10:13:06 AM »
I like Locke, but I think he was being selfish again here. He wanted to be w/ the Others, but he couldnt do what they asked, so he saw someone that would.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 12:15:59 PM »
Maybe it was an act of kindness towards Sawyer by giving him closure to a 30 yr old issue.  Sawyer can become the leader now, he no longers needs to be the conman.
Don't do me any acts of kindness like this please. Get me into a situation where I have to kill a man, no thanks. With friends like that.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 11:57:50 AM »
Don't do me any acts of kindness like this please. Get me into a situation where I have to kill a man, no thanks. With friends like that.
Locke isn't normal tho ::)