Poll

What do you think the big secret was that Juliet thought Kate should know but Jack didn't think she was ready to hear at this time?

The Others are coming to the beach
The Island gives males super sperm
The Island gives females death by childbirth
Juliet & I (Jack) are double agents.
Our research is intended to do nothing less than save the world as we know it.

Author Topic: What Jack wouldn't tell Kate  (Read 9425 times)

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
What Jack wouldn't tell Kate
« on: May 03, 2007, 01:17:04 PM »
2 votes per customer, as the revelation might be some combination of the above.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: What Jack wouldn't tell Kate
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 01:23:01 PM »
Of the possibilities you listed, only #1 and #4 make sense to me (many of the Losties already know that women die at childbirth on the island after witnessing Claire's health problems).

I think #4 is the most likely...Once it was pointed out that Jack and Juliet laughed about her having handcuffed herself to Kate and dragging her into the jungle, I've always suspected that Juliet let Jack in on Ben's desire to have her infiltrate the Losties camp, and that the two of them schemed up a way to bring down the others...but ONLY if none of the Losties knew about the plan.

Offline char1

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 01:35:45 PM »
i think it's bigger than all of these, it's #5...there is so much more to what's going on, and Juliet and Jack know about it and they are not ready to divulge it. 

Offline CurtYanko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 02:02:41 PM »
That Kate is pregnant.

Offline Ailiu

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 02:46:37 PM »
I don't know what to think to be honest.  I do think it's much bigger than any of those suggestions though.  Certainly not the idea that pregnancy is fatal on the island-- Kate already knows that.  Maybe a combination of some of them. 

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 02:49:33 PM »
I think Jack thinks he's got the plan to save everyone.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 02:57:13 PM »
None of the above.

Offline Fallybear

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 03:05:11 PM »
Juliets comment to Kate came as a direct result of the Naomi/rescue revelation. Jack's question was something like... did anyone actually SEE the helicopter crash??  Jack & Juliet have some knowledge of what the others will soon be planning, what tactics they might use and want to tell Kate to be cautious with Naiomi.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 04:14:41 PM »
Juliets comment to Kate came as a direct result of the Naomi/rescue revelation. Jack's question was something like... did anyone actually SEE the helicopter crash??  Jack & Juliet have some knowledge of what the others will soon be planning, what tactics they might use and want to tell Kate to be cautious with Naiomi.

I thought it was Sayid who asked if anyone actually saw the helicopter crash, not Kate....

Offline Fallybear

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 04:42:04 PM »

I thought it was Sayid who asked if anyone actually saw the helicopter crash, not Kate....

I never let facts get in the way of my opinions. ;)

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 04:52:49 PM »

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 05:05:28 PM »
As you may recall, Jack seemed unconcerned with how the Losties were perceiving him.  He would be offended or at least try to reform his bond with them if there wasn't something he was hiding. I think that he is working with Juliet against the others, and that work is dependent upon the Losties no knowing about it.

Offline char1

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 05:12:53 PM »
As you may recall, Jack seemed unconcerned with how the Losties were perceiving him.  He would be offended or at least try to reform his bond with them if there wasn't something he was hiding. I think that he is working with Juliet against the others, and that work is dependent upon the Losties no knowing about it.

..either something that he's hiding, or something that is much bigger and much more important than that.

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 05:21:05 PM »
I thought--based on the conversation context--that they're going to tell Kate something about communications with the outside world, perhaps something that we already know (via Juliet flashbacks, etc.). I definitely think Juliet's been talking to Jack and opening up.

I still hold out hope for her being on the right side of things in the end....

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 05:31:47 PM »
Juliet wanted to tell Kate that the others have given Jack a lobotomy.