Author Topic: Gotta give it to Sayid  (Read 8675 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Gotta give it to Sayid
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2007, 09:36:39 PM »

You mean in the right-most photo?

I don't think so. The radar circles are just centered on the picture of the globe, which is a pretty standard map.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2007, 12:16:16 PM »
There is a ping that emits from some where on the west coast. Maybe Portland?

Offline a_dot_out

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2007, 01:17:37 PM »
There is a ping that emits from some where on the west coast. Maybe Portland?

My guess was Hawaii, since the show is filmed there. Who knows how far they took the accuracy of the device output.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2007, 06:10:01 PM »
Sayid isn't getting much screen time this season and I wonder if he will be one of the
Spoiler
ones to die between  now and during season finale
but in his short scene with naomi and listening to her wellrehearsed speechabout Flight 815 and looking for Des, he knew immediately she was an Other. When he asked if they saw the helicopter, he knew she was a plant.  And her comment back mind me to never have to rescue you. 

Sayid smartest one on that island. Glad someone on the show sees through Naomi.I said after last week's episode, not tot trust her. Look at he screencaps on investigations page, Juliet and Ben are watching all the news footage with Patchy on the crash of Oceanic Flight 815, plus they have endless resources to get information on people,so know all about Des and and Penny.Not saying that Widomre is not involved , but Naomi is one of the Others and Sayid sees through it all.
Umm...no she isn't an Other or a spy. ::)

Her story ties in perfectly with Penny, Widmore, and the guys speaking Portugeuse in the Antarctic.  They have to be able to start piecing that story together, they can't just let that lay hanging forever (they've left it at loose ends for half a season already!).  Naomi is the Losties connection with the outside world so it presents a whole new story line for the writers to explore.  In the presser for the season finale, it even states that "The Losties begin trying to communicate with Naomi's ship".  If Naomi doesn't have a ship, then who are they supposedly communicating with? ???

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2007, 02:16:01 PM »
Sayid isn't getting much screen time this season and I wonder if he will be one of the
Spoiler
ones to die between  now and during season finale
but in his short scene with naomi and listening to her wellrehearsed speechabout Flight 815 and looking for Des, he knew immediately she was an Other. When he asked if they saw the helicopter, he knew she was a plant.  And her comment back mind me to never have to rescue you. 

Sayid smartest one on that island. Glad someone on the show sees through Naomi.I said after last week's episode, not tot trust her. Look at he screencaps on investigations page, Juliet and Ben are watching all the news footage with Patchy on the crash of Oceanic Flight 815, plus they have endless resources to get information on people,so know all about Des and and Penny.Not saying that Widomre is not involved , but Naomi is one of the Others and Sayid sees through it all.
Umm...no she isn't an Other or a spy. ::)

Her story ties in perfectly with Penny, Widmore, and the guys speaking Portugeuse in the Antarctic.  They have to be able to start piecing that story together, they can't just let that lay hanging forever (they've left it at loose ends for half a season already!).  Naomi is the Losties connection with the outside world so it presents a whole new story line for the writers to explore.  In the presser for the season finale, it even states that "The Losties begin trying to communicate with Naomi's ship".  If Naomi doesn't have a ship, then who are they supposedly communicating with? ???

GOOD POST BRO

Offline Britigger

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2007, 02:59:22 PM »
After Huge-o slipped up and accidently fired the flare gun shooting the flare inhto the sky .....  Patchy shows up, as if he was looking for this signal (and expecting it). He is then none suprised to see "Naomi" (acronym?) lying there in pilot garb. She speaks to hem in Italian ( so says patchy),and say's "thank you". Then Patchy steals the phone, or did he simply take the phone because Naomi could not continue with him as planned.
  :-\

Patchy could have seen the flare and gone to investigate without having expected it.  Also Naomi says " I am not alone" in portugese not "Thank you" as Patchy claims. He took the phone because he's the others communication dude and wants to re-establish comlink...and i am sure they don't want the losties to get it.
I think Naomi is working for Penny not the others but I also don't think she's telling the whole truth...Sayid's spidey senses don't generally tingle for nothin:)

Offline FireLily

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2007, 03:47:21 PM »
I think that Naomi is honestly working for Penny, with nothing to do with Dharma or the Others.  She probably communicated with Patchy simply because he was the one patching her up.  (no pun intended)  If I was on the edge of death, or had a serious injury, I'd communicate with that nearest possible person, and I'm pretty sure it was Mikhail when she became able to do any talking.  I can't rewatch, so I'm not sure.  That's just my two cents.

Offline Balta

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2007, 11:51:06 PM »
serisouly i don't think she's an other.....they already have an other in the losties camp plus if she was she wouldn't go through the trouble of sticking a twig in her lung... and they would have just brought her to the island like everyone else, and staged the crash...

plus the others are always looking for flares...remember the end of season 1

Offline FireLily

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2007, 02:05:05 PM »

plus the others are always looking for flares...remember the end of season 1

good point.  :)

Offline megetlost

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2007, 06:57:21 PM »
After Huge-o slipped up and accidently fired the flare gun shooting the flare inhto the sky .....  Patchy shows up, as if he was looking for this signal (and expecting it). He is then none suprised to see "Naomi" (acronym?) lying there in pilot garb. She speaks to hem in Italian ( so says patchy),and say's "thank you". Then Patchy steals the phone, or did he simply take the phone because Naomi could not continue with him as planned.
...but what if Penny and Patchy had already communicated prior to Naomi's entrance. Patchy has a lot of communication resourses, well, had. And Penny certainly seemed capable of contacting anyone. ;)

Patchy could have seen the flare and gone to investigate without having expected it.  Also Naomi says " I am not alone" in portugese not "Thank you" as Patchy claims. He took the phone because he's the others communication dude and wants to re-establish comlink...and i am sure they don't want the losties to get it.
I think Naomi is working for Penny not the others but I also don't think she's telling the whole truth...Sayid's spidey senses don't generally tingle for nothin:)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2007, 04:49:20 PM »
...but what if Penny and Patchy had already communicated prior to Naomi's entrance. Patchy has a lot of communication resourses, well, had. And Penny certainly seemed capable of contacting anyone. ;)

"Sayid's spidey senses don't generally tingle for nothin:)"
Exactly and they were tingly like crazy lastnight all over jack.