Author Topic: What Happened to Flight 815?  (Read 16495 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: What Happened to Flight 815?
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2007, 09:15:42 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they have another one, or if another comes, but I agree with you. That sub is GONE.

scrod

« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2007, 10:12:39 PM »
What if the sub was only a metaphor?

• Only highly trusted individuals like Richard and Ethan allowed to 'ride the sub' while conscious.
  • Juliet and Jack being taken to it in the darkness, when most other people are asleep.
  • The island's coordinates make it unlikely that a sub of that size travels all the way to mainland.
  • You can reach the island from the air (by balloon, parachute, or busted plane).
I think at some point we may find that there are other means of getting of the island.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2007, 10:46:09 PM »

• Only highly trusted individuals like Richard and Ethan allowed to 'ride the sub' while conscious.
  • Juliet and Jack being taken to it in the darkness, when most other people are asleep.
  • The island's coordinates make it unlikely that a sub of that size travels all the way to mainland.
  • You can reach the island from the air (by balloon, parachute, or busted plane).
I think at some point we may find that there are other means of getting of the island.
but how is it a metaphor when we have seen the sub, and Ben even said to take the sub to get the boat.

scrod

« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2007, 10:54:39 PM »

but how is it a metaphor when we have seen the sub, and Ben even said to take the sub to get the boat.
I dunno, I just think that Ben and Richard would be a little more upset if the only actual functioning way off the island was destroyed.

Offline FireLily

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2007, 09:31:44 PM »
You couldn't just get a similar plane and paint it like 815.  You'd need the unique serial numbers, black box, etc.  Unless the people investigating the crash were complete idiots, then they would've recovered certain parts from the crash to make sure it was the same plane.  It would've been an international incident and people would want to know how and why a plane suddenly crashed.

i haven't finished reading through all the posts yet, but while it's in my head, what if the people that were investigating the crash, the potential idiots, actually worked for Dharma or Ben and friends?  They seem to have lots of connections, and attract powerful people, so why not?  Easy to cover up if the investigators are the ones that staged it.

*edit*  i finished reading them, and i think someone said something like this already.  just ignore me.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 09:44:44 PM by FireLily »

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2007, 12:17:19 PM »
While I personally now think it is a cover up
I am still not closing the door on Alternate time line theory, which I happen to like very much

As for the cover up...how about this....
They were never on the real flight 815, they were diverted to another plane/flight and were told that it was flight 815
And the REAL Flight 815 went down (maybe on purpose)

I know a little out there, but it could be a possibility I suppose...

There was definitely a reason that some of them were almost forced to be on that particular flight.  If not a conspiracy then what Destiny?

Oh and I also agree with Lou
It doesn't really matter if they had loved ones waiting for them or not.  They are dead to all people in the outside world end of story.
I'm not even sure why went off in that direction anyway.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2007, 12:47:45 PM »
Being 4 miles deep makes it much easier to have it a phony plane down there. Can't retrieve the parts and investigate. Easy coverup.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2007, 02:45:21 PM »
Being 4 miles deep makes it much easier to have it a phony plane down there. Can't retrieve the parts and investigate. Easy coverup.

it being in a trench is the key to that, not the 4 miles

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2007, 03:22:25 PM »
The combination of the two. A trench in 50 feet would be easy for divers. A trench in 4 miles of water, you send down the robot, see that everyone is dead and close the book on it.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2007, 04:31:13 PM »
The combination of the two. A trench in 50 feet would be easy for divers. A trench in 4 miles of water, you send down the robot, see that everyone is dead and close the book on it.
Exactly.

I agree with Juggy.

Again.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2007, 05:21:39 PM »

what i meant was this

you can retrieve a ship from 4 miles down..... not a problem, its been done before, plenty of times of the coast of north carolina in fact

however, getting the gear needed to do this attached to the plane in a trench is nearly impossible, furthermore, pulling it out of the trench is impossible, between sea currents and everything, the ship would not stay in place enough to come out of the trench

on the ocean floor, no trench, no chance of it getting caught up on anything, like the trench wall or caught in any bizarre currents caused by the trench

make sense??

(please be advised that i am not trying to argue or cause any personal conflict)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 05:24:13 PM by cbw420 »

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2007, 06:27:06 PM »
I suppose it makes sense, but I still don't see why anyone would drag up a ship from 4 miles down anyways.