Author Topic: It's NOT Hell  (Read 15415 times)

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: It's NOT Hell
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2007, 12:04:55 AM »
Well, my name actually isn't Jeff... lol
We know, it's Mr. Postalot. ;D

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2007, 12:05:55 AM »
Hah you got it ;D

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2007, 07:39:31 AM »
Our Island can't be Hell... there's no Starbucks!

Offline LoniZeppelin

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2007, 10:13:55 AM »
so juliet was dead before she got there????? no. so clair gave birth to a dead baby but we see it as alive???? no... wounds heal kinda quick for hell dont ya think? if ya got a wound in hell i would think it would last a really long time. if it is hell i wanna go to hell!!!! hahaha well thats all hehe

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2007, 01:24:37 PM »
Our Island can't be Hell... there's no Starbucks!
:o Wait a sec!!!  There's no Starbucks??  It IS hell! :'(

::) :D

Offline refinnej

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2007, 02:41:52 PM »
This is my first post ever...and...they're just not in hell. Like not even a little bit. Ok, I found this posted somewhere and I think it's the only idea that I'm really comfortable with at this point:

Desmond didn't push the button in time and the plane crashed...flash ahead...Desmond turned the failsafe key and traveled back in time. While there he meets this old woman (the oracle) who tells him that the Universe has a way of correcting itself (course correction) also she says to him that you can't change fate...flashahead...Naomi drops from the sky and reveals that the plane crashed and there were no survivors. Cooper validates this statement.

THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW.

NOW MY THEORY.

Desmond didn't manage to enter the numbers in time and the plane crashed on the island. Fate meant it to crash into the ocean and all the passengers die. Either at this point or when Desmond turned the failsafe key he created a divergent timeline where the plane crashed on the island in one reality and it crashed into the ocean in another reality. He, Desmond, changed fate. Now it is fates purpose to course correct itself. My theory is that by the end of the series all the survivors of 815 will die. The universe has a way of correcting itself.

Now reading this made me think:

so if desmonds destiny was to be on that island...whats the reason his destiny was to be on the island? was his destiny to be on the island so that he could save the plane? because if that was his destiny and the oracle saw that, then i feel like everyone wouldnt die in the end even if "time has a way of correcting itself" because...if they were all meant to die anyway, why would the oracle make sure desmond was on the island to save them? so is there a different reason desmond was on the island? to save teh world? but again, if time's plan for the world was for it to end, and time has a way of correcting itself, then woulnd't the world end no matter what desmond does? I just don't know!! But I like this idea a lot. WAY more than the hell/purgatory theory..which if proven true, would disappoint me greatly.

Also, take a look at this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemuria_%28continent%29

Thoughts? Opinions?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2007, 10:24:16 PM »
I think the reason Des was on the island was to push the button. If he didn't push the button, Kelvin would have gone crazy and/or died before he could use the failsafe and BooM...

musepsycho

« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2007, 06:57:42 AM »
Anyone want to place any bets that either Hanso, Paik Industries, or Widmore was involved in the crash scene investigation of flight 815?  I mean, how hard is a little CG graphics these days.  Awfully convenient that the plane is 4 miles down and nobody can physically get to it.

I don't remember where I heard this (probably a podcast), but apparently a web site stated exactly this early on (late season 1 or early season 2). According to this site it was the Hanso Foundation that conducted the search/investigation, & people with questions or information were urged to contact the HF. Seems like this was planned all along!

EDIT: I checked: I heard this on LostCasts #54
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 07:24:19 AM by musepsycho »

scrod

« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2007, 11:02:42 PM »
If it were hell, a second plane with everyone's mother in law would have crashed on the island at the same time.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2007, 08:49:27 AM »
If it were hell, a second plane with everyone's mother in law would have crashed on the island at the same time.

rofl!! can you get me a ticket for that plane? I have an unwilling volunteer!!

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2007, 10:31:17 PM »
If they were all supposed to die, and Desmond changed the future/present, and the universe will correct itself, then everyone will be dead by the last episode? <------Pyro[move]

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2007, 12:33:46 PM »
Makes sense, Chefy. BUT I really don't think they are all supposed to be dead.