Author Topic: danielle at the black rock  (Read 9626 times)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: danielle at the black rock
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2007, 03:55:13 PM »
That was funny.  She's just the typical island mom out running errands. Don't forget to pick up the papayas, the long grass for net weaving, the dry-cleaning, & the case of dynamite before picking Alex up from soccer practice. ??? :-\ :)

Offline Ailiu

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2007, 04:46:11 PM »
I'm a little afraid to ask what Danielle is doing with TNT.  :D  Like a crazy person needs to be playing around with explosives!  The short anwser is that she wants to blow something up though. ;)

I thought she was uncomfortable about going to the Black Rock because it's in the area where her shipmates got sick.  ???  Maybe her first trip with the Losties allowed her to face her fears and she's not as concerned about going there now.  :-\

Some of the explanations here are funny!  :D  I'll be a bit disappointed when we learn what she was really doing with the TNT.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 04:48:27 PM by Ailiu »

Offline firemanandlostfan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2007, 05:26:39 PM »
I havent seen this mentioned, anyone have any ideas why she would be at the Black Rock getting dynamite?  It seemed like she really didnt want to stick around and answer questions why she was getting it and Locke didnt want her around to ask questions about who was locked in the "Brig".  They both seemed like "um yeah im doing something wrong and dont wanna talk about it, ok see ya later"

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 05:33:19 PM »
Check out the "danielle at the black rock" thread on here!  ;)

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 05:39:03 PM »
whoops missed that the first time

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2007, 05:41:26 PM »
what is this nut going to be doing with the dynamite?!?

She's not a "nut".  She's a very intelligent and crafty woman who probably knows a lot more than you are giving her credit for.  To dismiss her character as just a 'nut' who has no value really says something about your ability to understand the larger implications of the show.  Even if she is a little strange, you would be too if you had been marooned on craphole island by yourself for 16 years with only polar bears and smoke monsters to keep you company.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2007, 05:42:32 PM »

I think she is going to blow up the fence so she can go live in Othersville with electricity and plumbing.

That was my first thought, too.  But she already used the tree to hop over it.  She must be planning something big though if she is going to use all that dynamite... as in move a lot of people in at once, or move big things into othersville or out of it. 

It was interesting that Alex wasn't at the camp (correct me if I'm wrong) because since we have first seen her with the others, she has been in every other other episode.  We haven't seen her since she showed Locke the sub.  Maybe she was taken somewhere other than the camp, somewhere locked tight, and Danielle needs all that TNT to blast through to her. 

Offline Ailiu

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2007, 05:46:36 PM »
what is this nut going to be doing with the dynamite?!?

She's not a "nut".  She's a very intelligent and crafty woman who probably knows a lot more than you are giving her credit for.  To dismiss her character as just a 'nut' who has no value really says something about your ability to understand the larger implications of the show.  Even if she is a little strange, you would be too if you had been marooned on craphole island by yourself for 16 years with only polar bears and smoke monsters to keep you company.
I know.  I was just kidding around there.   :D

Besides I think we're all a little nutty. ;)  There's nothing wrong with that-- it makes life interesting.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 06:15:34 PM by Ailiu »

Offline chicko

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2007, 11:36:49 AM »
As always, things are not shown just because...
What do you think was Rousseau's (can't spell that..) part in appearing for such a short period ?

My thoughts (on why was she shown) :
  • This is her territory, just so we'd know...
  • She need to set up more traps, after the midget ruined one..
  • The island's special powers makes dynamite-sticks reproduce on their own so that's why they don't run out!
  • That chick is planning something that involves explosives... She also could have followed Locke back to their new camp (I bet she already knows where it is...)
  • Best One : She must be the most frustrated actress, with such an important character but no air-time whatsoever !!!

Comments ??? What is she up to ? and why nobody cares why she keeps disappearing ?

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2007, 12:02:51 PM »
she is planning on getting her daughter back was my thoughts, last we saw her she was hiding out watching Alex.  I think revenge is on her mind.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2007, 12:48:12 PM »
I think she is planning something and she was shown there because ever since The Man from Tallahasee the viewers have been saying.  Wheres russou   now we say oh there she is.

Offline CurtYanko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2007, 02:51:55 PM »
I think is a way for the writers to put dynamite in play so yes, she is going to blow something up and it's not a stretch to think it is connected to Alex in some way.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2007, 12:30:29 PM »
Yeah, I wouldn't pick up a case of dynamite by two hundred year old ropes.... maybe she stashed something in the case and there isn't any explosives at all! 
Maybe that's where she keeps all of her dharma notebooks...!

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2007, 04:31:28 PM »

Maybe that's where she keeps all of her dharma notebooks...!

I almost wish this would have been the case!!  That would be great! 

Dharma Protocol if--the Flame station is blown up...
                        --the sub gets blown up...
                        --if you forget the fence shut down code...
                        --if your daughter gets kidnapped by the hostiles..