Author Topic: Richard....Other or Not?  (Read 8526 times)

Offline megetlost

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Richard....Other or Not?
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2007, 05:43:28 PM »
It does seem like not everyone in Ben's cult has drunk the Kool-aide.
 I believe his actions with Cooper will cause a loss of respect among the others for him. They seemed to sympathize with Locke. Feeling for him while Ben made a mockery of him( like his dad did)

Offline Gilgar

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2007, 07:40:31 PM »
I think he is Jacob.

You mean Richard? Cus after this episode i was kind of wondering if they thought Locke was Jacob

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2007, 08:07:47 PM »
I'm wondering, also, if Alpert & Juliet are on the same "side."  Obviously Juliet has personal reasons for hating Ben & wanting him dead, but I wonder if Alpert sympathizes with her & wants her to be able to go back home to her sister. 

i was thinking this as well, i mentioned it in another post, but i'm so on board with jack and juliet working together, and i'm so going to be wrong about it lol

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 08:21:43 PM »
Yeah- Juliet's personal story complicates it all, & still makes her a little unpredictable. :-\

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 08:37:07 PM »
I'm wondering, also, if Alpert & Juliet are on the same "side."  Obviously Juliet has personal reasons for hating Ben & wanting him dead, but I wonder if Alpert sympathizes with her & wants her to be able to go back home to her sister. 

i was thinking this as well, i mentioned it in another post, but i'm so on board with jack and juliet working together, and i'm so going to be wrong about it lol

ALL RIGHT! I have an IDEA, TAA DAA, maybe Richard DOES sympathize with Juliet, I mean cause he recruited her, and has known her all along, PLUS he went and got the video of her sister, what if he BUMPED into her and FELL IN LOVE with Juliets sister!

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 08:34:45 PM »
I think Richard wanted Cooper dead for his own reasons and gave Locke the chance to get one over on Ben because he wants the others to lose faith in Ben like he obviously has.

I think he is higher up than Ben in the pecking order. He always looks smart, he doesn't dress like the others, he dresses like a visitor.

From what we've seen of Richard he seems like a nice enough person with A LOT of dedication to his job - he might sympathise with Juliette but I think he's got his own agenda and possibly sees Locke as Bens replacement.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2007, 08:44:48 PM »
We will see him in a flashback it looks like from next weeks preview.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2007, 12:46:05 AM »

Richard was the one who took the video of Rachel in Arcadia park. It appeared as though Rachel knew that Richard was filming her. They met at Juliet's departure to the Island. Is Richard still in contact with Rachel?

Offline megetlost

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2007, 06:47:58 PM »
 ok , I could not get on all sledges all week! Richard is same guy young Ben met in the jungle as a "hostile". right? does this guy age?
why was he already there?
   I am not up to speed on what has been covered on this site this week, if this has been addressed , don't be to0 harsh.

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2007, 07:16:20 PM »
Ben is trying to save the world.  Richard wants him to do just that, but he thinks Ben is getting distracted with the fertility issue.

I don't think the Others can get off the Island right now because the sub blew up and the beacon is not working.