Author Topic: Is Jack Acting Funny?  (Read 8507 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Is Jack Acting Funny?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2007, 11:00:13 AM »
Thats what I am saying.

Offline Pegasus

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2007, 11:57:44 AM »

Thanks for all the "welcomes".   :)

Jack always acted funny. Moves his head a lot when he talks and screams for emotional impact. He's no Jack Nicholson. :D

That is what I have come to regard as normal behavior for Jack. Especially the yelling/screaming.

I don't think he has yelled once since Kate rescued him. So that seems like strange behavior for Jack. He's too calm.

I also thought it was odd that he didn't seem overly concerned about  Juliette going off by herself to get the medicine she needed for Claire.
Didn't he think it was unwise for somebody to go wandering off in the jungle alone after dark?

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2007, 01:33:22 PM »

Thanks for all the "welcomes".   :)

Jack always acted funny. Moves his head a lot when he talks and screams for emotional impact. He's no Jack Nicholson. :D

That is what I have come to regard as normal behavior for Jack. Especially the yelling/screaming.

I don't think he has yelled once since Kate rescued him. So that seems like strange behavior for Jack. He's too calm.

I also thought it was odd that he didn't seem overly concerned about  Juliette going off by herself to get the medicine she needed for Claire.
Didn't he think it was unwise for somebody to go wandering off in the jungle alone after dark?

WELCOME PEGASUS! :)

Offline lost_soul12

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2007, 02:10:14 AM »
jack is acting funny he's really wierd like he's hiding somthing

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2007, 08:44:10 AM »
Jack's acting is funny - I'll bet his singing and dancing is pretty peculiar too.

But seriously I reckon he's been recruited by Juliet to collect samples etc and to be a temporary research assistant for the Otherville University. She must have told him some big secret and as such he's as much a dirty double crosser as Juliet is....

And how come his stubble never turns into a hairy beard? And does he have some Dharma hair clippers? Always neatly trimmed.... hmmm maybe there's a secret Dharma Haridressers deep in the jungle called "Curl up 'n' Die" or something...

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2007, 11:18:36 AM »
How come the women don't get hair on their legs or have armpits that look like an east german shot putter.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2007, 12:15:59 PM »
Because it would gross us out

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2007, 02:36:24 PM »
Good point.

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2007, 09:01:00 PM »
I just can't believe that Jack would turn on the Losties.  It's not in his character.  So I don't see how he could be working with Juliet and/or Ben against them, even if it meant a trip home for him.  He wouldn't turn his back on them.  But then again, I thought it was out of character for him to even consider making a deal with Ben to get himself home, leaving the Losties.  In some ways, I thought that was a sign of growth of character, since before he was stubborn and defiant, and I was always angry at him for not making the Others think he would cooperate with him, biding his time, and then making his move at the right moment.  So who knows.  Maybe he's got a trick up his sleeve?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2007, 09:09:54 PM »
I sure hope he does have that trick up his sleave.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2007, 01:01:38 AM »
I sure hope he does have that trick up his sleave.
So do I. He's been so lame recently. He needs to "cowboy up" and give us a good ballsy on Island flashback suprise.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2007, 01:12:21 PM »
From a post following "left behind."

Jack is the biggest moron on the show.  Tell me once that he has been right!!!!  He's an idiot.  How did he ever get into med school?  He should be a greeter at WalMart....not that there's anything wrong with that.  Jack's character fulfills the literary role of "crap-magnet."  There are characters you inject who are always getting screwed, betrayed, or enduring bad luck.  It is a certainty that anything they do will lead to disaster.  The reason you have a crap-magnet is that it simplifies the dynamics of writing a group story and, ever so often, everybody gets to say...poor Jack.  Eventually, however, you either kill the dude off or you make him into a turnaround story.  I'm betting that Jack is the latter, but I'm kinda hoping for the former.

In either case, Jack will either get crapped on again--or he is finally laying a trap....waiting for the other's to go after Sun.  Any thoughtful person who knew of Sun's pregnancy would be concerned about the island's disease.  The fact that Jack didn't mention Sun to Juliet upon thinking that some condition inherent to the island was sickening Claire is suspect.  Either Jack is a lousy doctor, laying a trap, hiding Sun's pregnency until he knows more about Juliet....or is just a moron. 

If Jack is a complete moron and trusts Juliet, he will tell Juliet about Sun immediately (Jack thinks Sun conceived on the island) due to the risk to Sun.  If he has doubts, he will discuss the issue with Sun, or somebody, first. 

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2007, 03:12:49 PM »
From a post following "left behind."

Jack is the biggest moron on the show.  Tell me once that he has been right!!!!  He's an idiot.  How did he ever get into med school?  He should be a greeter at WalMart....not that there's anything wrong with that.  Jack's character fulfills the literary role of "crap-magnet."  There are characters you inject who are always getting screwed, betrayed, or enduring bad luck.  It is a certainty that anything they do will lead to disaster.  The reason you have a crap-magnet is that it simplifies the dynamics of writing a group story and, ever so often, everybody gets to say...poor Jack.  Eventually, however, you either kill the dude off or you make him into a turnaround story.  I'm betting that Jack is the latter, but I'm kinda hoping for the former.

In either case, Jack will either get crapped on again--or he is finally laying a trap....waiting for the other's to go after Sun.  Any thoughtful person who knew of Sun's pregnancy would be concerned about the island's disease.  The fact that Jack didn't mention Sun to Juliet upon thinking that some condition inherent to the island was sickening Claire is suspect.  Either Jack is a lousy doctor, laying a trap, hiding Sun's pregnency until he knows more about Juliet....or is just a moron. 

If Jack is a complete moron and trusts Juliet, he will tell Juliet about Sun immediately (Jack thinks Sun conceived on the island) due to the risk to Sun.  If he has doubts, he will discuss the issue with Sun, or somebody, first. 
heh heh heh... I agree!