Author Topic: What if Juliet lied to Sun?  (Read 11695 times)

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: What if Juliet lied to Sun?
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2007, 10:38:50 PM »
We know Claire was Not sypmtomatic..she was implanted
**ooh side thought are serums used as implants like a tracking system in your blood lines.
Juliet shot Pickett too save Sawyer and possibly herself but we can't read lips.
Maybe the serum was giving losties other's fertilty problems in order too solve their issues.
More questions. as always

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2007, 06:27:25 PM »
We know Claire was Not sypmtomatic..she was implanted
**ooh side thought are serums used as implants like a tracking system in your blood lines.
Juliet shot Pickett too save Sawyer and possibly herself but we can't read lips.
Maybe the serum was giving losties other's fertilty problems in order too solve their issues.
More questions. as always
We actually do NOT know that Claire wasn't symptomatic. She was implanted, but it may have just been a security measure, just in case the treatment wasn't finished yet. I personally think that Claire WAS symptomatic, and the reason they were going to give Claire a C-Section was because they knew both Claire and the baby would be healthy (or there was a greater chance of it).

The implant was (as I just said) simply a security measure. If Claire got away too soon, then they could find where she went and maybe trigger the implant... it would make Ethan's job easier because they would be losing Losties and Claire would be getting sicker and sicker.

Juliet was trying to get herself off the island. She could only do this by getting Sawyer and Kate off Alcatraz (Jack would kill Ben otherwise).

The serum wasn't giving any fertility problems; it was SOLVING fertility problems.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2007, 06:40:49 PM »
Their is no fertility problems on the island. People get pregnant just fine. THe fetus then turns on the mother. The syrum was not doing anything at this time. Her experiments were failures. Claire only lived because she was already third tri mester.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2007, 06:45:46 PM »
Their is no fertility problems on the island. People get pregnant just fine. THe fetus then turns on the mother. The syrum was not doing anything at this time. Her experiments were failures. Claire only lived because she was already third tri mester.
Good point, Juggy. I still believe that Claire's baby was turning on her when it got on the island. Usually the mothers live for about four months after pregnancy (from what Juliet said). Claire gave birth one month after landing. She would be feeling as fine as Sun is feeling right now. I think that the serum DID help Claire though.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2007, 01:32:14 AM »
I'm skeptical. Think they just wanted aaron. If Claire was implanted then why didn't Ethan trigger it when Alex helped her escape?
Claire was in third trimester (thanx Jug) so she wouldn't have been symptomatic. Juliet lied! The other's wanted a healthy baby and possibly to study Claire's corpse for scientific research on a normal fetus. Alex said they were going to kill her, that's why she got her out.
When did they say 4 months? Think you're mistaken. Sun only has until her end of 2nd/beginning of 3rd trimester? 2 more months

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2007, 03:02:04 PM »
I say four months because she's been on the island more two months. I guess it's really only three months, isn't it? It still goes to show that Claire was there for less time than the "dangerous" period of three months.

I really don't think they just wanted Aaron. If they did, they would have come back for him, right? ESPECIALLY when Danielle took Aaron and set up the black smoke.

I think Alex was mistaken when she said they were going to kill her. She knows that most women who go in there die, but she doesn't know why (only 16... I don't think Ben has explained everything perfectly well to her). Or, alternatively, she knows that Claire was going to get a C-section.

Really, if you grow up knowing that pregnant ladies die, what would you be saying?

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2007, 01:32:47 AM »
Alex is an other other. She and her mother are natural rebels. I believe Alex understands alot. She is staging a rebellion against her father; be it teenage or not. Ben raised her, so she knows alot about the island. At sixteen I would have picked that up. She's got access and is a smart chick. She's pretty bad-a$$ too. She and Danielle need to kick some @ss together.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2007, 09:25:25 AM »
Good point, Juggy. I still believe that Claire's baby was turning on her when it got on the island. Usually the mothers live for about four months after pregnancy (from what Juliet said). Claire gave birth one month after landing. She would be feeling as fine as Sun is feeling right now. I think that the serum DID help Claire though.

They did not say this. The mother dies around 4 months of pregnancy. In the 4th month. Claire is not preganat any more. She is fine.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2007, 10:53:22 AM »
Na, Juliet said the mothers die before their third trimester (6 months)

It's impossible for anybody to say that the injections "helped" Claire because there is no control group.

Juliet, based upon what has been said in the past, what was said into the tape recorder, and (what makes sense) was probably telling the truth.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2007, 11:04:40 AM »
THis is your best post to date.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2007, 02:31:20 PM »
THis is your best post to date.

i concur

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2007, 03:09:27 PM »
Na, Juliet said the mothers die before their third trimester (6 months)

It's impossible for anybody to say that the injections "helped" Claire because there is no control group.

Juliet, based upon what has been said in the past, what was said into the tape recorder, and (what makes sense) was probably telling the truth.

However, by the same reasoning, it is impossible to say that it DIDN'T help her either. In fact, there is a good possibility that Juliet is NOT lying when she said that Claire had similar symptoms (Juggy, you always are telling us to trust the show) and the injections DID help her out.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2007, 04:47:34 PM »
you can never disprove a null hypothesis.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2007, 08:49:40 PM »
A null hypothesis is saying Colleen is pregnant.

Juliet telling the truth isn't a null hypothesis ;)