Author Topic: What if Juliet lied to Sun?  (Read 11684 times)

Offline MichiganFan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: What if Juliet lied to Sun?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2007, 12:10:37 AM »
Sun most likely did the math in her head to confirm the DOC. If Juliette gave her a date and if she knew they hadn't done anything on or around that time, she most likely would have had a different reaction. If it was a lie, they probably would have had her tell Ben the truth on the tape. The way things are now, the producers might not bring this up again until season 5.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2007, 01:58:50 AM »
I agree except for the fact that Sun is dying and TPTB are going to milk this for all it's worth.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2007, 11:44:45 AM »
She lied to Sun so she can have access to her and her pregnancy, with the final goal being to take the baby from her and deliver him to Ben once he's born. Payment for her ticket out?
i don't buy this.  ben doesn't want the babies, he wants the others to be able to HAVE babies.
Sure he does! He stole the French chick's baby, all the kids on the plane, and would love to lay his hands on baby Aaron! He's evil! I can't make my own, so I'll take yours! :)
My only problem with what you are saying is that he wants Aaron
I think he would have taken Aaron if he wanted him bad enough

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2007, 11:47:09 AM »
Sorry that I'm filling up the front page again....

Juliet is telling the truth. She has a job to do, and is reluctantly doing it. She also GENUINELY wants to help the Losties. From the most recent podcast, it sounds as if TPTB were telling us that soon we should start to think that Juliet isn't that bad after all. Juliet wants to make sure that all of the women live through the pregnancies. The CR 4-81516-2342 worked on Claire when she was showing similar symptoms to pregnant ladies. She wants to test it on Sun and see if it is finally the correct formula.
No your not you love Posting! ::)  Claire's baby was not conceived on the island.

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2007, 11:51:18 AM »
She lied to Sun so she can have access to her and her pregnancy, with the final goal being to take the baby from her and deliver him to Ben once he's born. Payment for her ticket out?
i don't buy this.  ben doesn't want the babies, he wants the others to be able to HAVE babies.
Sure he does! He stole the French chick's baby, all the kids on the plane, and would love to lay his hands on baby Aaron! He's evil! I can't make my own, so I'll take yours! :)
My only problem with what you are saying is that he wants Aaron
I think he would have taken Aaron if he wanted him bad enough

It would appear that they are trying to start there own colony, they cant have children so they take other peoples. And the pregnant women that are not from the island are simply test subjects to help find a cure for the problems there having, and if they can grab those children they will as well. And they take certain individuals they consider good too. To add to there colony! Its called tribal survival!

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2007, 12:57:03 PM »
Sorry that I'm filling up the front page again....

Juliet is telling the truth. She has a job to do, and is reluctantly doing it. She also GENUINELY wants to help the Losties. From the most recent podcast, it sounds as if TPTB were telling us that soon we should start to think that Juliet isn't that bad after all. Juliet wants to make sure that all of the women live through the pregnancies. The CR 4-81516-2342 worked on Claire when she was showing similar symptoms to pregnant ladies. She wants to test it on Sun and see if it is finally the correct formula.
No your not you love Posting! ::)  Claire's baby was not conceived on the island.
Right, but if the formula worked on Claire, then it solved Claire's symptoms. Maybe it can solve the other pregnant ladies' symptoms as well.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2007, 01:03:01 PM »
You are missing the point JB. Claire did not have the same problems because she conceived off the island. No juliet syrum needed. Plus she was already at healthy delivery date. Very different situation.

Juliet is only looking out for herself.

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2007, 01:26:18 PM »
You are missing the point JB. Claire did not have the same problems because she conceived off the island. No juliet syrum needed. Plus she was already at healthy delivery date. Very different situation.

thank you!  :)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2007, 01:27:05 PM »

you're welcome

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2007, 02:40:16 PM »

ASSUMING that Juliet wasn't lying when she said Claire had similar symptoms and that she DID need the syrum, then my point is valid.

That is of course trusting an OTHER which I know is difficult for ya ;)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2007, 02:49:32 PM »
JB, look at the facts, she was full term. The island was not an issue.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2007, 03:48:03 PM »

you're welcome
And she is still likeable and human ;)

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2007, 04:08:24 PM »

you're welcome
I agree she is likable and Human, she hates being the bad guy to the Losties..But I agree with Juggy, if it came down to sacrificing one of the losties to get off the island she would do it....she looks out for herself, not saying she wouldnt feel bad about it, just saying she wouldnt have any trouble doing. She killed one of her own people without even batting an eyelash (Pickett).

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2007, 04:13:52 PM »

you're welcome
I agree she is likable and Human, she hates being the bad guy to the Losties..But I agree with Juggy, if it came down to sacrificing one of the losties to get off the island she would do it....she looks out for herself, not saying she wouldnt feel bad about it, just saying she wouldnt have any trouble doing. She killed one of her own people without even batting an eyelash (Pickett).

Well stated, I agree 100%.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2007, 12:44:24 PM »

you're welcome
But Pickett wasn't likable OR human... ;)

I think it depends on who she would be sacrificing. I don't believe she would sacrifice Kate or Jack to get off the island. Sawyer, maybe. Right now, all she knows about them is the cold hard facts of how they lived before coming to the island, and everyone had some major vices. Now she is getting to know them a little... it might change her perspective on things. Maybe.