Author Topic: What if Juliet lied to Sun?  (Read 11223 times)

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: What if Juliet lied to Sun?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 12:56:39 PM »
What if juliet lied to Sun and Ben?
That's what LB is suggesting...
I also disagree
I think she was telling Sun the truth
I think we saw her real self come out for a minute
I don't think she is evil

my girl debs is spot on.  i agree completely.  she's not evil, just working her own agenda to get off the island.  lying about the baby being conceived on island wouldn't do that.

wait.  i just had an epiphany.  lying WOULD do that.  she could lie to both sun and to ben, say the pregnancy is only at 53 days, when actually it is at 95 or whatever.  and try to "cure" sun.  when sun lives and delivers a baby  (albiet EARLY), TA DA, juliet has "cured her" and gets a ticket off the island, the losties trust her and the others revere her as a saint.  she'll be LONG GONE before anyone realizes otherwise.

I don't see any reason to lie unless she felt that telling Sun she was preggers with Jin's baby was better news than being preggers from her affair.  LB, your idea is cool, but I don't think that is the case.  I think Juliet was being honest...it just really irritates me that Sun didn't follow her back in ::)

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 01:11:32 PM »
Alwayslost, it bothered me too!!  Why let her out of your sight??  DEE DEE DEE!!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 01:12:37 PM »
Why tell her all of your secrets?

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 01:30:23 PM »
Isn't that obvious Juggy?  She trusted Juliet.  That's why she told her everything and that's why she didn't follow Juliet back in.  It's amazing to me that Sun is that stupid and full of herself ::)

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 01:33:39 PM »
unless.. "53 days ago" was a code for BEN to let him know that it did happen off the island... and the I HATE YOU part could be for lying to sun and making her think she will die :[

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 01:57:01 PM »
I'm still convinced that the timing is off.  On day 33, Jin feels betrayed by Sun, and doesn't talk to her (except for right before the raft launches) or reconcile with her until day 48 when he makes it back to the beach.  Of course they have had sex since being on the island, but I'm just saying that it's highly unlikely that it occurred between days 33 to 48, and that's why I think Juliet isn't being truthful.

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 02:09:38 PM »

I don't buy it for a second that Juliet wanted to help Sun.

Agree 100% Juliet wants out, at any price. She wouldn't have to ask Sun about her sex life on the island if she wasn't planning on placing the DOC on the island!

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 02:12:55 PM »
So you agree with Ladybug that Juliet knows that Sun's DOC is really pre-island, but is saying otherwise to look like she cured a pregnant lady on the island?

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 02:18:37 PM »
She lied to Sun so she can have access to her and her pregnancy, with the final goal being to take the baby from her and deliver him to Ben once he's born. Payment for her ticket out?

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 02:24:35 PM »
But giving Ben a baby wont get her off the Island?  Curing the fertility issue would, right?  Even then Ben isn't gonna let her go tho ::)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 02:36:15 PM »
Juliet doesn't like how Ben is using the Losties.  She may have lied to Sun (in order to make Sun think that she will need Juliet very much), but that also means that she lied to Ben.  On the other hand, she may have lied to both of them so that Sun will think she needs her and Ben thinks that Sun is a gonner (and leaves her alone).  Finally, she may have just told the truth to both of them.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 04:57:52 PM »
She lied to Sun so she can have access to her and her pregnancy, with the final goal being to take the baby from her and deliver him to Ben once he's born. Payment for her ticket out?
i don't buy this.  ben doesn't want the babies, he wants the others to be able to HAVE babies.

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 05:22:25 PM »
i don't buy this.  ben doesn't want the babies, he wants the others to be able to HAVE babies.
Sure he does! He stole the French chick's baby, all the kids on the plane, and would love to lay his hands on baby Aaron! He's evil! I can't make my own, so I'll take yours! :)

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 05:28:27 PM »
Even if she lied to Ben and delivered a healthy baby (conceived off island) she would still have to worry about Kate.  We know she at least got pregnant on the island.  I don't think Ben would let Juliet go after one birth, Kate would be due only a few weeks after Sun and Ben would see that if Kate died before her 3rd trimester than Juliet was lying.  If she is telling the truth and Sun and Kate both are able to carry to term... maaaybe it would sway Ben enough.  But he would want hard facts, research papers, ultrasounds, blood tests... everything to be able to carry on Juliet's work after she had left. 

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2007, 09:49:10 PM »
Sorry that I'm filling up the front page again....

Juliet is telling the truth. She has a job to do, and is reluctantly doing it. She also GENUINELY wants to help the Losties. From the most recent podcast, it sounds as if TPTB were telling us that soon we should start to think that Juliet isn't that bad after all. Juliet wants to make sure that all of the women live through the pregnancies. The CR 4-81516-2342 worked on Claire when she was showing similar symptoms to pregnant ladies. She wants to test it on Sun and see if it is finally the correct formula.