Author Topic: What if Juliet lied to Sun?  (Read 11192 times)

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
What if Juliet lied to Sun?
« on: April 26, 2007, 11:14:26 AM »
What if Juliet lied to Sun about the DOC? If Sun thought she (and her baby) were gonna die she could be used to almost any limit, with the hope/promise of saving them both.

I don't buy it for a second that Juliet wanted to help Sun.

She had the whole story thanks to Sun...don't forget she asked when they last did "The Nasty", was this so she could know that they could've concieved on the island?

What could she gain is the question?

Offline stillhaventfound

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: What if Juliet lied to Sun?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 11:29:11 AM »
I have to disagree with you.  Why would Juliet lie?  If she were lying, that means she also lied to Ben on the recording, when she didn't have the guts to say "I hate you" until after she turned the tape recorder off.  Not a chance.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 11:34:59 AM »
I also disagree
I think she was telling Sun the truth
I think we saw her real self come out for a minute
I don't think she is evil

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 11:39:05 AM »
I also disagree
I think she was telling Sun the truth
I think we saw her real self come out for a minute
I don't think she is evil

my girl debs is spot on.  i agree completely.  she's not evil, just working her own agenda to get off the island.  lying about the baby being conceived on island wouldn't do that.

wait.  i just had an epiphany.  lying WOULD do that.  she could lie to both sun and to ben, say the pregnancy is only at 53 days, when actually it is at 95 or whatever.  and try to "cure" sun.  when sun lives and delivers a baby  (albiet EARLY), TA DA, juliet has "cured her" and gets a ticket off the island, the losties trust her and the others revere her as a saint.  she'll be LONG GONE before anyone realizes otherwise.

Offline lostieloo

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 11:54:58 AM »
I agree with ladybug...I don't think Sun's pregnancy is at 53 days.  It just doesn't jive with the show's timeline.  The thing that Juliet wants most, and will probably do anything to get, is to get off the island.  It's a strong motivator.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 11:57:03 AM »
DOes the show time line specifically show every time Sun and Jin screwed around?? She is telling the truth.

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 11:58:36 AM »
The 'I hate you' at the end of the voice recording kinda made me believe Juliet was telling the truth.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 12:02:41 PM »
ditto, she did not say it for the benifit of anyone else. She was a alone. She just wants to go home.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 12:16:10 PM »
ditto, she did not say it for the benifit of anyone else. She was a alone. She just wants to go home.
i agree.  but don't you think that if juliet lied about the dates and sun ends up having a healthy baby a few weeks early that then it will make juliet look all the better than if juliet had told sun she was really pg before she came to the island?  i just think it's a possiblity.  i believe that yes she could be 53 days pg, she's on a beach with her hubby, i'm sure they've done the nasty.  BUT WHAT IF JULIET IS LYING.  that would benefit JULIET, which i think most of us can agree, is her main goal. 

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 12:20:59 PM »
I agree with ladybug...I don't think Sun's pregnancy is at 53 days.  It just doesn't jive with the show's timeline.  The thing that Juliet wants most, and will probably do anything to get, is to get off the island.  It's a strong motivator.

Actually it does jive I think
Remember Jin and Sun had problems/issues and only after he went off on the raft and came back alive did they get "closer"
So I think the timeline is right on
I don't think she lied to Sun
I don't think she had a reason to lie

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 12:24:59 PM »
i agree.  but don't you think that if juliet lied about the dates and sun ends up having a healthy baby a few weeks early that then it will make juliet look all the better than if juliet had told sun she was really pg before she came to the island?  i just think it's a possiblity.  i believe that yes she could be 53 days pg, she's on a beach with her hubby, i'm sure they've done the nasty.  BUT WHAT IF JULIET IS LYING.  that would benefit JULIET, which i think most of us can agree, is her main goal. 

LB  agree that this could be possible and it would be kind of interesting.  I really don't think she lied though

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 12:27:50 PM »
Good theory but I don't buy into it.
The baby is Jins and for once Juliet didn't lie about the DOC. Sun got PG on the island and that is what I am gonna go with.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 12:30:44 PM »
What if juliet lied to Sun and Ben?

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 12:50:14 PM »
What if she did? 

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 12:53:45 PM »
What if she lied to her secretery 4 years ago??