Author Topic: Who did Mikhail (Patchy) Expect to find in that vicinity?  (Read 12735 times)

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Who did Mikhail (Patchy) Expect to find in that vicinity?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 11:06:58 AM »
Hello - Coleen died and they burned her and set her out to sea.  9 women died during pregnancy.  The zombie season is season 7 or 8.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 11:12:25 AM »
My question would be ...what was he even doing in that particular area?
Did he know that someone dropped and was trying to find them?
Was he sent? and if so by whom?
And he wanted to be let go to go where? 

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 11:16:27 AM »
WHY DIDN'T MIKAIL HAVE A GUN?  HE SHOT SAYID.  HE ALMOST SHOT BEN/JULIET.  YET HERE HE IS RUNNING THROUGH THE JUNGLE WITH ABANDON.  WHO DID HE EXPECT TO FIND

WHY DIDN'T MIKAIL HAVE A GUN?  He shot Sayid.  He almost shot Ben / Juliet.  He survived the purge.  Yet, here he is running through the jungle unarmed and with abandon. 

If it were a Dharma rescue....carry a gun.
If it were the losties....carry a gun.
If it were a downed helicopter....carry a gun.
If it were another castaway....carry a gun.
If it, you get the point.

To restate, Ben would know where the "Others" went on their week long vacation, would not expect the losties here, and didn't seem to think it was any of the circumstances above that would require a gun.  So, who did he expect to find?

Other Other's.  Mikail is Switzerland and there is more than one group of the little bastards.

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 11:19:10 AM »
He was following the flare...he was expecting to find something or someone that's for sure.

Maybe once an Other fakes their death they get taken off the island? Weak I know...

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 11:42:31 AM »
My question would be ...what was he even doing in that particular area?
Did he know that someone dropped and was trying to find them?
Was he sent? and if so by whom?
And he wanted to be let go to go where? 

i think he laid on the ground where he "died" and got healed.  he didn't make it to the compound in time to leave with the others.  (he was probably behind sayid, locke and kate, he didn't want them to find out he was alive)  i think he's on his way to wherever the others went when they left the compound.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 11:43:41 AM »
WHY DIDN'T MIKAIL HAVE A GUN?  HE SHOT SAYID.  HE ALMOST SHOT BEN/JULIET.  YET HERE HE IS RUNNING THROUGH THE JUNGLE WITH ABANDON.  WHO DID HE EXPECT TO FIND

WHY DIDN'T MIKAIL HAVE A GUN?  He shot Sayid.  He almost shot Ben / Juliet.  He survived the purge.  Yet, here he is running through the jungle unarmed and with abandon. 

To restate, Ben would know where the "Others" went on their week long vacation, would not expect the losties here, and didn't seem to think it was any of the circumstances above that would require a gun.  So, who did he expect to find?

Other Other's.  Mikail is Switzerland and there is more than one group of the little bastards.

patchy didn't have a gun when he went through the fence, so he doesn't have a gun now.  he's been making his way to where the others are. 

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 11:45:50 AM »
He sure was running fast though.  Was he running from something(smokie) or someone(Danielle, others, polar bear)?

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 11:48:08 AM »

And where would Patchy get a gun? His station was destroyed, and the Others are gone. Not to mention WHY? Why would he need one? :-\

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 11:52:53 AM »
Puffy, Puffy, Puffy.......

He was a prisoner of Lockes, Sayid and Kate. He was pushed into a sonic fence that made him unconscious. He is lost and alone. Stop over analizing this.

Offline a_dot_out

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 11:59:08 AM »
Either this was a plant, and he was sent to steal the phone AWAY from the Losties, or he assumed the helicopter was sent for the Others.

Others 101 includes a class on sneaking through the woods at all times.  Notice he was running to the scene (and running to escape) but when he made off with the phone, he walked slowly away...even though he heard Jin running after him.

My opinion is that he thought the mission was for the Others and was genuinly suprised that the campers were already there.  It's almost as if the knew she'd be there in advance!

btw, I believe that the phrase Naomi used which Mickey translated was something about "there are more with me (from the chopper)" but he told the campers that she said "thank you for saving me".
Or he could have seen the flare and came running to investigate.

I think you are both sort of right. I think he was already on a mission (re: my previous Goodwin/Ethan comparison) to locate potential survivors. The flare just made his job a little easier.

And where would Patchy get a gun? His station was destroyed, and the Others are gone. Not to mention WHY? Why would he need one? :-\

I am confident that Mikhail could obtain a gun if it was needed. All of the weapons on the Island were not stored in his station. If Juliet is leaving tape recorded messages for Ben, I am sure someone could deliver Mikhail a gun if he needed or even wanted one. In fact, there are probably alternative locations where he could retrieve a gun on his own if necessary.

He did not have a gun (at least one that he wanted to show off to the Losties) because his purpose was not to kill.

Offline miketrapasso

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 01:12:44 PM »
I pictured Mikhail getting up after the sonic fence thingy happened, going to the Barracks, finding it deserted, then running off to where the Others are, whether or not he knew where that was.  On his way, he either saw the flare and ran towards it, or just ran into Desmond and Co. by accident.  As for his interaction with Naomi, that did seem a little strange...

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 01:16:28 PM »
Sayid was chained to the swing set for 3 days, so did it take Patchy 3 days to "heal" and get back to the barracks? 

Offline eelpie62

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 01:59:44 PM »
A bright, flashing beacon fell from the sky. He could have seen it from quite a distance.
Des & Co. were eight hours from the beach camp. Patchy could have been equally far and just heading towards the beacon when Hugo shot the flare, bringing him in more quickly.

Offline jillybean4u

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 02:06:58 PM »
Didn't they check to see if Patchy was dead?  I thought they did.  Why would he be able to heal from dying and Boone, Shannon, Ana Lucia, etc. not be able to?

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2007, 02:07:32 PM »
You guys have to understand that I am not dogmatic in these posts.  I like to think of them as a thought exercise and see where they go. 

I'm sympathetic to the explanations that Mikail maybe didn't think he needed a gun, even though this seems out of character for him, but I wonder if Mikail's real mission was simply to do what he did....try and take any form of communications.

That brings up secondary points....Why would Mikail want such communication?  It is probably true that the others have lost their comm station.  So, this could be one reason....to restore a method of communicating with the outside world.   Another reason would be that Mikail must insure that nobody else has such communication.  This would allow the Losties to contact the outside world (if there is one) and pretty soon you would have condo's on the banks of Otherville.  Sign me up now!

Finally, Mikail may want the communication to call for more outsiders.  Why?  I don't know.  Just throwing that out there.