Author Topic: Who did Mikhail (Patchy) Expect to find in that vicinity?  (Read 12535 times)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Who did Mikhail (Patchy) Expect to find in that vicinity?
« on: April 26, 2007, 01:30:40 AM »
Unarmed, alone, and without caution....he stumbles onto the group.  From this, I conclude that Mikail did not see or hear the helicopter go down.  (He would have then been more cautious).

He didn't anticipate it being the Losties by their location.

So, he must have expected to run into somebody else.

If Mikail is cohesive with the group of Other's who disappeared for a week, then he would know their whereabouts and would not expect them as the source of the flare. 

So, we are to deduce that either Mikail has no knowledge of the recent actions of the "Others" and was left behind, died and was reborn (whereupon he has no knowledge of the recent actions of the "Others), or there is another group of Others entirely...and it was members of this group that he expected to run upon.

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Who did Mikhail (Patchy) Expect to find in that vicinity?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 01:33:23 AM »
That doesnt......nevermind. :-\

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 01:38:34 AM »
Unarmed, alone, and without caution....he stumbles onto the group.  From this, I conclude that Mikail did not see or hear the helicopter go down.  (He would have then been more cautious).

If Mikail is cohesive with the group of Other's who disappeared for a week, then he would know their whereabouts and would not expect them as the source of the flare. 

So, we are to deduce that either Mikail has no knowledge of the recent actions of the "Others" and was left behind, died and was reborn (whereupon he has no knowledge of the recent actions of the "Others), or there is another group of Others entirely...and it was members of this group that he expected to run upon.
Great point. Forgot all about that.  Your ideas are interesting.  But what about the possibility that maybe he saw the chopper crash the night before, assumed the flare was from them, and is hoping it is some sort of re-enforcements/rescue team? Remember, they hadn't been able to communicate with the outside world since The Swan Station imploded.  So, they may be hoping for someone from whoever they work for coming to find them.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 01:39:42 AM »
I think he is in a different realm of other.  I dont know if you noticed in the preview before the show tonight but there is a scene where it shows alot of people in tents in the middle of the field.  I dont think the others would leave there houses to go to some tents.   

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 02:23:52 AM »
If they're going somewhere deep into the island where they have no shelter, they could bring tents to set up camp.

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 02:25:43 AM »
If they're going somewhere deep into the island where they have no shelter, they could bring tents to set up camp.
I'd go as far as to say that is more likely than not what did happen.  Where else would the go? The only other option is to the 2nd island, and we 1) don't know how they go between the two islands without the sub, and 2) we don't know that there are any real living quarters over there.   

Offline a_dot_out

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 03:53:48 AM »

I am fairly certain that Mikhail stumbled upon the Losties with purpose. In fact, I believe he was ordered to do so and make it appear as if it was a completely accidental happenstance. Possibly a Goodwin/Ethan sort of mission. Also possibly a reconnaissance mission if the parachutist is in fact an Other. I like the theory presented in the Investigations section, that she was speaking multiple languages with a safe phrase to determine whom was capable of understanding what languages finally settling on the final language only Mikhail could understand. 

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 07:45:24 AM »

Well yeah...he was a bit dead/incapacitaed from the fence...so your saying?????

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 09:47:17 AM »

"The puppy was getting bigger...." - Billy Madison

Anyway, I think that he was sent along the lines of Ethan and Goodwin, so I agree with a_dot_out. He seemed to be going full steam towards the flare.

Also, I dont think he ever died. I think he either acted, or has a similar implant to Claire which allowed for them to be controled to a point. I am not big on raising from the dead theories...

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 10:08:28 AM »
Mikail ran full speed after seeing the flare toward what he thought would be DHARMA reinforcements. After the explosion at the FLAME station by Locke pressing 77 it sent a relay back to "the main land" where DHARMA headquarters is. This is out parachutist Naomi.
Thus Mikail may have had a implant to make him look like he died. But I am assuming he did actually die and brought back to life by the island.
Thus is Ms. Klue alive?
Why would Mikail say " Thank you" when pushed into the microwave fence by Locke? Did this release Mikail from something (i.e. a tomented past)
Mikail as a field doc - I would like to know what wars he has seen.
Funny also to see Mikial take the phone. He already knows that supposedly the FLAME station was not working so how would the phone work? Was the FLAME actually still operational? Who could the other person with Naomi be? I hope Penny but that's a stretch.
Did DHARMA set up another fake plane crash to cover up the original flight 185?
This I know is my theory I think about the DHARMA military coming.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 10:11:53 AM »
He did not die, people who die on the island stay dead.
Puffy
Your premise that he was looking for someone is flawed. He could of just been trying to get somewhere. Going back to the Othersville, going to the meeting spot of the others who knows.

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 10:14:04 AM »
He did not die, people who die on the island stay dead.
Puffy
Your premise that he was looking for someone is flawed. He could of just been trying to get somewhere. Going back to the Othersville, going to the meeting spot of the others who knows.
Juggy take a deep breath and count to ten........ :(

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 10:21:25 AM »
Either this was a plant, and he was sent to steal the phone AWAY from the Losties, or he assumed the helicopter was sent for the Others.

Others 101 includes a class on sneaking through the woods at all times.  Notice he was running to the scene (and running to escape) but when he made off with the phone, he walked slowly away...even though he heard Jin running after him.

My opinion is that he thought the mission was for the Others and was genuinly suprised that the campers were already there.  It's almost as if the knew she'd be there in advance!

btw, I believe that the phrase Naomi used which Mickey translated was something about "there are more with me (from the chopper)" but he told the campers that she said "thank you for saving me".

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 10:25:20 AM »
Either this was a plant, and he was sent to steal the phone AWAY from the Losties, or he assumed the helicopter was sent for the Others.

Others 101 includes a class on sneaking through the woods at all times.  Notice he was running to the scene (and running to escape) but when he made off with the phone, he walked slowly away...even though he heard Jin running after him.

My opinion is that he thought the mission was for the Others and was genuinly suprised that the campers were already there.  It's almost as if the knew she'd be there in advance!

btw, I believe that the phrase Naomi used which Mickey translated was something about "there are more with me (from the chopper)" but he told the campers that she said "thank you for saving me".
Or he could have seen the flare and came running to investigate.

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 10:27:05 AM »

Or he could have seen the flare and came running to investigate.
I agree. 
I guess we'll just have to adjust