Author Topic: Why have a secret sonogram room?  (Read 12117 times)

Offline ILoveLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Why have a secret sonogram room?
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2007, 12:11:13 PM »
I feel like we saw this room before...I know a few people mentioned Claire was in it but did we see any of the other women in these rooms...maybe I'm wrong but I feel like we saw someone other than claire in a room like this.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2007, 01:14:12 PM »
Ethan maybe.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2007, 02:43:51 PM »
I dont think it's a secret sonogram room...or that isnt it's original purpose...the Swan had blast doors, now the Staff has a huge blast door....The stuff stored in there was originally in one of the other rooms...

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2007, 12:53:56 AM »
I don't want to write it off as storage just yet!  I can understand that they would want to have a secret room to hide things in to make the hatch appear abandoned, but that is not what the origin of the Staff was about.  Unless original Dharma had a problem with people wandering in off the street that they would have to store their stuff so secretly, the designers of the hatch would have no need for a secret storage room with a foot thick door.   I'm sure there were plenty of closets built in to store their things.  It is my belief that the secret room was designed for something specific.... like a holding cell, either for pregnant women there against their will, or for quarantined people.  They are just using it for storage now because they ran out of pregnant women to hold there, or all the others are cured of the sickness.  Plus, didn't Juliet tell Sun that this is where the women came to die?  I don't see them bringing their dying to a glorified closet.

That is what I was getting at in the original post.  I understand that the Others are using it as storage to create the illusion it was abandoned, but they didn't build the hatch originally.  Just seemed a strange thing to have in a medical facility.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2007, 10:25:53 PM »
Possibly for quarantine's or to hide a tunnel? Which was insinuated by Ben and Juliet being barefoot in the Pearl when Paolo's was there.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2007, 11:19:24 PM »
Yeah that could be!  Maybe it was smokie's bedroom.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2007, 11:31:46 PM »
Don't think its smokies bedroom. Underground tunnel access makes sense though since the others would want to hide their tracks and we know ben was checking for Juliets tape-recording in that room. Doubt he'd take the risk of showing up at the same time as Sun and Juliet.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2007, 11:36:30 PM »
I just have to wonder what the original use was.  If Dharma had planned on a Utopian type society, why hide things like tunnels from each other?  I think it was most likely built to keep people in who didn't want to be there.  If doesn't seem like the right set up for quarantine victims either.  You'd have to open the door, exposing the rest of the hatch if you ever wanted to give food or medicine. 

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2007, 01:17:00 AM »
I feel like we saw this room before...I know a few people mentioned Claire was in it but did we see any of the other women in these rooms...maybe I'm wrong but I feel like we saw someone other than claire in a room like this.

Are you talking about the Juliet-centric episode when they were working on a woman, and she died?

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2007, 01:35:28 AM »
I just have to wonder what the original use was.  If Dharma had planned on a Utopian type society, why hide things like tunnels from each other?  I think it was most likely built to keep people in who didn't want to be there.  If doesn't seem like the right set up for quarantine victims either.  You'd have to open the door, exposing the rest of the hatch if you ever wanted to give food or medicine. 
Dharma called the others "hostiles" so maybe they were trying to avoid contact with the others. Or maybe Dharma was doing fertility research on the others. They don't get cancer, but now they can't have babies w/o moms dying

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2007, 09:45:14 AM »
I think you are all missing something - I know Katie Holmes was quiet as a church mouse but when I had my babies I screamed the hospital down - I bet they wish there was 12" thick sound proofed doors at Burnley General!!

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2007, 11:51:59 AM »
I think ...yep I would say that pretty much sums it up. 8)

Kate is smart enough to make him use the backdoor!
Come on y'all!  She is a con artist also!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 12:08:09 PM by WG?JIFFY »