Author Topic: On This Island, Wounds Are A Bit Different....  (Read 13962 times)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: On This Island, Wounds Are A Bit Different....
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2007, 03:47:18 PM »
ya, but he said "on this island"

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2007, 03:56:35 PM »
Semantics!!!!

Tomato tomahto!

Offline a_dot_out

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2007, 04:23:11 PM »
Although this could imply the existence of other accelerated healing Islands it also could simply imply solely The Island and the The Island alone (i.e. "this place") in comparison to the rest of the islands/landmasses in the world.

Offline TXFlyboy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »
I guess I'm just waiting to see how Sayids arm is.  Patchy shot him the same day (or one earlier at most) he got shoved into the bug zapper.  So if Patchy is okay, and Naomi should be okay in a day +1/2 , then Sayid ought to be running around winning every dang arm wrestling contest on the island.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2007, 04:42:50 PM »
semantics.....life is semantics.  you guys are being anti-semantites.

mikail first states that the wound will heal in a day.

when the group expresses some disbelief, he corrects...on this island, a day and a half.

now, this dialogue was the sum basis of this thread.

mikail, who is obviously familar with the islands and their healing properties, would only need to make such a correction if the individual islands had different healing abilities.  

if one believes that mikail was comparing this island against the rest of the world, then mikail is VERY wrong.  chest tubes don't come out in a day.

so stop being anti-semantites.  what he said, as with the rest of his dialogue, was very precise.

the issues brought up are what causes the differential healing, why is mikail alive, can you move dead people to the source and they come back to life, and is this where the others are heading?

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2007, 07:10:30 PM »
Although this could imply the existence of other accelerated healing Islands it also could simply imply solely The Island and the The Island alone (i.e. "this place") in comparison to the rest of the islands/landmasses in the world.

thanks for this

i said the same thing on page one

thankfully i wasnt an english major

<-----------rolling his eyes