Author Topic: Juliet: "I hate you."  (Read 19872 times)

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Juliet: "I hate you."
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2007, 04:38:11 PM »
Ahhh thanks, well I usually do!  ::)

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2007, 08:11:29 PM »
I think Juliette is worse than some of the others - at least they are honest in their nastiness - she is sly and duplicitous and is only doing things that will serve her in some way. I thought the I hate you comment to Ben was self pitying and it made me dislike her even more.

Offline joshzam

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2007, 08:41:56 PM »
Juliet is obviously very manipulative and simple logic tells us that she should not have been trusted and brought back to the Losties' beach camp (they've got nothing to gain and everything to lose). I am personally torn as to whether she is essentially good or evil, but until we see a flashback episode for anyone other than the Losties (our heroes, the good guys), I am forced to believe that Juliet is good and will do the right thing in the end. I feel that flashbacks are reserved for the good guys.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2007, 11:29:13 AM »
Don't agree that Juliet is ALL Bad

And JB I had many people hate me for saying that the others were not all bad depending on the perspective that you looked at things.

I think Juliet is out for Juliet YES but... I really do beleive that if given the choice she would go against the others and Ben before she would go against the Losties.

I think she will continue to surprise us, but ultimately I think she will turn out to be  one of the "good ones"
We saw her pre-island and she didn't stike me as a "bad" person.
I guess hurry up and wait and see

i completely agree.  i want to add though that juliet may lie and she may still betray the idea of what we think she is, or should do, but ultimately we will find out that she is GOOD.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2007, 11:32:01 AM »
Pull a Cotton Mouth out of a box full of rattle snakes just because its not like the rest....its still a snake your holding and a dangerous one at that.
yes, but you can also say:  Pull a Black Snake out of a box of rattle snakes, and even though it IS like the rest (a snake), it's NOT a dangerous one.

Offline ILoveLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2007, 12:04:18 PM »
This line makes me think that Juliet is acting against her will. I know everyone is saying don't trust her, but maybe she's actually trying to help the Losties in some way. I mean really, Sun DOES need help or she'll die... same with Kate if she turns out to be pregnant.

I totally agree that Juliet is acting against her will, and even believe that she hates Ben...I'll even take it a step further and say that she is a good person deep down. However, I think she will do anything to get off of the island and Ben is her only way off (that we or she knows of). This is why I don't trust her around the losties. She says "I hate you" but she still leaves the message for Ben, and she doesn't leave that part of the message for him. Even though she doesn't want to do what she's doing she is still doing it (Hope that makes sense...lol)

I started a thread a few shows back that said So, now we are supposed to feel sorry for Juliet. I guess I kinda do but because of this I don't trust her. I've tried to put myself in her position over the last few weeks...If I was stranded on an Island with family I loved back home, I would do ANYTHING to get back to them. I'm sure she feels bad for what she is doing but she HAS to in order to get home. I think I would do the same. But this does make her a threat to the losties in my opinion.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2007, 01:12:31 PM »
Pull a Cotton Mouth out of a box full of rattle snakes just because its not like the rest....its still a snake your holding and a dangerous one at that.
yes, but you can also say:  Pull a Black Snake out of a box of rattle snakes, and even though it IS like the rest (a snake), it's NOT a dangerous one.
That was exactly what I was gonna say (just with a garden snake ;) ) Juliet is an OTHER, but she has been placed there and being held against her will. She might bite, but the bite isn't gonna kill you... just sting a little. She's benign, but being used by the King Cobra (Ben) for something she doesn't WANT to do.

Now sure, I'm not going to give her a rifle, but I trust her more than I trust Sun.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2007, 01:28:09 PM »
Juliet's favorite book is "Carrie" I think this is telling. Juliet was asked to the prom (island) only to be left behind. She's upset that she trusted them and was betrayed (branded). Gee I hope she has telekenesis. That would be awesome! Can't wait to see her go all bad-a$$ on Ben. Her emotions are powerful and I think maybe can take some other form.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2007, 03:38:11 PM »
Your theory is still wrong. Juliet may help the losties but for only her own personal gain. She is a self serving killer, just like the rest of the others.

with all due respect juggy, no ones theory can be wrong per say until proven, and the jury is still out on all this :)

with that being said, my thought is juliet is still a good soul deep down, i dont think she will kill any losties, unless her life is threatened, and i dont think she will do anything ben says because he is her ticket off the island.....its obvious that her little bob dylan skit was true, based on the little "i hate you ben", so if he is her ONLY ticket off the island why kill him??

now i think the reason she is playing both sides of the fence is to gain the losties trust, she cant just up and go against the others without having a definite trust with the losties, simply because she cant be on her own

i think she is helping Sun (and possibly Kate) because she truly wants to see her work actually work......i cant imagine her watching a pregnant woman die without trying to help no matter who it is, its not in her nature

so yes, she has done what she's needed to in order to survive, but to say she is a heartless cold killer is a bit much, i mean some losties have killed people themselves but it was out of survival

Offline ILoveLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2007, 05:28:04 PM »
Your theory is still wrong. Juliet may help the losties but for only her own personal gain. She is a self serving killer, just like the rest of the others.

with all due respect juggy, no ones theory can be wrong per say until proven, and the jury is still out on all this :)

with that being said, my thought is juliet is still a good soul deep down, i dont think she will kill any losties, unless her life is threatened, and i dont think she will do anything ben says because he is her ticket off the island.....its obvious that her little bob dylan skit was true, based on the little "i hate you ben", so if he is her ONLY ticket off the island why kill him??

now i think the reason she is playing both sides of the fence is to gain the losties trust, she cant just up and go against the others without having a definite trust with the losties, simply because she cant be on her own

i think she is helping Sun (and possibly Kate) because she truly wants to see her work actually work......i cant imagine her watching a pregnant woman die without trying to help no matter who it is, its not in her nature

so yes, she has done what she's needed to in order to survive, but to say she is a heartless cold killer is a bit much, i mean some losties have killed people themselves but it was out of survival

Your post has a lot of really good points that I can spin in my direction too...lol (everything with lost has at least two ways things could go)

As for your question why kill him?? I assume you're talking about her playing that movie for Jack while he was captured. I still think Ben told her to do that, this way Jack would trust her. Ben knows an aweful lot about each of the losties and I think he knew enough about Jack's character to take that bet.

As for her playing both sides of the fence again I think Ben has been setting her up as someone they could trust since the beginning.

I do agree that she wants her work to actually work, but I think that may be a little more selfish than you made it sound. I know that deep down Juliet isw (or used to be) a good person but she was kinda always out for herself (she did leave her pregnant sister who was under her care to go do this research). And I also agree that she is not a heartless cold killer but she will go along with enough plans that have had many of these losties being kidnapped and held against their will.

Juliet will do ANYTHING to go home.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2007, 08:48:57 PM »

i completely agree with you lou.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2007, 12:12:29 PM »
I think Juliet has a stronger connection with the Losties than the Others.  They are both being used by Ben and held against their will.  She had no worries killing Pickett because to her, he was part of the problem- the 'monster' that was holding her there.  Not saying she will go to any great lengths to help the Losties off the island, but she has or needs a community feeling from these people.

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2007, 02:36:44 PM »
I think Juliet is 100% helping Juliet.  She will do whatever, help/hurt/kill whoever to save herself and her sister.  She will use whoever can help her the most and now that is Ben, but I dont see her being loyal to anyone but herself. 
And I in turn agree with you 100%

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2007, 02:45:55 PM »
I still think she is very trustworthy in comparison to the rest of the Others (such as Pickett and Ben)
She has a heart and a conscience. But she is still one of them!

I always knew you were a snake handler  ::)

Good point Rick. I like that comparison!

Offline LoniZeppelin

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2007, 07:55:45 PM »
i have never not trusted juliet. i always thought she was stuck there and never wanted to be there. she does what ben says hoping for in return he will let her leave from his captive. she always seemed sincere to me and i never thought she was bad. my whole family disagreed with me until last week til the "i hate you" yes she did some bad things to people but also killed that guy to let kate and sawyer go... so shes cool in my book. always nice to jack. i would do whatever i could to get of the island of scerets lies and decite to! she a good person..[/glow][/glow][/glow]