Author Topic: Juliet: "I hate you."  (Read 17289 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Juliet: "I hate you."
« on: April 26, 2007, 12:26:43 AM »
This line makes me think that Juliet is acting against her will. I know everyone is saying don't trust her, but maybe she's actually trying to help the Losties in some way. I mean really, Sun DOES need help or she'll die... same with Kate if she turns out to be pregnant.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Juliet: "I hate you."
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 12:29:42 AM »
She didn't depress the record button on that statement.  I think that she is unhappy with the difficult task she has been assigned.  But, if she is, why is she doing it?  Why is she still loyal to Ben and a partner in his manipulations?

Did he again promise to get her off of the island?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 12:39:27 AM »
Maybe because as long as Ben doesn't know that she's doing it for the Losties, then he won't get in her way... Plus he wants to know more about the pregnancies and if they can have kids and not die.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 12:48:11 AM »
I agree with you JB.  She is taking advantage of the situation to help the Losties, while still keeping face with the Others.  We'll find out in one island week!

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 12:51:24 AM »
I don't think there is any doubt that she is conflicted about her role in all of this.  While she is a good liar, we've seen her frustration on so many different occasions, as well as her overwhelming desire to leave the island.  The question is simply whether or not she is, has, or will do anything to actively help the castaways. 

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 01:58:54 AM »
Ben is abviously holding something over her head maybe saying if you want your sister to stay alive then you do what i say.

Ben knows that jullietes sister is the only person in the world that means anything to her.

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 02:18:42 AM »
Ben is abviously holding something over her head maybe saying if you want your sister to stay alive then you do what i say.

Ben knows that jullietes sister is the only person in the world that means anything to her.
It may be nothing more than the fact that she thinks the Others will kill her if she refuses to comply, or she thinks she can't survive on her own on the island with the smoke monster and all sorts of other craziness around.  That's why she keeps begging to be taken home, but when refused, doesn't rebel further. 

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 02:43:09 AM »
I think Juliet would be more concerned about Ben killing her sister than killing her.  I think that she is 100% helping Ben, and not actually planning to help the losties at this point, but I think that scene was to show us that she isn't happy about it.  She's helping Ben because she feels that's her only way out right now, and the only way to keep her sister safe.  However, if she gets the chance, and can ensure her sister lives and she get's off the island, then she would sacrifice the losties I think.

Offline Kinuvia

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 02:47:50 AM »

It may be nothing more than the fact that she thinks the Others will kill her if she refuses to comply, or she thinks she can't survive on her own on the island with the smoke monster and all sorts of other craziness around.  That's why she keeps begging to be taken home, but when refused, doesn't rebel further. 

I STILL think that Juliet is pregnant. She is going along with Ben because she conceived on the island (with Goodwin) and she knows she's going to die unless she gets off the island.  She is doing everything/anything she can do to try and leave before her time is up.  ::)

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 06:51:25 AM »
I think Juliet is 100% helping Juliet.  She will do whatever, help/hurt/kill whoever to save herself and her sister.  She will use whoever can help her the most and now that is Ben, but I dont see her being loyal to anyone but herself. 
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 09:38:39 AM »

I STILL think that Juliet is pregnant. She is going along with Ben because she conceived on the island (with Goodwin) and she knows she's going to die unless she gets off the island.  She is doing everything/anything she can do to try and leave before her time is up.  ::)

She would be taking part in some fairly physical activities if she was pregnant. It would be at least 3 months and she'd be showing some, or so I would believe...

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 10:50:31 AM »
I don't think there is any doubt that she is conflicted about her role in all of this.  While she is a good liar, we've seen her frustration on so many different occasions, as well as her overwhelming desire to leave the island.  The question is simply whether or not she is, has, or will do anything to actively help the castaways. 
i TOTALLY agree.  i think she is completely conflicted and frustrated.
Ben is abviously holding something over her head
yep, but i don't think it's her sister.  juliet's job on the island is/was to make pregnant women NOT die.  she has not accomplished her job yet, and as long as she hasn't ben will not let her go home.  she hates him because he won't let her leave.  she is helping sun for 2 reasons.  1)  juliet is human, she doesn't want anyone to die.  if she saves sun and the baby's life, the losties will trust her.  2)  if she saves sun and the baby, ben will let her off the island. 

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 10:52:55 AM »
I think Juliet is 100% helping Juliet.  She will do whatever, help/hurt/kill whoever to save herself and her sister.  She will use whoever can help her the most and now that is Ben, but I dont see her being loyal to anyone but herself. 

Well stated!!

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 11:06:30 AM »

Well stated!!

I think Juliet is way bad, one of the things that stick with me about her was early on, she pulled a gun on Kate (I think it was Kate) and Kate later said something like "I KNOW she would've killed me..."

And I really friggin' hate that s***eating smirk of hers! If I were one of those Losties she'd have a red, stinging mark on her cheek about the size of my hand ;-)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 11:07:54 AM »
Close Sawyer told Kate that Juliet would of shot her in a second. But the idea is there, she is cold and is only looking out for herself.