Author Topic: Juliet: "I hate you."  (Read 17706 times)

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
Re: Juliet: "I hate you."
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 11:21:18 AM »
I agree that Juliette is out to help herself and her sister...
but I do see a human side to her and I agree with LB that on some level she wants her work to finally matter and deep down she is good. 
She really never knew what she was in for when she came to the island and is doing her best to survive the nightmare.

As for whether she will betray the Losties?
not sure yet...I think she will do whatever is necessary to achieve her goal and I think that would be to get home to her sister, so if that means betraying the Losties then she will.  But I think she would do the same with Ben if it served her purpose.

I do think she will continue to surprise us.
I do not think she is evil.

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 11:41:01 AM »
I think the purpose of the Juliet flashbacks is to show us that she was NOTHING like this in her pre-island life. That part still makes me hold out hope that she will eventually do right by the right people. Yes, she's being incredibly pragmatic and focused, but I can't help thinking she's not a heartless b*tch by nature. At least, she wasn't in her "real" life.

An experience like this can change a person, yes, but it usually wouldn't change your sense of right and wrong.

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 11:43:24 AM »
Jug or Thlay had it right!
Juliet is out for Juliet.  She is not necessarily evil as long as you can help her off the island, then she will be nice to your face.  But if you can't help her off, then watch the hell out because she is gonna run you down if that is what it takes.  

Juliet is a "B" and that is that.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 11:47:25 AM »
I think the purpose of the Juliet flashbacks is to show us that she was NOTHING like this in her pre-island life. That part still makes me hold out hope that she will eventually do right by the right people. Yes, she's being incredibly pragmatic and focused, but I can't help thinking she's not a heartless b*tch by nature. At least, she wasn't in her "real" life.

An experience like this can change a person, yes, but it usually wouldn't change your sense of right and wrong.

YES! AND I AGREE!
Maybe it is what I want to be true
but we have seen the way she was pre-island
She has to do whatever it takes now to survive
But in the end she will do the right thing

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 01:43:06 PM »
Juliet is only concerned about Juliet.
She'll do anything to get what she wants, and that is to get out of the island. She doesn't give a crap if it requires sacrificing Sun and her baby, Kate, or Jack for that matter.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 02:50:15 PM »
Ben mentioned that Sabina knew she could die by getting pregnant. She knew the ramifications and was willing to take the risk. However the losties didn't have that choice. They were not volunteers. Does Juliet resent Ben for not allowing them to have free will?

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 02:51:28 PM »
I think Juliet is 100% helping Juliet.  She will do whatever, help/hurt/kill whoever to save herself and her sister.  She will use whoever can help her the most and now that is Ben, but I dont see her being loyal to anyone but herself. 

Well stated!!
Ditto!

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 03:32:25 PM »
If Juliet "only cares about Juliet" and will f*** over anyone in her quest to do what is best for her, she would never say "I hate you" to Ben, especially when she knows nobody can hear her. Saying that means that her emotions and heart are not into what she is presently doing...and if she "only cares about Juliet" then her emotions would not be effected one iota by what she's doing, because she would see it as helping and furthering her own needs and agenda.

It's pretty obvious the writers want us to see that Juliet is not simply a manipulative b*tch, and that the friendly woman who lived in Florida who was genuine and sincere in her desire to help women become pregnant is still there. They want that to be the wild card in all this...will she ultimately keep helping Ben or will she align herself with the Losties?

I guess Juliet's "I hate you" statement underscores her trying to get Jack to kill Ben on the operating table, huh lol...

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 05:38:47 PM »
If Juliet "only cares about Juliet" and will f*** over anyone in her quest to do what is best for her, she would never say "I hate you" to Ben, especially when she knows nobody can hear her.
She hates having to keep doing his deeds in order to (maybe) get away from the mess she put herself into. 

Offline miketrapasso

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 05:42:36 PM »
Sorry to whoever I'm stealing this joke from, but...if Juliet ends up betraying the Losties, i'll run around the site naked.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 05:58:53 PM »
If Juliet "only cares about Juliet" and will f*** over anyone in her quest to do what is best for her, she would never say "I hate you" to Ben, especially when she knows nobody can hear her.
She hates having to keep doing his deeds in order to (maybe) get away from the mess she put herself into. 

She didn't say "I hate this"...she said "I hate you". Not to mention that anyone who is truly only about what benefits them and them alone, doesn't really care about the deeds they have to do.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 10:00:59 PM »
Ok, I am the guy who came up with that insane theory back before S2 began that said what if the Others aren't all bad?

I'm am reviving that now to say that I think JULIET is GOOD! She wants to help the Losties, and I agree w/ Colonel Locke that Juliet won't betray them. She'll leave Ben first.

Rachel is out of her hands. She can't help Rachel and there's nothing that she can do to change Rachel's fate.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2007, 09:58:11 AM »
Your theory is still wrong. Juliet may help the losties but for only her own personal gain. She is a self serving killer, just like the rest of the others.

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2007, 10:01:18 AM »
I agree with you to a point Juggy, I think its all about getting off the island and getting back to her family. But also I think her sympathies are leaning toward the Losties and she has a thing for Jack.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 11:10:16 AM »
Don't agree that Juliet is ALL Bad

And JB I had many people hate me for saying that the others were not all bad depending on the perspective that you looked at things.

I think Juliet is out for Juliet YES but... I really do beleive that if given the choice she would go against the others and Ben before she would go against the Losties.

I think she will continue to surprise us, but ultimately I think she will turn out to be  one of the "good ones"
We saw her pre-island and she didn't stike me as a "bad" person.
I guess hurry up and wait and see