Author Topic: What did Naomi say to Mikhail?  (Read 16008 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: What did Naomi say to Mikhail?
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2007, 01:17:53 PM »
Why would Mikhail lie about her saying 'it hurts' though?  I don't know what she said, but it must have been something important for him to get all shifty about it...
I think he knew that everyone was rather uncomfortable about the whole operation... Saying "she said thanks" is better and more calming (and it garners trust towards him) than saying "She's in pain" I don't think there was anything really sinister behind his lie.

Offline joshzam

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2007, 10:38:59 PM »
It was a sinister lie. Mikhail did not want the Losties to know that there was someone with Naomi. It was obvious from the look on his face that he was lying and it was obvious what she said. I speak both Spanish and Portuguese and, without a doubt, I can confirm that she said, "I am not alone". No disrespect to your friend, JBRam, but have her listen to the audio herself before we start playing the telephone game.

Offline Tekkaman

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2007, 06:40:13 AM »
The others lost their way of communication and now there is a phone falling from the sky!
To make sure the others find this phone, hurley accidently shoots a flair so Mikhail who is in charge of the communication department finds the phone.

The magic box is real (and I want one ;D)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2007, 06:36:12 PM »
It was a sinister lie. Mikhail did not want the Losties to know that there was someone with Naomi. It was obvious from the look on his face that he was lying and it was obvious what she said. I speak both Spanish and Portuguese and, without a doubt, I can confirm that she said, "I am not alone". No disrespect to your friend, JBRam, but have her listen to the audio herself before we start playing the telephone game.
She did listen to the audio twice... but after listening to it again a few times, I'm going to have to agree that it says I am not alone... The audio is rather hard to hear in the episode, so I'm sure it's just a mistake.

Offline Maddog13

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2007, 06:32:59 AM »
I'm pretty sure that it is her bag... We'll find out soon if she recognizes the equipment or not...

However, I don't think she is English. She looks like she is Brazilian.

---------------------------------------------------

I just spoke to a native Brazilian. She said that she DID NOT say she is alone. She said the equivalent of "How painful!" which is doloroso in Portuguese. This would get the word "oso" that we thought we heard. So there isn't some big conspiracy... she's just saying that it hurts.
[/quote]

The only reason i thought she was English was because shes from a few TV programmes in England.  Would be silly for her to be picked for a brazilian part. Maybe shes a translator for Penny.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2007, 03:06:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure that it is her bag... We'll find out soon if she recognizes the equipment or not...

However, I don't think she is English. She looks like she is Brazilian.

---------------------------------------------------

Quote from: JBRam
I just spoke to a native Brazilian. She said that she DID NOT say she is alone. She said the equivalent of "How painful!" which is doloroso in Portuguese. This would get the word "oso" that we thought we heard. So there isn't some big conspiracy... she's just saying that it hurts.

The only reason i thought she was English was because shes from a few TV programmes in England.  Would be silly for her to be picked for a brazilian part. Maybe shes a translator for Penny.
The actress might be English, but I'm pretty sure that she's supposed to be Portuguese in this show... We'll see :D