Author Topic: They found 815?  (Read 26332 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: They found 815?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2007, 12:55:50 AM »
everyone seems to have taken this at face value, i mean at the end of the day we don't know anything about naomi so like most people in lost she could be lying. just throwing it out.
I agree... we don't know if she's trustworthy or not yet...

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2007, 12:58:05 AM »
I'm sure it was all over the news.  I know I personally wouldn't care or remember that sort of thing, especially if it happened in a different country.  But for now, I believe her and I'm taking her at her word.  And I don't think she's going to live much longer anyways.  She'll end up like the federal marshal.

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2007, 01:00:06 AM »
everyone seems to have taken this at face value, i mean at the end of the day we don't know anything about naomi so like most people in lost she could be lying. just throwing it out.
I don't think it is so much taking it at face value as the fact that there seems like little incentive for her to lie.  Can you think of one?  It's certainly possible she is just incorrect (either a fake plane was planted or the person who was in charge of the search lied in his report of finding it).  But why would she knowingly lie? On who's behalf?  What would the Others have to gain? What would some 3rd party have to gain? What would be accomplished by telling the castaways that everyone thinks they are dead? 

Offline Pepsi-Maxx

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2007, 01:03:20 AM »
exactly thats what im saying we don't know naomi's back story or why shes on the island so she could be telling or the truth or covering up ya know

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2007, 01:07:55 AM »
exactly thats what im saying we don't know naomi's back story or why shes on the island so she could be telling or the truth or covering up ya know
I see what you're saying and I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you. But just because we don't know who she is doesn't mean my question is any less relevant.  Pick any identity for her you want. Who in the universe would have something to gain by lying to the castaways about everyone else thinking they are dead?  Why tell that lie? That's what I'm getting at.  I mean, if you've been missing for 90 days, you have to assume everyone is thinking you are dead already, even if they haven't found conclusive proof. So what would be gained by extending that one step further and falsely claiming the wreckage had been found? Personally, I can't think of a single thing, no matter who she is. Nor can I imagine how this would effect the behavior of the castaways, since they obviously can't take her word that they're dead at face value.  But there are a lot of creative people here, so maybe someone else can come up with something? 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 01:09:46 AM by dcnole »

Offline Pepsi-Maxx

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2007, 01:11:54 AM »
true im sure their will be many theories, but people have already suggested she is an other, and these people have been hoping for rescue, its their last hope so whats the best way to manipulate people (ben) so the best way to get people to do whatever you want is to take away their hope and to take the only thing they have.

Offline lili517

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2007, 01:12:56 AM »
I would think that someone would be knowledgable about the crash so I dont think Nioami is Lying.  The plane only crashed about 90 days ago and it involved many people from the U.S. (big deal country), people from australia (big deal country), and crashed mysteriously in the ocean.  This crash involved a whole hemisphere.  I'm pretty sure that Niaomi wouldn't be lying and that the crash and its 'recovery' would be a big deal and common knowledge at the time.

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2007, 01:28:47 AM »
true im sure their will be many theories, but people have already suggested she is an other, and these people have been hoping for rescue, its their last hope so whats the best way to manipulate people (ben) so the best way to get people to do whatever you want is to take away their hope and to take the only thing they have.
But do you really think that makes sense?  I mean, do you think that 1 woman's word will be enough to make these people just accept that they are dead and/or escape is impossible?  As I said, I think they all pretty much assume already that they won't be rescued by some search party. Search parties don't often search for 90 days, and they don't search the entire planet (and the castaways know they are 1000 miles off course).  Besides, even if these words by Naomi did have some effect, are we really supposed to believe that they'd just give up?  Even if nobody was looking for them, that doesn't mean they can't still be trying to get off the island or contact people somehow.  It just doesn't seem like anything much is to be gained by the Others planting this lie.  That's what I'm saying.  Hey, it's possible though, I guess.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2007, 01:46:19 AM »
I think that what most likely really happened was after the plain crashed somebody really powerful got in touch with oceanic.  Whether that is the Others, Jacob, Widmore, Mittletos, or someone else all together doesnt really matter.  All the is important here is that someone involved had Oceanic take a plain and put it on an island somewhere and make it appear to have crashed and say we have found flight 815 but sadly to say there are no survivors.

this seems most plausible to me.

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2007, 02:32:02 AM »
I definitely think the easiest answer is that she is lying -- for whatever reason. She wasn't supposed to injure herself, though. Perhaps she wasn't even supposed to be found by the Losties as she was, but had a backup plan, etc., in case things went wrong.

And when she crashed in the jungle, the Others sent Mikhail (who was a medic) to go help her out. He didn't expect to find Losties there, so he had to improvise too.

I think it's far harder to explain Mikhail being alive than it is Naomi lying!

Gahh, I LOVE THIS SHOW.  :)  It's the only show where I don't mind being in the dark half the time. It's part of the fun.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2007, 02:38:31 AM »
Why do the Others need her when they already infiltrated the survivors at least 4 times by now?  She's not lying.  And she wouldn't have had a picture of Desmond or known his name.  I don't think the Others even knew about Desmond.  They didn't know he had a boat, and that seems like the kind of information you'd want to be privy to when you're keeping an eye on someone on the island.  She was sent by Penny.  If she wasn't meant to be found by the Others, then they are really bad at planning things and probably should've mentioned the whacky electromagnetic properties of the island that seem to make things fall from the sky.

I think that what most likely really happened was after the plain crashed somebody really powerful got in touch with oceanic.  Whether that is the Others, Jacob, Widmore, Mittletos, or someone else all together doesnt really matter.  All the is important here is that someone involved had Oceanic take a plain and put it on an island somewhere and make it appear to have crashed and say we have found flight 815 but sadly to say there are no survivors.

this seems most plausible to me.
Then how do you explain the many scenes of people watching the plane crash on the island?  And that Kate remembered the whole crash?  And that people like the federal marshal were injured during the crash so it would've been highly unlikely and even pointless to keep such a person alive long enough survive the fake crash only to die on the island.  And the fact that it seems impossible to knock out a hundred passengers and transport them to the island where the have no recollection at all in addition to all of the other staging of deaths and things they would've had to deal with.

Offline Itzme

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2007, 04:08:25 AM »
Now this is what I'm talking about! Great twist to the show. It opens the door to so many theories.

BTW, Naomi is pretty hot.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 04:23:01 AM by Itzme »

Offline xrayeck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2007, 07:32:09 AM »
"The Catholics (who came up with the dealo about purgutory/limbo) actually said about 10 or 15 years ago that purgutory/limbo do not exsist."

Two things:
> Putting "the" in front of religions or diseases = comedy gold
> Purgatory, where souls go to be purified before they can enter Heaven, most certainly DOES still exist in the Catholics doctrine. Limbo is something different. It is a state of eternal joy, separate from heaven, available to children who died before they could be baptized. The Catholics DID recently change their thinking on the existence of Limbo.

Offline bayrodney

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2007, 08:19:45 AM »
Maybe it has been mentioned.

But it could possibly be an Other cover-up.
The Media was told that 815 crashed and everyone died when it didn't.

This could support the theory that The Others ahve planted them on the island

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2007, 10:16:53 AM »
Well if it was an other cover up and it happened three months ago, she did not say they found the plane when it happened, for all we know they did not find the plane until a couple months had passed, maybe that would have given the Others time to come up with a cover up and maybe a fake plane.  UNLESS Dharma or Widmore or someone has SUCH power over the media that they did not need the fake plane.  It amazes me sometimes listening to the BBC news the things they report that I never hear on the US news over here.  Sometimes even little things that HAPPEN over here!  So maybe Oceanic said they "found" the plane, filed some lawsuit to keep "governmental" hands off of it and said so covered it up that way!