Author Topic: They found 815?  (Read 26381 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: They found 815?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 12:22:22 AM »
The others could of provided dharma with the black box to set up the fake crash site. We know the plane was missing for awhile

Offline xrayeck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 12:22:40 AM »
I see four big-picture possibilities w/multitudes of variations:
> Conspiracy theory: Someone had the resources to "fake" a plane crash
> Sci-fi theory: Island's unique electromagnetic properties bend the laws of time and space and allow for parallell realities and the ability to travel between them.
> Spiritual theory: The island is some kind of Limbo or Purgatory (and yes, I know TPTB said it's not Purgatory but I think we have to seriously consider that we can't trust a single thing they've said about this show ever).
> The simplest theory: Naomi is lying

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 12:22:42 AM »
I remember way back in season 1 a lot of people were guessing that the Island was some sort of Purgetory and the writers actually came out and explicitly said that this was incorrect.  Didn't they even go as far as to say "They're all alive"?

Just trying to make sure because that final scene sure seems to make you think of the Purgatory idea.  I suppose it's possible the Others somehow were able to plant a dummy 747, but that's a little outlandish.  I guess the Others could have somehow gotten whoever was searching for the plane to lie about finding it?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 12:25:00 AM by dcnole »

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 12:29:07 AM »

I know this is a huge pic, sorry, I just need it to illustrate a point.  They were looking at images of this type of plane.  They even have an image of it crashing it looks like!

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 12:29:49 AM »
I see four big-picture possibilities w/multitudes of variations:
> Conspiracy theory: Someone had the resources to "fake" a plane crash
> Sci-fi theory: Island's unique electromagnetic properties bend the laws of time and space and allow for parallell realities and the ability to travel between them.
> Spiritual theory: The island is some kind of Limbo or Purgatory (and yes, I know TPTB said it's not Purgatory but I think we have to seriously consider that we can't trust a single thing they've said about this show ever).
> The simplest theory: Naomi is lying
Yeah, I guess you are right that she could simply be lying. An Other plant of some sort.  But WHY would the Others benefit from the castaways thinking they might be dead and/or that nobody would be looking for them anymore?  I think they had pretty much given up hope of being rescued...until Naomi showed up.  It's hard to imagine what would be gained from this rouse.  It's not as if the Others can expect the castaways to simply give up trying to leave and see for themsevles if they can get home.  So what then?

Offline Kurtis

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 12:31:34 AM »
I much prefer a Dharma / Others conspiracy in trying to keep the island hidden over some wacky alternate universe / time travel situation.

Offline Kurtis

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 12:33:47 AM »
Regarding her being a plant by the Others, that doesn't really mesh with her having the picture of Desmond and Penny, and the Portuguese gys at the listening station.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 12:38:28 AM »
Plus, they've already had like 3 people planted with the survivors already.  How many more do they need, especially one who is planted so elaborately.  They already know pretty much everything there is to know about the survivors, with the exception of Juliet's job which appears to at least be determining who is pregnant.  The Others didn't even know Desmond was there (they didn't even know he had a boat), yet she said his name and had his picture.  She was sent by Penny.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 12:40:02 AM »
She is telling the truth. At least the truth as she believes it.

Offline bhn

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 12:41:55 AM »
It's pretty obvious what the others would gain from them NOT looking for the ppl of 815, i mean they are doing top secret, probably illegal, research that would totally be exposed if they found the island, and there would have to be some sort of you know investigation into it, I mean even though they probably couldnt get the signal of the black box because of the electro magnetic field (which is prob now gone) the thing is pretty much industructable, i mean a plane cant disappear without anyone going crazy searching for it, a fake plane w/ a replica of the blackbox could basically put an end to all of that

Offline lili517

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 12:42:19 AM »
For everyone saying that there is no chance of there being some alternate time/space thing remember- Patchy said about niomi's tube in lung thing that people on this island heal faster.  He even said "i alread died once" which can mean that he could have just healed from his head basicly exploding (or it was all set up).  

And

- Random Fact-
The Catholics (who came up with the dealo about purgutory/limbo) actually said about 10 or 15 years ago that purgutory/limbo do not exsist.  Go ahead and look it I just learned it in class about a week ago.  So I highly doubt that the losties are in purgutory/limbo 1) these writer def do there research  2) if they know this, that might lead people to beleive they are making this religous statement thing (aka lame and really not probable)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 12:50:27 AM »
I took Patchy's line about already dying once as just a smartass James Bond kind of quip.  "I already died once... *wink*"  Maybe he did say it with a wink but since he has an eyepatch, it's hard to notice.  I still say he faked his death and the fence was off at the time, yes, even though he was bleeding from the ears and frothing at the mouth.  If I'm wrong, oh well.

Offline MichiganFan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 12:52:27 AM »
I still wonder how Naomi would know the history of Flight 815. If she was looking for Desmond and Desmond wasn't on Flight 815 AND she is not American or Australian, what is the likelihood that she would remember the flight number of a plane that crashed 3 months ago? I know she coulda, but it seems like a stretch, given her medical state and the fact that planes crash a lot globally. I know it would have been a big story, but those stories die down pretty quickly. For example, what was the flight number of the plane that crashed in Indonesia last month? What were the departure and arrival cities?

I'm starting to wonder if she is a plant, and if the Others are in some way responsible for Desmond's flashes? If they have a way of gathering memories, they could have grabbed that picture just as easily as we grab screen caps in this place. That would also explain how Mikhael just happened to be right around the corner, not just investigating the flare.

Offline Pepsi-Maxx

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 12:52:39 AM »
everyone seems to have taken this at face value, i mean at the end of the day we don't know anything about naomi so like most people in lost she could be lying. just throwing it out.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2007, 12:55:04 AM »
The news feed in Patchy's place said they were looking for a missing plane. This would of been a huge story. They might have been looking for days or weeks. She could of known.