Author Topic: OMG PATCHY  (Read 13245 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: OMG PATCHY
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2007, 03:02:44 PM »
No problem ;)

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2007, 11:28:26 AM »
The island heals, it doesn't reanimate.  Patchy was exaggerating when he stated he'd already died once.

Foaming at the mouth and bleeding from the ears, while not being a very healthy state, does not indicate certain death.

"He's only mostly dead."

The crashies who died on impact (COMPLETELY dead) are not going to be revived, nor is Jack's dad who was several days dead.  Just like if Wolverine was torched down to his adamantium bones, there just no coming back from death.
(OK, so maybe they did that to Wolvie and he came back...you get my point.)

---

It's possible that some or all of The Others have implants which are triggered by crossing the fence.  If only certain Others have it, I would think Patchy and other military types would be selected for this.  (See old posts about two groups of Others: military vs scientific)  He may be banished to The Flame and is not allowed to bring word of the outside world to other Others.  He is paranoid about trespassers to The Flame (Ben:"It's me...don't shoot"), so it's unlikely that these other Others would wander in and see the Big Board except Ben and Klugh.

That being said, it's just as likely that the fence really was turned off or didn't really have the effect that Patchy was putting on.  I can't explain how he'd be able to make blood come out of his ears, but anything is possible when you spend your whole day isolated/training and you're a whacko Ruskie soldier nutjob.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2007, 04:56:30 PM »
So that's where they got the fake beards  :D