Author Topic: JIN'S Your Daddy?  (Read 10734 times)

Offline TXFlyboy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: JIN'S Your Daddy?
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2007, 12:22:40 AM »
Juggy, I'm the first to agree that sometimes a dog is just a dog.  I just thought as I watched it a couple of times that the cash that was removed looked to be the exact amount.  I did see some other things in the safe besides the cash.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2007, 12:28:03 AM »
I am taking some frustration out on you and you do not deserve it. Just get tired of the constant discussion of question that have been answered when there are real mysteries to discuss.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2007, 01:46:21 AM »
Juggy's just upset that Christian is dead. It's ok! :'(

I don't think that there was anything else important in the safe. Paik is shady and would have alot of petty cash on hand. He runs a huge business and a bunch of thugs and goons

Paik could've put Jin's mother up to it. He is a powerful man and would definately want to know who is marrying his daughter. In a culture of such honor I think he would want to dig up dirt on Jin's past. I wouldn't put it past him to test his daughter's loyalties to her new husband.
He would then have control over both Jin and Sun.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2007, 09:31:56 AM »

I don't think that there was anything else important in the safe. Paik is shady and would have alot of petty cash on hand. He runs a huge business and a bunch of thugs and goons

Paik could've put Jin's mother up to it. He is a powerful man and would definately want to know who is marrying his daughter. In a culture of such honor I think he would want to dig up dirt on Jin's past. I wouldn't put it past him to test his daughter's loyalties to her new husband.

I think this theory is plausible - after all Paik Heavy Industries is linked to Hanso (I think there was something on the Hanso website/answerphone about them being affiliates/associastes), so why can't Mr Paik be just as devious and scheming?

Loved the fact that Sun has turned Jin into the man he has become, and all for family values. How will he take it if/when he finds out?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2007, 06:39:10 PM »
The show does not lie to us that much. Never has and it did not start here. Name one time the show stated something like this and it turned out to be a lie. All flashbacks have been truthfull to this point. Jin's prostitute mother blackmailed Sun. Jin is the father of Sun's baby. These are facts they are telling us. Lets start accepting these basic storylines.

By the way, there was a lot more money than 100,000 in the safe, He is a shaddy business man, he needs cash for bribing and doing his illegal business.
I agree with Juggy... again ;)

Only problem is that he is NOT in control of Sun and she makes that quite clear. Also, Jin's mother looks VERY scared when Sun tells her that she can easily have her killed. I doubt that Mrs. Kwon and Mr. Paik are in cahoots.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2007, 08:06:40 PM »
I think if he wanted the dirt, he would've gotten it BEFORE she married Jin.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2007, 12:50:19 AM »
Maybe he wanted Sun to marry a fisherman's son with a shady mother because Paik knew that he would be able to manipulate a) his daughter b) his son-in-law c) his greater plan. Paik is a manipulative man who is capable of many evil deeds. He's got control issues

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2007, 01:11:05 AM »

I'll let you in on a little secret.  Christian is dead....if you mean in the ground (decomposing) dead....but there is a Christian that lives.  We've seen him.  He wears a blue suit with sneakers and stares a lot. 

Think Stephen King and leave your mind open that there has always been another Christian.  Mr. Jugdish, I think that you will see a Christian again as well as another Kelvin Inman.  The latter just had too many good things to say to kill off.

I think that the writers/producers have known all along that there will ultimately be some "magic box" that restores health, produces apparitions, and transports one's twin (thank you Mr. King).  It follows then that the writers have had the ability to introduce a lot of characters, sort of trying them out.  Those that viewers ate up make a comeback.  (I wouldn't expect to see anymore Michael or Ana Lucia). 

The problem is that the moment the show allows for such a thing, it opens the box and everyone wants a part of the action.  The solution will be some limitation of the magic box....perhaps being chosen or being a "twinner".....and we get some more good characters on a show that could need them.  Overall, a nice vehicle to lead into, or start, season four.

Him will be Christian or Inman.  That the podcast would phrase the denial of Christian's living in such an obscure, joking, and somewhat elusive, manner only heightens my sense that the writers already had Christian pegged for "him," but didn't like that everyone had already figured it out.

Christian lives baby.....or he should.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2008, 01:26:14 AM »
how now brown cow?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »