Author Topic: Could Desmond Be......  (Read 3464 times)

Offline Lost_Is_My_Favorite

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Could Desmond Be......
« on: April 21, 2007, 11:46:11 PM »
One of the Others?  When we first meet him he's in a Dharma Hatch.  Who's to say he hasn't been pulling the wool over the Lostie's eyes all along and he's not just a better actor then Ben was when he pretended to be Henry Gale.  Maybe when he ran off leaving them the Hatch and telling them about the #'s, it was part of the test to see if they would obey, and then he went running back to Othersville. Did we ever learn where he was during that time? Then when they wanted him to return, there he was. Welcome to return because he is trusted.  I love Desmond, so I think I would be kind of disappointed if he turned out to be a bad guy.  But wouldn't that be a total twist? 

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Could Desmond Be......
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 01:42:32 PM »
i'd go with slim and none.

the other's wanted the sail boat so bad that one died. I think they would have just taken it in the first place had they known about Des

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 08:26:24 PM »
I can think of a billion reasons why he wouldn't be an other.  But I'll simplify my answer by just saying no he's not.

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 09:19:22 PM »
One of the Others?  When we first meet him he's in a Dharma Hatch.  Who's to say he hasn't been pulling the wool over the Lostie's eyes all along and he's not just a better actor then Ben was when he pretended to be Henry Gale.  Maybe when he ran off leaving them the Hatch and telling them about the #'s, it was part of the test to see if they would obey, and then he went running back to Othersville. Did we ever learn where he was during that time? Then when they wanted him to return, there he was. Welcome to return because he is trusted.  I love Desmond, so I think I would be kind of disappointed if he turned out to be a bad guy.  But wouldn't that be a total twist? 

The "what if" is intriguing, but I have to agree with HanginWithMrEko on this one...the sailboat was a surprise to them and they wanted it badly. And tho they could've been  acting...my next question would be WHY send him back in the boat?? Ya know?

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 02:12:44 AM »
Have been thinking about Des's loyalties too.
He worked for Dharma who's funded by Widmore, the financial backing is a question. But now that we "know" Dharma and the others are not one in the same, it is reasonable to assume that Desmond was backed by the others opposition during "the purge." He wouldn't be an other, he would be their enemy.
Des's loyalties lie to Pen and his honor.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 09:29:11 AM »
Have been thinking about Des's loyalties too.
He worked for Dharma who's funded by Widmore, the financial backing is a question. But now that we "know" Dharma and the others are not one in the same, it is reasonable to assume that Desmond was backed by the others opposition during "the purge." He wouldn't be an other, he would be their enemy.
Des's loyalties lie to Pen and his honor.

agreed - and can you imagine what Charles Widmore is thinking now? If theories are to be believed about him being another one who 'nudges' people's lives into the employ of the Others/DI, just like MS Hawking/Brother Campbell/Libby(maybe - surely her boat donation was linked to all this?).

After he has gone to all the effort of 'bannishing' Des to the back of beyond to a life of button pushing and solitude, poor Dessie.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 03:41:49 PM »
I don't think so - they didn't know he was there. I don't think Kelvin was an other either - Dharma is Dharma - others are others

Offline ILoveLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 05:11:40 PM »
agreed - and can you imagine what Charles Widmore is thinking now? If theories are to be believed about him being another one who 'nudges' people's lives into the employ of the Others/DI, just like MS Hawking/Brother Campbell/Libby(maybe - surely her boat donation was linked to all this?).

After he has gone to all the effort of 'bannishing' Des to the back of beyond to a life of button pushing and solitude, poor Dessie.
[/quote]

Interesting point about Libby...I doubt she was but I never thought of her being in on it because she died ...but you're right about her boat donation...it was linked to all this  :o

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 01:49:03 PM »
I don't think so - they didn't know he was there. I don't think Kelvin was an other either - Dharma is Dharma - others are others

I think Dharma and the others merged somehow after the purge. Dharma are all scientists as are most of the others. Not just coincidence.
Dharma lost funding and evolved/merged into a different company that the others are backed by. Mittelos? Widmore? Paik? Take your pick