Author Topic: "Charlie is going to save us"  (Read 4151 times)

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
"Charlie is going to save us"
« on: April 20, 2007, 01:55:20 PM »
"Charlie is going to save us."
Has anyone been thinking about this ever since Charlie's mother said this?
(This happened during a Charlie flashback after receiving a piano from his mother)
Even think of the visions shown when Charlie thought Arron needed to be baptized.
Everyone keeps talking of Desmound having to sacrifice Charlie the catch-22 and not seeing the other story from past episodes.
Is this something that will be touched on again, I hope so.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: "Charlie is going to save us"
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 02:05:35 PM »
"Save the Junkie, Save the World" ;D

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 04:41:38 PM »
I think some people have speculated that Charlie's death will save the Losties... Maybe in the future he will give himself up...

(I hope he doesn't die...)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 04:56:08 PM »
I think some people have speculated that Charlie's death will save the Losties... Maybe in the future he will give himself up...

(I hope he doesn't die...)
but in saving the losties...his spirit lives on....

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 11:13:01 AM »
i posted this in another thread, but i'm going to put it here too:

i had this epiphany.  what if we don't really know all about desmond's visions.  what if desmond knows charlie IS going to save them.  and i don't mean his death, but his life.  maybe charlie is the one who is going to get them off the island, and desmond has had that vision.  that's why he keeps saving charlie's life.  i don't think desmond is saving charlie just to save him (for no ulterior motive), and i think this is the best explanation of any that i have heard.

yep, i feel it in my bones.

and i DON'T think charlie is going to die this season.  it's all a red hearing.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 12:18:15 PM »
Only problem is/was Des was ready to forget it all just for Penny...

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 12:22:12 PM »
i don't see that as a problem.  (at least not for us)  seeing penny is more important to des than getting off the island.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 12:27:14 PM »
i don't see that as a problem.  (at least not for us)  seeing penny is more important to des than getting off the island.
But if they all got off the island he would still see Penny....

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »
BUT, she would also still be married, her dad would be around, thus their relationship would be MUCH more difficult off island than it would be ON island.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 12:36:22 PM »
BUT, she would also still be married, her dad would be around, thus their relationship would be MUCH more difficult off island than it would be ON island.
So then Des would want Charlie to die so no one would be saved and find the island with him and Penny on it...

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 12:40:01 PM »
So then Des would want Charlie to die so no one would be saved and find the island with him and Penny on it...
essentially yes.  BUT des made the choice to try and get both, salvation and penny.  which can't and didn't happen.  he didn't REALLY want charlie's blood on his hands.  i think up until these visions his whole reason for wanting OFF the island was to see penny.  after these visions he saw a way to get penny without all the strings attached.  but when it came down to it, he failed, he couldn't let charlie die.  just like he failed at being a monk, in the race, at his relationship with ruth, basiclaly at everything he has done.  he made the wrong choice to get the outcome he wanted.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 12:54:58 PM »
essentially yes.  BUT des made the choice to try and get both, salvation and penny.  which can't and didn't happen.  he didn't REALLY want charlie's blood on his hands.  i think up until these visions his whole reason for wanting OFF the island was to see penny.  after these visions he saw a way to get penny without all the strings attached.  but when it came down to it, he failed, he couldn't let charlie die.  just like he failed at being a monk, in the race, at his relationship with ruth, basiclaly at everything he has done.  he made the wrong choice to get the outcome he wanted.
I guess it all makes sense...what bothers me is the fact I don't believe it was going to be Penny at all...even if Charlie died...just doesnt make sense to me for Penny to be personally searching for Des..

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 02:00:36 PM »
One thing that bothers me about it is that Des said at one point in Catch-22 "What's the point? I keep saving your life Charlie"

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 02:53:41 PM »
I guess it all makes sense...what bothers me is the fact I don't believe it was going to be Penny at all...even if Charlie died...just doesnt make sense to me for Penny to be personally searching for Des..
i agree lou, i don't think it ever was going to be penny.  BUT desmond thinks otherwise, and now i think (in his mind) if he would have let charlie die, penny would have been there.  so now i think he is going to REALLY resent charlie.

Offline LOST N LOST

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 03:08:06 PM »
i think when charlie dies it will be in saving clair's life. I think that charlie will die at his own free will to save another and when he does that maybe he wont actually die. and when did death start looking for charlie? was it when ethan killed him and jack saved him. Seems kinda random that the island wanted to hit him with a lighning bolt to kill him. I dont know just weird i guess.