Author Topic: TIME GAP IN DES LIFE  (Read 6588 times)

Offline deadpolarbear

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: TIME GAP IN DES LIFE
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 07:11:33 PM »
Why do you think Des was in jail?  My theory is that he refused to go to war in Iraq.
Because one episode showed him being released from a Military prison!

you misunderstood. he means For what reason do you think Des was in jail.

Im not sure really why... and i dont like to guess either because the writers are so good, i am always wrong and they surprise me everytime..
If the gap between breaking up with pen (1997) and him landing on the island (2001) is 4 years, then hes had quite a hectic 4 years...

1) he would have joined the army, trained with them which im guessing would be at the very least 1 year before he would be put to any real field duties... meaning that he hasnt really had any time to go up in the ranks, and if he hasnt been in service for very long, then he must have done something REAL bad to end up in Jail (...Remember the way the prison gaurd talked to him in the season 2 finale).
2) he would have spent his time in the military jail or what not.. but then even if it was something really bad, he would have only served about 2 years at max (giving one year for army training, and 1 for race/race training)
3) he would leave prison go to America and start training for the race around the world, and then compete in the race...

some life eh...

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 10:27:08 AM »
I  posted this eslewhere but it seems relevant -

I get the feeling that Desmonds life is being 'moulded' by someone - why on earth not Dharma? Maybe his whole life has been one big experiment? Each time he follows a career/life path he only lasts a short time, engagement, monkhood, army, button pushing etc - he's not very good at holding anything down. Maybe because it is part of another social experiement to see how far they can push him?

Now add to the list Jail time too - forgot about that

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 12:08:07 PM »
He also spent time in the US.  He meets Libby where he gets the boat and Jack while he is training.  It seems you would have sign up for this type of race pretty far in advance so that would be a while (6 mos to a year my guess) after meeting Libby. 

To the point someone made of Desmond's life being controlled by someone else:
I always thought his meeting with Libby was intentional also.  Nobody just gives a boat to a stranger over coffee.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 12:10:22 PM »
good point - the thlot plickens.....

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 12:11:17 PM »
I  posted this eslewhere but it seems relevant -

I get the feeling that Desmonds life is being 'moulded' by someone - why on earth not Dharma? Maybe his whole life has been one big experiment? Each time he follows a career/life path he only lasts a short time, engagement, monkhood, army, button pushing etc - he's not very good at holding anything down. Maybe because it is part of another social experiement to see how far they can push him?

Now add to the list Jail time too - forgot about that

I have been saying this all along about all of our Losties
A great experiment from the begining.....

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 12:57:45 PM »
The wine was bottled in 1995 and he meets Pen at the same time. He is with Pen for 2 yrs.(he said it in Widmore's office) That makes it 1997. He hit the island in 2001 and is their for 3 yrs. making it 2004.
Where has he been from 1997 to 2001?
He was with ?Rose for 6 years... So I would assume he'd be with Penny a while before chickening out...

Offline Stardom009

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2007, 11:38:17 PM »
yeah remember the little video on top off the official lost site lock saying there all brought here for a reason. now why did they putt that up there for so long almost for two years . e few are recruited for continuuing the project .my caus not everyone has a purpose yet or maybe the producers just kill em off the ones without any purpose for the project . 

Offline Lost_Is_My_Favorite

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2007, 11:50:04 PM »
There also might be things we haven't seen yet in his life.  That might be in Season 4.  hee hee