Author Topic: Episode 3x18, "D.O.C." (Hype Thread)  (Read 4261 times)

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
Episode 3x18, "D.O.C." (Hype Thread)
« on: April 19, 2007, 02:40:07 AM »
After discovering that all of "The Others'" pregnant women died before giving birth on the island, an extremely reticent Sun allows Juliet to examine her -- and uncovers the identity of the unborn child's father. Meanwhile, Desmond allows an unlikely nemesis to help save the life of a new, mysterious island inhabitant. Guest starring are
Spoiler
Byron Chung as Mr. Paik, Andrew Divoff as Mikhail, Marsha Thomason as Naomi, John Shin as Mr. Kwon, Alexis Rhee as older woman, Esmond Chung as Paik's associate and Jean Chung as Paik's secretary.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5TqoziC4JoU

Discuss!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 09:19:07 PM by sledgeweb »

Offline Pepsi-Maxx

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 3x18 Preview
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 03:00:42 AM »
hopefully next week will have sumit huge in it cus im never a fan of the jin and sun flashbacks, but im sure we will get answers. should be good!

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 03:12:44 PM »
Did you notice the tent city? Who are they? Are they the Losties, the OTHERS or the OTHER OTHERS that some of us think are on the island.......VERY INTERESTING......HMMMMM

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 01:07:23 AM »
I would predict that neither of the korean guys are the father to sun's baby.  She found  out Jin was sterile and went for in for a little basting.

Offline Lost_Is_My_Favorite

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 11:33:01 PM »
From the preview it looks to me like Jin is the father of Sun's baby.  When she says "Either way I'm dead".  That would only be the case if she conceived on the island.  From what we've seen, women give birth on the island if they conceived somethere other than there.  So that would tell me that Jin is the daddy.

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 10:40:41 PM »
That statement, "i lose either way", doesn't prove that Jin is daddy. It proves that she gives in to Juliet's testing to find out WHEN she got pregnant. Because if she got preggers prior to island, Jin is not daddy. If she got preggers while on the island..um, she's one dead ho lol

And I'm betting she got preggers prior to island and has to confess to jin...but then he dies from an island accident before she can tell him ;)

*We all have secrets*

Offline Lost_Is_My_Favorite

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 10:45:52 PM »
Whoops! You're right.  She could lose if she tells Jin he's not the baby daddy.  My bad!  hee hee She's right.  Either way, she loses.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 12:29:04 PM »
Hola.

I got a chance this weekend to watch "The Whole Truth" again.

When Jack confirms the accuracy of a positive pregnancy test, Sun replies "But it's not possible."  That would imply three things....

First, Sun believes (not saying it is true) the fertility doctor's statement that Jin is sterile.
Next, Sun didn't copulate with the bald Korean guy.  Sun swears that she has not been with another man.
Finally, Sun didn't get artificial insemination through a bank.

What does that leave?  One of the above must be untrue.

First, the doctor might have lied on behalf of Sun's father so that the couple would go splitsville.  Jin would feel that Sun had betrayed him and covered up her inability to have children.  The truth of Sun being Jin's "Dream" would then be tested by her father, an evil and manipulative little rich guy.

Second, Sun lied and did have sex with the bald guy....but she thought that he was sterile as well.

Finally, Sun went through the man juice drive through but thought that it was a failure.

Now, we'll have to see which rabbit they pull out of their hat....the island restored Jin's virility....or Sun went swimming in the wrong pool....

Just no more questions please.

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 09:23:18 PM »
" I lose either way" says to me that she either has to abort the pregnancy or die trying to have the baby. Catch-22<------Pyro[move]

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 11:00:28 PM »
Ya, I was thinking the same thing.  They should have called this past week's episode DOC (Didn't Offer Clues) and next week's Catch 22.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 3x18, "D.O.C." (Hype Thread)
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 08:59:12 PM »
This is just my two cents on the theory of who Sun's baby daddy is? And the second one about the OTHER camp of OTHERS that are on the island.
First my thought on Sun is that 1.) she never slept with the blad dude. 2.) Jin's baby makers are still not working.
Thus leaving me to conclude and to say it first here.....
(Jerry Springer moment)
The father of Sun's baby is.........
imaculate conception by "GOD"
Just as was John Locke.
That's what I say on that.
There is another set of people that are also living on the island which will prove a few theories out there by some that I support and also relates to biblical readings that have been shown on the show.
TA-DA!     :D

Offline ILoveLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 09:47:55 PM »
I think the island "healed" Jin and this gave him his "mojo" back enough to knock up Sun...However, this doesn't really explain why she says the "either way" statement so i could be totally wrong...Can't wait to find out.

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 09:55:46 PM »
I'm going with the father being Jin. This sets us up for the whole "Nobody has carried a pregnancy to term when conceived on the island" deal. Gives us some more story lines to play with. If she conceived off-island, then she'll be in Claire's shoes. Been there, done that.

Offline versed4every1

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 10:18:16 PM »
I'm going with the father being Jin. This sets us up for the whole "Nobody has carried a pregnancy to term when conceived on the island" deal. Gives us some more story lines to play with. If she conceived off-island, then she'll be in Claire's shoes. Been there, done that.

Yeah!  What he said!

Offline versed4every1

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 10:21:10 PM »
Did you notice the tent city? Who are they? Are they the Losties, the OTHERS or the OTHER OTHERS that some of us think are on the island.......VERY INTERESTING......HMMMMM

IMHO, the "tent people" are going to be very very important from here out. 

;D  we shall see!