Author Topic: JACK VS SAWYER  (Read 9832 times)

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: JACK VS SAWYER
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 05:58:37 PM »
I agree that this is Grey's-esque.  But, it's drama like this that keeps us watching the main characters. If they had no love triangles, they wouldn't be human.  Aren't we all as complicated? She likes him, she also likes him, but he likes this other girl, but doesn't really want a relationship with her, etc.

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 06:06:28 PM »
Meaningless sex.
Good for Sawyers sex life, bad for their relationship in the future.

Offline Ailiu

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 06:08:55 PM »
I don't really get the whole thing of Kate using sex for revenge or Sawyer actually not minding being used that way.  I guess no one on that island has any sense of self-worth. ;P  Kidding.  

Anyways maybe it doesn't make sense to me because I'm asexual-- nothing about sex interests me!  :D  Hence I have little interest in the Jack-Kate-Sawyer love triangle.  

My brother wants to know why they don't just have a threesome already so this triangle will be over and done with. :D  He doesn't like Lost, but he does make good jokes when he pokes fun at it.  Though I guess he'll have to change that one to include Juliet... ::)

Offline lili517

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 06:12:59 PM »
I honestly could do with out the love triangle because it is taking away from much more important story lines.  Its all used up and not worth much anymore except that Kate is jelous of Juliet and maybe that would make here search for something and expose Juliet.  But anyone could do that..

also, sawyer loses... come on, who is really happy with jelously sex... please 

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 06:16:10 PM »
I honestly could do with out the love triangle because it is taking away from much more important story lines.  Its all used up and not worth much anymore except that Kate is jelous of Juliet and maybe that would make here search for something and expose Juliet.  But anyone could do that..

Someone having sex with Kate  :D :D :D

Offline Ailiu

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 06:24:21 PM »

Yeah I agree.  The love triangle was more tolerable when it was just a side story, one that was occansionally hinted at and nothing more. 

Cmon, in the grand scheme of things how important is it?  Does it get everyone off the Island?

Okay I guess it could have implications in the fertility problem the Others are having.  But Sun seems to be filling that role with her being pregnant and Claire added to it before her.  Why drag Kate into it?   :-\ 

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 07:28:22 PM »
Yeah, I keep waiting for Kate to show up pregnant too.  :-[ I think it will go back to being a side story again eventually.  I think they just have to ramp it up for a few episodes because of Juliette's presence, and the need for heightened emotional tensions before the season finale.  It makes people do stupid things!

Offline Ailiu

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 07:45:53 PM »
Yeah, I keep waiting for Kate to show up pregnant too.  :-[
Why do so many people think that when she only had sex twice now?  No doubt the Others intended for her and Sawyer to do that, but that doesn't mean they were successful. 

Whatever.  That's not really something I'm looking forward to if she really did get pregnant.  At this rate, the Island will become its own country. ::)

I think it will go back to being a side story again eventually. 

I hope so.  I wanna know more about the Others, the Island, the numbers etc., not about who's sleeping with whom.

I think they just have to ramp it up for a few episodes because of Juliette's presence, and the need for heightened emotional tensions before the season finale.
Then why did they focus on the Jack-Kate-Sawyer triangle so much during the first half of the season?  :-\

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 01:24:34 AM »
I loved Sawyer's "mix tape" comment lol... :)

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 02:38:47 AM »
At first i thought he said "mixed drink" haha. just the bartender in me

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 08:55:54 AM »
what if Juliet has told Jack all bout the conception issues on the island, and has allowed him to see the video of Kate and Sawyer getting it on in the cage, revealed the possibility of her pregnancy/potential fertility and 'recruited' him to encourage them to get it on more often?

Maybe I'm not explaining myself - sounds a little strange once it's typed but the whole kitchen scene felt like he was deliberatley being monosyllabic with Kate. Did you see the dirty look he gave her when she slurpped clean the spoon? Eww, especially as that spoon was probably for Juliet!

He knew she would watch him walking away towards Juliet, then the two of them snuggle up round their campfire knowing Kate is getting jealous. The obvious reaction for Kate being - I'm gonna go shag sawyer now coz you've buddied up with blondie... And I want you to get jealous....

Am I reading into it too much?

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 06:53:37 PM »
Yeah, I keep waiting for Kate to show up pregnant too.  :-[
Why do so many people think that when she only had sex twice now?  No doubt the Others intended for her and Sawyer to do that, but that doesn't mean they were successful. 

Whatever.  That's not really something I'm looking forward to if she really did get pregnant.  At this rate, the Island will become its own country. ::)
I don't think everyone having sex gets pregnant the first time around...but she could be preggers first time out!! And with all the baby-delivery crap being shown, I wouldn't doubt she is pregnant.

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2007, 10:02:48 PM »
Jack is typical. Saywer is typical. I'll explain. Jack was a rich boy. He went to college. He went to medical school. He was set up from the start to suceed, and that's what he's used to doing. Even with women. Wouldn't every girl want a #1 kinda guy? Saywer, on the other hand has had to always be second best. He didn't have mommy and daddy pushing him through school, pounding into his head that education leads to money and money to power. Instead, Saywer had to either work or con to make money. He chose to con, but hey who wouldn't if if you have a knack for it? Or maybe he was pushed to be a con man by his surroundings growing up. Anyway Jack is a baby, he thinks that he's suppose to get first dibs on the ladies. In high school, didn't the guys that were rich always get the girls? Jack is a Jock, and Saywer is a Hoodlum. He always got the girls that were loose and smoked the stuff that Locke's growing on Old Macdonald's farm.
<------Pyro[move]

Offline Lost_Is_My_Favorite

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2007, 11:57:51 PM »
A better question is this.  If I was to be stranded on a desert island some day, would the men be as hot as most of these guys?  hee hee   Kate is the real winner!

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2007, 06:49:31 PM »
I'm hot