Author Topic: Was Charlie suppose to die?  (Read 13018 times)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Was Charlie suppose to die?
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2007, 11:04:56 AM »
Here is a question to your question?
When Charlie had his flashback there was a scene where Charlie's mother says, " You are going to save all of us."
I think that "YES" Charlie will be a huge part of the LOST storyline
And "NO" the island doen't need a sacrifice.
Is it maybe possible that Charlie could be actually a saint?
This just brings me back to the visions on the beach of Charlie's mother, Claire, and Arron.
Puzzled even more.........

okay, here are my 2 cents whether you want them or not.

i think des feels like if he would have let charlie die that would have been penny in the chute.  i don't believe it, but i'm sure he probably does.  his mission was to get to penny.  nothing more, nothing less.

after reading the above statement by lost-n-detroit i had an epiphany (i love that word).  what IF charlie IS supposed to save them all?  i know, "ladybug, that's not a new theory!"  keep on reading........  what if we aren't getting the whole picture/story behind desmond's "visions."  maybe he has seen that CHARLIE is the one to save them/the one to get them off the island!!  THAT'S why he keeps saving charlie, so that he can eventually get off the island. 

i've had a problem with desmond saving charlie for "the greater good" from the beginning.  he isn't the type to save someone just to save them, he is very self-absorbed.  what i stated above gives REASON to desmond saving charlie.

that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Was Charlie suppose to die?
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2007, 03:37:06 PM »
I don't think Charlie is supposed to die. I think it is a test for Desmond and so far I would say he is passing it with flying colours. If Charlies death is inevitable though then Dessie is destined to fail at some point...although I'm hoping he doesn't!