Author Topic: Was Charlie suppose to die?  (Read 13013 times)

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Was Charlie suppose to die?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 01:56:45 AM »
he was helping eko build eko brothers church.. he went on exploration treks with locke... he went after ethan and KILLEd him... now he is simply a person we see in pan shots and is claires whipped roomate... im done... abc kill charlie or give him back his nuts!!!!!

Offline Pepsi-Maxx

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 02:06:31 AM »
im as big a charlie fan as the next but ur right the boy needs his dignity back and when he dies cus im certain hes dead before the finale, i hope they kill him with some dignity like he does something heroic to save someone else, like in the episode 'the moth' which is still my fav episode when he saves jack. Thats how i want charlie to go out!

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 02:08:58 AM »
agree 1001%

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 02:21:05 AM »
I agree with someone earlier in this thread that said maybe Charlie is there to take care of aaron.

I think the person that is actually going to die is not Charlie but Claire.

They have us thinking he is gonna die all this time but Claire will take his spot some how and will be save his life.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 02:37:36 AM »
I think it will be either Sun or Desmond.  I don't think Charlie will die either.  It just seems like a big setup for some sort of twist.  Claire would be my third choice for dying.  Or they will kill Charlie, only it will be completely unexpected kind of like it was today where you think he's safe and then all of a sudden a freak accident kills him.

Offline lost_soul12

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 03:49:03 AM »
If charlie was suppost to die then who would be the third person on the ground helping jin, hurly catching the perechutiest? Think about it wacth desmons prevision their is three people catching the perechutiest but desmon still saw charlie die so i think he was ment to see that so he would save charlie? and didnt thr monk in his flash back say somthing about decesions he would make can change something? what do u all think,,,,,

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 08:18:53 AM »
I think Desmond is in a Catch 22. So the parachutist had a copy of the book, but I think it was just one big explanation.

I think the Island is calling for Desmond to sacrifice Charlie and if he does, Desmond will be rewarded. Desmond, however doesn't share Locke's faith in the Island and won't offer up Charlie. Desmond keeps saving Charlie and the events that Desmond sees in his flashbacks don't come out exactly the way they would have.

I think it Desmond was sure that if Charlie died that Penny would be the parachutist.
He either was wrong in interpretting his visions or she would have been there.
So instead of Penny surviving the crash, that parachutist did.

Just a theory, but I think the whole Superman vs Flash was aimed at Locke vs Desmond.
Which one knows what to do? Which is interpretting the Island correctly.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 09:07:31 AM »
To begin with, it didn't look like the three of them did a particularly good job of catching her.  Didn't she still hit the ground at the bottom of the parachute?

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 09:29:47 AM »
I think Desmond is in a Catch 22. So the parachutist had a copy of the book, but I think it was just one big explanation.

I think the Island is calling for Desmond to sacrifice Charlie and if he does, Desmond will be rewarded. Desmond, however doesn't share Locke's faith in the Island and won't offer up Charlie. Desmond keeps saving Charlie and the events that Desmond sees in his flashbacks don't come out exactly the way they would have.

I think it Desmond was sure that if Charlie died that Penny would be the parachutist.
He either was wrong in interpretting his visions or she would have been there.
So instead of Penny surviving the crash, that parachutist did.

Just a theory, but I think the whole Superman vs Flash was aimed at Locke vs Desmond.
Which one knows what to do? Which is interpretting the Island correctly.

I personally dont think the island is calling for Charlies Sacrifice, why is Desmond being shown all these accidents that Charlie will be in and he didnt see Nikki and Paulo being buried alive, or the Helicopter crashing with possibly more crew on board. I think he is being shown Charlies death to protect Charlie! The future is what you make of it! Plus I find it interesting that Des's Vision of future could only come about if he got his little merry band of adventures together and went looking for the new arrival. Otherwise this future event would have never came about.

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007, 09:34:27 AM »
Good observation Lost soul, I think Desmond is suppose to protect Charlie! And no they did a lousy job of catching the woman! :D

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2007, 10:10:28 AM »
So if Des did allow the sacrifice of Charlie would the new Lostie be Penny? I think that by Des saving Charlie's life it changed the out come of who the parachutist would be. It's kind of strange to have someone else crash with a picture of Des. Yes, they might have been on a search and rescue mission for Des and need a photo of him. But you would think they would use a different photo to I.D. Des.

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2007, 10:27:36 AM »
So if Des did allow the sacrifice of Charlie would the new Lostie be Penny? I think that by Des saving Charlie's life it changed the out come of who the parachutist would be. It's kind of strange to have someone else crash with a picture of Des. Yes, they might have been on a search and rescue mission for Des and need a photo of him. But you would think they would use a different photo to I.D. Des.
Maybe that is the only photo of Desmond Penny had. And I doubt if Charlies Death would have changed the outcome. other than there being less visions and less Hobbits running around the island. ;)

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2007, 10:48:34 AM »
I'm kinda torn on this one...
One the one hand I think the whole conversation with the monk
about sacrifice and Des not understanding the meaning of "sacrifice"
was significant if in fact he was meant to sacrifice Charlie.

On the other hand I'm not sure it would have changed anything either because up until that point the stage has already been set
I mean the helicopter had already crashed and the parachuter had already dropped so if something would change because of Des saving Charlie that was already set to begin with too.
OK that was hard to follow even for me writing it (sorry)

Bottom line is...what Des thinks...and now he is convinced that he probably should have not saved Charlie because he still didn't get what he wanted and Charlie will end up dead eventually anyway so what is the point of saving him over and over and over again.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2007, 02:01:33 PM »
Alright this is now really bugging me with all the Isac and Abraham talk.
Is charlie a possible saint or desciple?
 - flashes of his mother, Claire, and Arron on beach looking holy
 - charlie's mother says, " you are going to save us."
there is to much for me to think that Charlie is somehow tied into all this somehow.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2007, 02:05:01 PM »
No he is a man who was suppsoe to die in the hatch but didn't so has altered the timeline.once he dies, time lime restored.