Author Topic: Was Charlie suppose to die?  (Read 13034 times)

Offline kkehoe5

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Was Charlie suppose to die?
« on: April 19, 2007, 12:27:36 AM »
Am I the only one here who was hoping that Charlie was being killed off finaly? The only thing he is good for now, is to watch Desmond save his sorry butt. Now that we know Des has flashes, its time to off Charlie!

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Was Charlie suppose to die?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 12:29:46 AM »
Come on how can you not love Charlie?

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 12:31:01 AM »
so filled with anger... leave charlie alone.. he's my homeboy

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 12:32:12 AM »
and whilst this will annoy the charlie hobbit fans im left wandering what his role is worth anymore.... besides playing step daddy to aaron it seems like a serious waste of time even seeing charlies character anymore.... ever since his main man eko bit the bullet charlie has been left as a filler and someone to go on treks with... no substance left in his character except is this the epi he dies??? nope ok well i still have him in my dead pool so ive got 5 episodes left...crossing fingers....

Hopefully his demise is as gastly as dez's preminision was tonight!

Offline kkehoe5

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 12:35:44 AM »
Took the words right out of my mouth. The only thing keeping him alive from a writers point of view is:

Tune in to find out "Will he die this week????"
And
Someone to kill others in defence of Aaron and Claire

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 12:43:31 AM »
and its sad because i really liked the strung out paranoid charlie we all grew to love in season 1....

someone get that boy a crack pipe!

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 01:01:30 AM »
When this epi opened with Charlie holding hands with Aaron, my first thought was 'Is Charlie the one that is supose to raise Aaron?'

thats what I thought of

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 01:17:39 AM »
Before, I didn't really care whether Charlie lived or died, but this episode made me glad it didn't happen and I hope it doesn't happen.  This episode made me sympathize with him.  I don't have anything against the character or actor, and I hope they build on his character now instead of killing him off.  The only problem with Charlie was the whole Aaron/Claire thing.  It was just annoying and it would've been annoying no matter which character was in the "I love Claire and Aaron" role. 

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 01:26:30 AM »
its the whole what have you done for me lately... i just havent had that feeling about charlie being any better than nikki-paulo characters anymore.... whats he good for?? he does nothing around camp except play step daddy... and i understand that the whole trip to otherville this season has left a lot of our characters in limbo, but atleast lock and dez have had episodes featuring and furthering there story... i feel sorry that charlie isnt more than he should be.. and if i was a true charlie fan id be up in arms about it! but we dont?

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 01:45:23 AM »
I love charlie he is one of the original group of losties who went around exploring.

Characters dont have to really have a story to be on the show, I mean if you say his story is gone then what the heck is Hurley good for other than comic relief for us viewers.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 01:45:30 AM »
You could say the same thing about Hurley, Jin, Sun, Bernard, Rose, Claire, Aaron, Vincent.  I guess you could argue Hurley is the comic relief and he keeps the mood light and is always looking to make the island seem more like home and less like a prison and find some enjoyment out of living there.  Jin and Sun really don't do anything except sit in the background.  Rose and Bernard are so worthless people have been wondering if they even exist on the island anymore.  Claire sits around and takes care of Aaron in the background except for her token moments.

I can see Charlie's value as a character as representing the underdog.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 01:51:34 AM »
my point exactly... why have charlies character play such important parts and then get to sit in the background like he has since eko left us (R.I.P Mr.Eko).. as for the other characters youve mentioned well we have known since day one and beyond that they were simply there to be background extras... and even thou we havent seen anything new out of sayid, atleast hes a part of doing SOMETHING!... again id be up in arms if locke was demoted to a caregiver or a comic relief but he isnt and im still rapped up in his character... im saying that all of the injected soap opera crap has in fact taken away a LOT of possible minutes and now hours of character time better spent elsewhere!!

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 01:53:22 AM »
Charlie's story as of now is awesome it ties together with Des which is a very good character and it gives Des a purpose of being with the losties.

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 01:53:50 AM »
Charlie went exploring with the intent to find his DRUGS

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 01:56:07 AM »
I think the past few episodes with Charlie involving Desmond have redeemed his character.  Maybe we'll discover Charlie is already dead and really died when he was hung by Ethan but the powers of the island have made him stuck between life and death.