Author Topic: The Helicopter  (Read 17377 times)

Offline lost_soul12

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: The Helicopter
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2007, 01:36:55 AM »
i wanted to see the helicopter . why wasnt there like a light on the helicopter just like the rest of airplanes, helicopter  and other air crafts? i think that we could only hear it untill it got inside the islands atmosphere then it just crashed.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2007, 12:19:21 PM »
Super double top secret stealth mode

Offline Point Place WI

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2007, 04:27:45 PM »
Who flies without lights on a Chopper?  Who flies to an Island with one?  How much gas can one actually carry?  It's a dead giveaway for a plant.  It's a crying shame Penny Widmore has an aircraft carrier off the coast awaiting word from GI Jane Parachutter?  Bah

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2007, 04:59:45 PM »
The reason it might have not had any lights was because it was going down maybe the engine and all power shut off on approaching the island then cablamo.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2007, 02:26:11 PM »
The reason it might have not had any lights was because it was going down maybe the engine and all power shut off on approaching the island then cablamo.

it didnt go cablamo...it went splashhhhhhhh

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2007, 04:08:37 PM »
Are we to assume that there wasn't anyone else on the copter? 

Offline rjm.barnes@hotmail.co.uk

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2007, 08:33:52 PM »
Are we to assume that there wasn't anyone else on the copter? 

Puff,
Depends.
It appears this was a covert mission (1) to locate Des and (2)to retrieve Des on finding him. In which case their would have been a pilot to drop the operative(s) to carry out that mission. If this is the case I believe there should have been more than one operative -I reckon we will find this out soon.
I don't believe she ejected because of problems with the copter (red herring maybe) I think she purely had problems on descent. And then the pilot encountered problems with the copter on clearing the island as he seemed operational at first when over the bay (- If of course she was dropped by that helicopter and not another aircraft).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 08:39:48 PM by rjmb »

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2007, 11:08:07 PM »
Ya,  I'm running with another theory that the helicopter was pulling a End Around.  The lady, Naomi, was dropped from a very high altitude while the copter diverted the island's defense system.

When the helicopter is approaching, you can hear a very distinct extrinsic sound of metal scraping that is meant to suggest some form of "the monster" taking part.

You have to figure that the storyline can't waste a bunch of time with the helicopter having survivors as well.  So, it was remotely piloted.

We should assume that anyone trying to enter the island would be repelled at first.  Likely, the first helicopter went down with no survivors. 

But, with enough money and determination you can find anybody......They tried another plan.  Recognizing an active defense about the island, they sought to employ a Superman method of crashing against the wall (helicopter) while the Flash (parachutist) vibrated through.

Offline snowyjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2007, 12:16:16 AM »
Have you guys got a pic of the hellicopter... my dads a helicopter engineer... he'll tell you what it is... heck.. i'll hav a try..

Offline rjm.barnes@hotmail.co.uk

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2007, 04:53:25 AM »
by Puff"
Ya,  I'm running with another theory that the helicopter was pulling a End Around.  The lady, Naomi, was dropped from a very high altitude while the copter diverted the island's defense system.

Yep I also get that suspicion that these are two separate events in the same mission, partly due to the helicopter sequence seeming like a sacrifice rather than an accident.
Maybe the defenses weren't diverted by the copter at exactly the right moment in time hence Naomi was knocked unconscious?? on her drop/or the effect greater than expected.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 05:56:38 AM by rjmb »

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2007, 11:12:07 PM »
Does anyone else find it interesting that the helicopter/parachuter just happened to arrive at the Island very near where the cable is going from the beach to the water?  Isn't that cable supposedly connected to the underwater homing beacon, or am I getting my cables mixed up?  I'm just wondering if maybe that wasn't a coincidence.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2007, 11:19:23 PM »
Nobody knows the true purpose of the cable.  The podcast stated that an answer will be given this season.  Logical possibilities include.....energy source, defense system, quantum bubble, beacon, electromagnetic containment, holds the island down, fishing line, phone link to the real world, chain to the plunger keeping the ocean from emptying, and etc.

The wire is like the line that came off the dark tower, holding different worlds in tow.  (That is correct Johnny).

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2007, 08:48:19 PM »
The Osprey being used for a HALO jump.

i've actually done that :)

and please people...just know, you do not HAVE to freefall for very long out of a helo when jumping

(i've proudly jumped for the corps 356 times! 100 times from a helo...and 5 out of that dumb ass osprey)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2007, 08:52:26 PM »
i agree with whoever said this was a mission....to locate, retrieve and call on finding Desmond, i think she was to jump while someone (or some people) flew the helo away from the island to await a phone call (sat phone)......the helo couldnt withstand whatever force the island has hence it crashing.....the magnetic force on the island probably shut down the avionics causing failure in the computers controlling the blades, while Naomi was in the sky on her way down

should be iteresting either way