Author Topic: Things we noticed  (Read 19880 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Things we noticed
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2007, 12:05:03 PM »
maybe I should start a thread with "things we didn't notice"

In the preview video for Catch-22 I am sure I saw Locke and Sawyer involved in fistycuffs with each other ending in Locke on his back (again) with Sawyers hands round his throat... where was that scene then?

Those were previews for the final 5 episodes before the fianle

Offline Dharma Fish Crackers

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2007, 12:59:36 PM »
I am excited about this new theory of mine, so I have to post it here.  I may have the whole thing figured out!

Ok, Moriah (as in the wine label) could be an anagram for Mohair, as in suit, and that would make Elton John HIM!!

Isn't that fascinating!!

LOL ;D

You may be on to something.

Benny- Ben Linus
& the Jets- Flight 815

:P

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2007, 04:42:54 PM »
Hey everyone, long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I wonder if the scene in which Charlie, Hurley and Jin were whistling "I Am Henry the VIII I Am" was a nod to a similar scene in "Stand By Me." The film kind of had the same precedent: four guys going on a journey to find a body (though in the Losties' case the body would be the heli jumper).

anyone else notice this?
I thought they were whistling the theme from BRIDGE OVER THE RIVER KWAI.(not sure of the spelling)

It was the theme of Bridge Over The Rive Kwai.Fitting in soem ways as Alec Guiness;'s character plays right into the Japanese hands by building their bridge for them then realizes he was being played and then has to destroy the bridge.How much is Des being played bythe others with these flashes as girl from the sky  looks the girl behind ben's desk in photos,aside from the ones he has of Alex.

Alec Guiness.  Wasn't he the original OB-WAN in Star Wars?  Hmmmm, another Star Wars-type reference. 

Offline userh6478

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2007, 07:48:50 PM »
I think it is extremely weird how Rossue(the french chick) sets up her traps right next to the cable and a long it, she doesn't want anyone to know where it goes-SHE IS A OTHER!!

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2007, 01:16:40 PM »
I won't say she's an other, yet.  I think she set up her traps there because she assumed if someone found a cable (lostie or other) they would follow it-- it's makes more sense than randomly spotting them around the jungle...  well, with the exception of Ben's trap...
But yes... she does seem like she is hiding something.  She said her team tried to find the source of the signal they picked up in the Pacific.  Maybe they really did, and she is just guarding it.

Offline LostMK

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2007, 05:33:26 PM »
Hi,
Donít  know if somebody already posted something about this, cause didnt read all, but found some interesting things according the vine-bottles and the Eddington,Scotland Ė thing that was written on the label.
I posted it on : Click here

Offline Lost_Is_My_Favorite

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2007, 12:01:00 AM »
What did they ever do with it?  You would think they would have turned it on to see if they could hear any communication between The Others.  Right? 

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2007, 01:56:51 AM »
the batteries are probably dead like every thing else on this darn island :D

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2007, 10:45:39 PM »
Something else I noticed, but was in the epi where Juliet came to the island was that she was told the island was "special".  We also heard that about Locke and Walt.  Can anyone else think of any other "special" items we have heard of.

Also, I am thinking of starting a list with all the Star Wars references.  Would anyone be interested in helping me out with that if I start a new thread on it?  I guess I should start by asking--Is there a thread on it?

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2007, 11:11:54 PM »
Claire's baby....special
Rose healed
Sun pregnant

I can't think of a lot of Star War's associations, but the more I look into it the more I am convinced that Stephen King has had either direct input into the storyline or the producers are paying him some bigtime homage.

Of course, when you've written on so many unique, bizarre, and creative fronts as Mr. King, it is inevitable that one will find parallels.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2007, 11:12:55 PM »
Ring lady (Ms. Hawking) turn key or we all die.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »
maybe I should start a thread with "things we didn't notice"

In the preview video for Catch-22 I am sure I saw Locke and Sawyer involved in fistycuffs with each other ending in Locke on his back (again) with Sawyers hands round his throat... where was that scene then?

Those were previews for the final 5 episodes before the fianle

Ahh - now it makes sense - thanks Jugster!

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2007, 06:42:15 PM »
Claire's baby....special
Rose healed
Sun pregnant

I can't think of a lot of Star War's associations, but the more I look into it the more I am convinced that Stephen King has had either direct input into the storyline or the producers are paying him some bigtime homage.

Of course, when you've written on so many unique, bizarre, and creative fronts as Mr. King, it is inevitable that one will find parallels.

I agree on the Stephen King aspect, only I have never been a big reader of his books and works.  I would like to, but I am one who habitually falls asleep the moment I start reading.  It has to be a darn good book to keep me awake!  Being a big Star Wars fan, I have noticed a lot of references to the movies.  Maybe the producers want to pay homage to the great fictional minds of our time?

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2007, 08:13:33 PM »
Books on tape, the key to life and driving.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2007, 08:14:32 PM »
I never thought about that!  I could listen to them on the computer too!!  Thanks!