Author Topic: Woman from Desmond's Time Travel  (Read 13449 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Woman from Desmond's Time Travel
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 04:44:06 PM »
Hooray for Juggy and his Articles! I look forward to it!
This is likely the key item in this show, Why are they in a picture together? Is the monk also someone making sure Desmond makes it to the island? Is the picture so bad because it was formed from a timeline switch??
okay okay i'll say it.  i agree with juggy.

Yeah! Look for my next article, it is on this topic.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2007, 04:46:14 PM »
This is likely the key item in this show, Why are they in a picture together? Is the monk also someone making sure Desmond makes it to the island? Is the picture so bad because it was formed from a timeline switch??
okay okay i'll say it.  i agree with juggy.

Yeah! Look for my next article, it is on this topic.
This really starts to look like it was all planned like we have been saying... Where is the article?

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2007, 09:47:59 PM »
Those are Ben's parents. Maybe she's the lady in the painting on Ben's wall. A much younger her, of course. Hey what ever happened to the sheriff? Who was she? Do the two of them know each other?<------Pyro[move]

Offline Stardom009

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2007, 11:17:32 PM »
look into the investigation page a wrote the whole story about desmond ending up the island plus some addons now off the army.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2007, 11:58:32 AM »
the woman looks like she is wearing the same clothes in the picture as she is to when she meets desmond

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 01:09:56 AM »
Having just read Jug's article, i am liking the time rift theory more and more (still no excuse for the bad photo chop). Here are a few more theories that just occured to me.

I hadn't realized that the Brother and the Clock lady were named Campbell and Hawkings. Both powerful people with dibilitating diseases
here are some wiki clickies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Campbell%2C_Baroness_Campbell
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_hawkings
Both were incredibly active in the worlds of quantum physics and social science, despite being confined to wheel chairs and using only a computer to communicate. As TPTB have said names should not go unnoticed. It is symbolic of the Brother and Clock lady's inability to act directly on the situation, but demonstrates thier great ability to guide others with their words of wisdom. That is why they must encourage Desmond to "save the world."

Desmond when he first meets Jack implied he was almost a doctor. [he has wrapped his fair share of ankles].
Then it was implied he was in the military, then jail, then a solo race, then a monk, etc...
Are these true past memories(flashbacks) or are they variations of the future/past?
Has he done them all in his past or has he been course corrected numerous times?

Offline BobBaft

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Picture Photoshop - have a contest for bragging rights.
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 11:17:50 AM »
Everyone's complaining about how bad the picture was photoshopped...some of you should step up to the plate and submit a better one. Winner gets nothing, just bragging rights.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2007, 01:27:00 PM »
I like the Campbell/Hawking correllation....they both suffer from motor neuron disease.  Interestingly, if the namesakes are both confined to wheelchairs, are we to conclude that these characters are as well and what we see in the flashbacks are apparitions created by computer or mental powers?  This would be very much comic book stuff..... scientist trapped in a wheelchair is able to use mental powers to project an ambulatory self and intrude into the mind of another....

The name Campbell is well known in the area of theoretical mathematics.  The calculations of Campbell's theorem allow for application of 4 dimenionsal covariates into a 5 dimensional system.  Don't ask me to explain..... It does have applications to quantum mechanics by is actually more useful in the field of applied statistics (where ANOVA processes are reversed for the purpose of fomulating equations to predict behaviors of macrosystems).

Finally, Campbell was a famous orthopaedist writing the commonly used general textbook in the field as well as establishing a large clinic in Memphis.

But, I'm with you in buying the idea that what relates the two names is their relationship to quantum mechanics and a common underlying disorder (ALS and spinal muscular atrophy are both forms of motor neuron disease).

I've been watching this thread and the most important question that I have is, who are these people who are guiding Desmond's path?  They do not appear similar to the Others who have appeared in Juliet's flashback.  These guys appear related to the island yet have been planted in a particular role for a great deal of time.  Further, Mrs. Ring (Hawking) and Mr. Monk (Campbell) are unscientific and grandparently.  They are not recruiters, but instead provide nudges.

Two groups of Others....very likely.  One group with limited physical ablilities but incredible mental faculties, the other living in the physical world but incredibly manipulative.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 04:22:58 PM by puff6962 »

Offline rjm.barnes@hotmail.co.uk

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2007, 05:17:57 AM »
Puff "
I've been watching this thread and the most important question that I have is, who are these people who are guiding Desmond's path?  They do not appear similar to the Others who have appeared in Juliet's flashback.  These guys appear related to the island yet have been planted in a particular role for a great deal of time.  Further, Mrs. Ring (Hawking) and Mr. Monk (Campbell) are unscientific and grandparently.  They are not recruiters, but instead provide nudges.

This Dialogue makes me think that Penny imaybe in on it as well (at least at some point):
Penny: Well, maybe they're right. I mean, just think. If you hadn't gotten fired, we wouldn't have met. And, then, how could you possibly help me unload these crates in Carlisle?
Desmond: Heh, did I say I was coming to Carlisle with you?
Penny: Not yet. I mean, of course, if an ex-monk already has plans, then--
Desmond: You know, I don't usually get in cars with strangers.
Penny: Well, in that case, I'm Penelope. Penny.

She may have been recruited to 'direct' Desmond. But following the old storyline cliche: Girl hired to do put up job on guy. Girl falls for guy. Stops doing put up job on guy. Tries to help guy against those who want the put up job done (her father etc??).

This would allow her to know more about Des's situation than we first thought. And may explain how she would know to set up a science station to find a magnetic anomaly to find Des - this wouldn't be done on an incling alone- I imagine!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 05:24:15 AM by rjmb »

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2007, 11:17:45 PM »
Two groups of Others....very likely.  One group with limited physical ablilities but incredible mental faculties, the other living in the physical world but incredibly manipulative.
I think there are nine factions of others. i believe TPTB Damon confirmed this in an old podcast (the comic-con one).

1-losties
2-kids-alex et al
3-others/losties in training-approved losties ie. Jack, Locke?
4-dharma work men?
5-dharma/mittelos scientists-Juliet
6-dharma funders/endorsers-Widmore, Paik etc...
7-commited others ie. Ben, Ethan, Richard
8-Mr. monk, Mrs. ring, Isabel?
9-Him-Jacob/wickman?
 Just stabs, still trying to work out the order

Offline Will H

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2009, 03:21:21 PM »
It is key see series 5 thread about Hawking women